OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2020, 02:04 

Blade: Yinhe N9s cPen
FH: Yinhe Mercury 2 hard
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
They should "hate" the LP and the antispin/antipower in the same measure they are hating their own technique.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2020, 13:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

For what it's worth - two of our group of players moved to long pips about 2-3 years ago. And one had always been playing with bare wood on the reverse penhold side. (If you think long pips gives spin reversal, bare wood gives 2-3X more.) In the beginning everyone was really tentative - the pips players were especially tentative, gently and carefully pushing balls around. These days? Everyone's gotten used to it. No one really cares, there are very few pips-caused errors.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2020, 14:38 

Der_Echte wrote:
Hi all,

How much have players been hating on the LP/MP/SP/Anti rubbers around you?

I have seen a lot less of this in California, but what have you been seeing?

In my last tourney (one of my best tourneys) I reached quarters of U2200 in a 4 star tourney and had to play against an Anti player who was a level better. He ended up having 3 levels of touch better than me and I lost 3-0. I really hated on that dude. He had the best touch on his BH with Anti I have ever seen in my life, he twiddled to attack well, and knew how to receive serves. I was competitive, but really not a threat to win. Damn that dude and his skillz.

There is a mother here who plays MP and LP who sticks the bat out there to bring it back and does a little jerk on it. A lot of the U1800 California crowd just want to cream that ball, but mis-time it a lot... after too many misses, they play safe. Against these kind of loose balls, she will side swipe inside out FH with pips, either away or right at opponent... players want to crush this ball 10x more... and more than not, so totally whiff on it or mis-time the attack and it never lands... There as SO DAMN MANY macho-man attacking players under 1800 who SO WANT HER BLOOD they cannot stand it. In league, a victory vs her is grounds for declaring the night a roaring success, despite a 2W - 4L session on their table !!!

Is the LP/Pips/Anti hate a thing, or am I blowing too much smoke on this one?

What is the ladies name? I'm thinking I might have played her at Nationals last year. I heard SiTTA opened back up. We're still closed at SPTTC.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2020, 16:21 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Cant remember last name, but if you look at James' league website you can prolly see her last name. First name is Megha. I think she has even improved since then.

Sitta opened... for a grand total of one day. A/C unit went south and the service provider is still waiting for HVAC parts (be nice to truckers everyone !)

So Sitta be shut down like a whatever on (insert name of whatever).

Sitta was already not able to make anywhere close to operating expenses before Covid, gunna be hurting since. SPTTC is likely under similar financial pressure, prolly gunna take a while to get self sustaining.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 06:37 

Der_Echte wrote:
Cant remember last name, but if you look at James' league website you can prolly see her last name. First name is Megha. I think she has even improved since then.

Sitta opened... for a grand total of one day. A/C unit went south and the service provider is still waiting for HVAC parts (be nice to truckers everyone !)

So Sitta be shut down like a whatever on (insert name of whatever).

Sitta was already not able to make anywhere close to operating expenses before Covid, gunna be hurting since. SPTTC is likely under similar financial pressure, prolly gunna take a while to get self sustaining.

Yep, I did play her at the 19 Nationals in the 2200 Super Tiered event event. Won 3-0. I think she was getting frustrated with me last part of the match because her pips weren't bothering me. She gave the B player a fairly good match. Lost 3-0 but 2 of the games went deuce.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 09:20 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Megha regularly defeats west coast 1600 mindless loopers. When she is consistent enough and her pick hits land, she wins vs 1800 west coast offensive players. She has had very impressive improvement over the last two years with pretty much just sticking it out there and getting it back. I encouraged her to continue to play her style as she like that style. I encouraged her to take ball early if possible and use loose hand... be ready to hit is chance is there. make them pay for playing too safe/loose.

When she faces a player who isn't confused about pips and uses shots into the pips to setup even better offence, she isn't gunna make it. Fortunately for her, NO ONE in the U1600 ranks is like this and majority of the U1800 crowd cannot read pips well or are just not as consistent as needed. When Megha puts these type under pressure, they often fold of blow a few fuses.

It is comical to watch. Here is Megha who looks like she is using elephant footwork (not really true, her one step footwork is good), looks like she has no conventional FH or BH topspin (true), has attacking shots that would bring a stroke coach to tears (true), and appears to without any skills to just stick that bat out there like a 600 level basement player. (true in only appearance - her ball quality is obviously near 1800 if you know what to look for - just look at how many easy looking balls she gives that her 1600-1800 opponents that they miss time and time again)

Such a riot to watch her in league the guys in the club want her blood SO BAD, but they often cannot taste it.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!