OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2024, 20:14 

Blade: Sanwei Parla
FH: Sanwei Target National
BH: Sanwei Dizzy
Hello everybody,

Recently I moved to Germany for competing in the league over here.

I Always have been curious about how is the day of a player before a match. What he does? How he focus? What he eat? What he has in his bag back? For this reason I decided to make this particular video telling how was my experience before my first match in this country.

It is interesting to watch the never that I had, the thought passing by my mind, the interaction with the environment. I think all of this have a big influence in the result of the match.

¿What do you think?

Looking forward to your comments

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2024, 23:30 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great video, enjoyed that! You have a real talent for making it entertaining, gave me a few laughs! :rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2024, 23:44 

haggisv wrote:
Great video, enjoyed that! You have a real talent for making it entertaining, gave me a few laughs! :rock: :rock: :rock:

I’m glad to hear that. It makes me happy to hear from experience people this kind of comments.

Do you have something that you always do before or during a match? as me watching inspiring videos or eating a gummy after the games.

Regards.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2024, 23:44 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Thanks Diego! I enjoyed your video a lot too. Funny and entertaining! May I asked which league this is in Germany? I’m originally from Germany so I know and understand the league system.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2024, 23:47 

haggisv wrote:

Actually an other question: I just saw in your setup that you play with TM in the backhand in a carbon blade. How is it going for you with this combination? Did you try some other similar rubbers in your carbon blade?

Thanks for answering, all this information is so useful for me.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2024, 23:53 

Matt Pimple wrote:
Thanks Diego! I enjoyed your video a lot too. Funny and entertaining! May I asked which league this is in Germany? I’m originally from Germany so I know and understand the league system.

Hello my Antirules friend,

I’m just getting use to this name of the leagues here. I will copy here the complete name that you will for sure understand better than me: Herren Bezirksklasse A Gruppe 1 OA (Bayerischer TTV - Schwaben-Süd )

Thanks for your kind comment, looking forward that you comeback to visit for playing a match.

Regards.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 01:45 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Diegox wrote:
Herren Bezirksklasse A Gruppe 1 OA (Bayerischer TTV - Schwaben-Süd )

Thanks Diego! I was able to find you on tt-click. You won all your matches so far and you might be better than the #3 seeding you have in your team right now.

Last edited by Matt Pimple on 19 Jan 2024, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 02:26 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Hi Diego,

I'm really liking the effort you are putting into your content.

Great stuff,
Keep it up

Pieter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 07:40 

Matt Pimple wrote:
Diegox wrote:
Herren Bezirksklasse A Gruppe 1 OA (Bayerischer TTV - Schwaben-Süd )

Thanks Diego! I was able to find you on tt-click. You won all your matches so far and you might be better than the #3 seeding you have in your team right now.

Thanks, wow you are so good finding all this information. I don’t know where to check all of it. Maybe you can explain me a little bit how it works.

Regards.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2024, 07:43 

Carels wrote:
Hi Diego,

I'm really liking the effort you are putting into your content.

Great stuff,
Keep it up

Pieter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I will continue working hard to show the nice characteristics of this long pips OX experience.

I’m so motivated for kind people like you that are supporting this initiative.

Really thank you.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2024, 01:54 

I found this quite interesting, because I play at approximately the same level, but in another state.
I knew some of the differences, but I was surprised by other ones.
I know that in some areas, teams have only four players. Where I play we have six players per team, for a total of 16 matches (12 singles, 4 doubles). But we stop as soon as one team has nine points, whereas you seem to always play all matches.
What I like most about our system, is that there is a "decider double" (between the best doubles of both teams) at the end, so that the decider doesn't rest on the shoulders of a single player (usually the weakest of the team).

What really surprised me is that you seem to be counting the games yourself. In our leagues, all tables need to have a referee table with a scoreboard, and each team will put someone in the referee position for each of the tables during the whole game, usually one of the players who isn't playing at that time.

Also, are the gyms always that empty, or was that only with this club? In our league, matches are during normal training session, so that some people, who are taking a break from training are always there to cheer on the players, applaud for good points, etc. which makes for a nicer atmosphere, IMO.

Anyway, just my observations, keep up the good work and have fun playing table tennis in Germany!

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2024, 05:05 

Iguana wrote:
I found this quite interesting, because I play at approximately the same level, but in another state.
I knew some of the differences, but I was surprised by other ones.
I know that in some areas, teams have only four players. Where I play we have six players per team, for a total of 16 matches (12 singles, 4 doubles). But we stop as soon as one team has nine points, whereas you seem to always play all matches.
What I like most about our system, is that there is a "decider double" (between the best doubles of both teams) at the end, so that the decider doesn't rest on the shoulders of a single player (usually the weakest of the team).

What really surprised me is that you seem to be counting the games yourself. In our leagues, all tables need to have a referee table with a scoreboard, and each team will put someone in the referee position for each of the tables during the whole game, usually one of the players who isn't playing at that time.

Also, are the gyms always that empty, or was that only with this club? In our league, matches are during normal training session, so that some people, who are taking a break from training are always there to cheer on the players, applaud for good points, etc. which makes for a nicer atmosphere, IMO.

Anyway, just my observations, keep up the good work and have fun playing table tennis in Germany!

Thanks for your comment,

Actually it is so interesting so that you are commenting about your league. I have doubts about the individual TTR, because if you stop when somebody is wining, you are not letting people get the matches for their personal ranking, how it works?

Defining in doubles is how we use to play in Spain, but honestly I prefer individuals, because is more open to strategy about whom is the 4th one and which one the 1st one.

About referees, for me was also a surprise when I arrived here and get that I need to count by memory all the points. It is something that in my case make me lose the focus.

This place particularly was so empty because it was so big, in general the rest of the matches I already played were with more people watching.

Thanks for your comments, so nice to learn how it works in other places. Let me know when you come to the south for some matches.

Regarse.