OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 02:13 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Hey guys, long time no talk.

Due to COVID, as everyone else, I took a break from TT and also took a break from internet TT. It was too depressing to be honest, and I just couldn't bear to log in. I had to forget about it because I was driving myself nuts.

1 year later...Fully vaccinated and awaiting others to vaccinate in my area, I finally felt okay enough to go back to the club a few weeks ago, and went in for my 3rd session. My terrible game has become even more abysmal as expected. I had to drill for an hour just to do forhand warm ups....kept putting balls into the net! Yesterday, I had a ton of fun playing in the <1800 league at my club.

What's everyone up to these days?

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 03:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

We were playing for a while, but we stopped a couple weeks back because COVID cases started going up again and they instituted a partial lockdown. Annoying, but that's the way it is. We definitely don't want things to get out of hand, like it has in India.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 03:52 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
iskandar taib wrote:
We were playing for a while, but we stopped a couple weeks back because COVID cases started going up again and they instituted a partial lockdown. Annoying, but that's the way it is. We definitely don't want things to get out of hand, like it has in India.

Iskandar

Remind me where you are again Isk?

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 16:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome back Japsican! :rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 20:51 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Quote:
What's everyone up to these days?

Organised group activities for adults is still against the rules in Norway. We are organising training for the young (up to 19yo), and occasionally (not monthly, but thereabouts) rent space for personal training (two or four players unscheduled does not count as a group gathering, hence less risky, so it is allowed).

Looking forward to getting the vaccine situation sorted out. I am in priority group 8 (out of 9), and around here they are finishing group 4 these days. So, perhaps around Christmas time. Colleagues from neighboring municipalities are getting the vaccine now (also priority 8), so perhaps I should move, (temporarily, like I rent an apartment just for a month or so).

Not sure how they are going to go about division play next season, with some regions having everyone immunized and other regions (like around here) not nearly halfway through. Not a problem for our club ; we haven't had players ranked for the last 5-6 years, so we will have to start at the bottom anyway. Probably not this year, though.

They say we're over the top. Let's see about that. I know people. Come summer, too many are going to think "so many people are vaccinated now, we're probably safe". Come September, we'll be on the crest of another wave, as it were.

Pessimistic, I guess, but other than that, I'm fine. Good to hear from you again!

PostPosted: 29 May 2021, 17:56 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Jspcn,

Yes, it will be frustrating at early stages not making the most basic of shots to teh quality or consistency you want. Don't sweat too much, it will come back. Some of your level will come back pretty quick, like after 4-5 sessions, some of it will take a few months. Just enjoy and do not get too over serious like Der_Echte and it will be easy.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 29 May 2021, 19:07 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Welcome back!

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2021, 07:31 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

I am usually happy about it when I'm right. Not this time.
Quote:
[...] Come September, we'll be on the crest of another wave [...]

I claimed that "I know people", but there is another factor I didn't foresee.

With R=2 (that is the "reproduction rate" of the virus), the highest number of SARS-CoV-2 infections ever, and parliamentary election in two weeks, the government decides that we can now remove most restrictions. To me this looks absurd, even when a majority of the voters adult population is fully vaccinated. They say it is "according to plan". Of course it is...

Attachment:
smitte.PNG
smitte.PNG [ 26.01 KiB | Viewed 1051 times ]

Everyone can decide for themselves what to make of this. I know what I think, and I'm disappointed.

Sorry to hijack your comeback thread, Japsican. Just needed to get this off my chest, and with my previous answer this place seemed like home for it.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!