OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: USATT Rating Calculator
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2020, 02:58 

Hi all,

I am Tony Ma and you may know me from the USATT 2000 in 2 Years video on YouTube, but I'm posting here today to tell you guys about a mobile app I created.

I am studying computer science in college so I decided to use my skills and work on a project relating to something I was passionate about, table tennis! The result is a "USATT Rating Calculator" app which word for word implements the USA Table Tennis rating system explanation on their website. It is currently both on the Android Google Play Store and iOS App Store AND now I have also created a website for it https://usattratingcalculator.com/. I think it turned out pretty good but there's always room for improvement so I'd love to hear your guys' feedback so don't be afraid to tell me what I could improve for future updates!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2020, 04:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Very useful IF you have a rating already, have just completed a tournament and want to calculate your new rating without waiting for the official USATT ratings to come out. I suppose you would have to know your adjusted rating if you got adjusted.. I don't think they tell you these things.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2020, 16:01 

Blade: Grubba
FH: Tenergy
BH: Desto
iskandar taib wrote:
Very useful IF you have a rating already, have just completed a tournament and want to calculate your new rating without waiting for the official USATT ratings to come out. I suppose you would have to know your adjusted rating if you got adjusted.. I don't think they tell you these things.

Iskandar

Incorrect.

You don't need to be a USATT member and you do not need an initial USATT rating. You can process any groups of new players with initial estimated ratings.
As far as I saw, the adjusted rating field is not an entry field but is a calculated field. at least I did not need to enter it.

I have tested it otherwise. And it seems to work. But I am not sure how closely it matches to USATT processing results (though it does seem to do multi-pass as well) but it does not matter if you run your own league or an unsanctioned tournament & is sufficient for that purpose

It would be nice if he gives out the source code like open source, so that leagues and unsanctioned tournaments world wide can use it and improve on them, eliminating the need for USATT and such ITTF affiliate associations who are USOC & IOC puppets and focus only on youth and an Olympic medal.

For example I would like the other association is USA called USTTAA.org should be able to use this software and run as an independent association