OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 65  Next
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2019, 21:30 

Blade: stiga ebenholz nct VII
What you do is outrageous . You keep repeating the same things like a deaf fanatic member of some obscure religious cult.
Please dont feed him with photos and videos . They live to respond to videos and photos just by watching them.Dont underestimate yourselves and show some respect to his condition.
You will never find a way to convince me that my favourite greek football team is not the best in the world.Believe me i can respond to any question to deny any different claim.You can bring me stats, you can bring me facts, you can compare my team with real madrid or barcelona. Believe me i have answers. i am crazy and fanatic about my team. How reasonable a discussion with me can be? If you cant convince me about something so obvious for you, how can convince a member of an obscure religion.
All his answers are the same thing.Its like saying to a grandma that there is no evidence that there is god and her respond is that you will burn in hell.
P.S. Mac dont expext people to get you serious if you dont respond to their questions.If you dont make discussions.You just choose what to respond because its easy.Even if this stupid theory is right, your way to present it is enough for people to overpass it.If you want a theory (even right one) to be destroyed make its believers fanatics.Give it to lunatics.
We know that you respond only to videos and photos.Its the only easy thing you can do.It easy to hide your theory behind your incompetence to fly to the moon to see it. Or to do your own big scale experiment through scientific process.You cant prove your theory.You are not even as community willing to pay for your theories in order to prove it.You do only cheap stuff.If you are not willing to bleed for your beliefs either your beliefs suck either you suck . You can only deny photos and videos just by watching them .You dont even need to read to do this.anyone can do it.
And unfortunately i am sure that you dont try to do big scale expensive scientific experiments, not because you cant be organised and gather money as a community, but because you are affraid of the results.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 03:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

birchamboi wrote:
FWIW, mac doesn't actually "trust only [his] eyes and nothing else". There's lots of stuff he sees which he chooses to discount, e.g. the refraction of light, and there's lots of stuff he can't see which he does trust, e.g. he doesn't seem to have a problem with the concept of sub-atomic particles.

Heck, he's probably watched the sun rise and set behind the horizon dozens of times and doesn't realize this can't happen on a flat Earth. Unless he lives in a basement and only wakes up at noon, of course. It's an unfortunate thing that many of the big-name flat earthers on YouTube seem to fit that description or are otherwise weirdos - it give the impression that flat earthers are mostly like that and I'm sure a lot are not..

modeplagal wrote:
What you do is outrageous . You keep repeating the same things like a deaf fanatic member of some obscure religious cult.
Please dont feed him with photos and videos . They live to respond to videos and photos just by watching them.

I agree we shouldn't feed trolls. Flat earth conspiracists, though, that's another matter.. :lol:

mac33 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckq23t_uE4U

Look at the ship at 3-45 then the camera zooms back in and the ship disappears out of view. Proof it never went below any curve.

If the ship "disappears out of view" it must've gone over the curve, no?

There's no way this one is "coming back" - that's a P900 at full zoom. Can't explain THIS by a "curved lens".. :lol:

Blobby shark do root do root doot doot, Blobby shark do root do root doot doot ....

Iskandar

Last edited by iskandar taib on 22 Dec 2019, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 07:40 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
modeplagal wrote:
And unfortunately i am sure that you dont try to do big scale expensive scientific experiments, not because you cant be organised and gather money as a community, but because you are affraid of the results.

Of course they know what the results would be. The experiments would not even need to be 'big scale' or expensive. University students can send up a weather balloon 23km high with a GoPro attached but for some reason the flat earth community cannot?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 11:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Here's some failed experiments. One involves a $20,000 ring laser gyro - which, when they turned it on, immediately picked up a 15 degree per hour "drift"... :lol: The full documentary is on Netflix.

FF to 4:35.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2019, 16:31 
Super User

As I received no explanation the first time I'll post it again.

The video the guy took from the beach zooming in to a ship from a long way away I'm estimating around 6-8 miles shows the whole of the ship visible then the guy zooms back out and the ship disappears from view.

This is not possible were the sea curved as is claimed.

What is the explanation?

Refraction perhaps?

Watch from 3 minutes 45 seconds - you see the ship.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckq23t_uE4U

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2019, 00:22 

Blade: stiga ebenholz nct VII
Dont feed him with videos and photos please.Don't make his mental illness worse.
Let his flat brain get some tranquility.
How serious a discussion can be with someone that denies science by watching photos and videos from his laptop and by observing beaches.
I will wear flat sunglasses and i will become flat-sun believer.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2019, 00:36 
Super User

mac33 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckq23t_uE4U

Look at the ship at 3-45 then the camera zooms back in and the ship disappears out of view. Proof it never went below any curve.

Ok, I'll give you the attention you so desperately need.

At 3:46, the horizon is clearly seen behind the ship, which means we're not talking about the ship sailing over the horizon.

At 3:56, the camera has started to zoom out. Two things are immediately apparent: 1. the water is at an angle which means it must be flowing downhill (actually, that's not true. I'm just repeating flat earth nonsense), and 2. the line of the horizon is now significantly higher than earlier. What does this mean? These two things can only mean that whoever is holding the camera is moving. This is important to recognise and take into account.

At 4:01, the ship is still visible even though the camera has zoomed out further. Note the horizon is even higher than at 3:56, which means the camera is still moving.

At 4:03, the ship "disappears" from view. But note how much higher the horizon is now.

What does this mean? The changing level of the horizon means that the camera while zooming out is also being lowered. We know that with a curved earth we are able to see objects from a height that we can't see down low. Effectively, objects disappear below the horizon much earlier when viewed from a lower position. If the camera was not zooming out, the ship would still "disappear" as the camera was lowered. In effect, the video actually proves the earth is curved!

Now that I've offered you an explanation for your video, now do me the courtesy of watching the video I posted and explain that.

FWIW, I may be misinterpreting mac's nonsense, so I would be happy to have others' input.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2019, 02:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Heck, if you zoom out enough, the boat gets smaller than a few pixels. Camera shake does the rest. Of course it'll "disappear". This is totally irrelevant, since the boat's not over the horizon in any case.

Of course, Mac will NEVER acknowledge the photo of the schooner hull-down I posted earlier. He's actually behind the times and hasn't been "keeping up with the literature". All the major flat earthers on YouTube (Ranty, Knodel, Phucket World, etc. etc.), after being bombarded by countless photos (some of which they took themselves.. :lol: ) acknowledge that boats/wind turbines/skyscrapers etc. DO disappear bottom first over the curve of the horizon. So they've come up with some new theories about why this happens, e.g. "Flerfspective" and "Angle of Attack".

I don't care how much you zoom in, you could do it with the Hubble Space Telescope if you get it down to the beach, the hull isn't coming back. The sails will just get bigger.

modeplagal wrote:
Dont feed him with videos and photos please.Don't make his mental illness worse.
Let his flat brain get some tranquility.
How serious a discussion can be with someone that denies science by watching photos and videos from his laptop and by observing beaches.
I will wear flat sunglasses and i will become flat-sun believer.

Who cares about his mental tranquility... :lol: This has long ceased being any sort of rational discussion about science, or reality, for that matter. He's doing it to stoke his "wokedness", we're doing it, well, because it gives us some satisfaction in pointing out how silly the whole thing is and how easily it's debunked. We know we'll never wake a "woked" person, so what. At least it'll serve to educate those coming across this silliness for the first time.

Iskandar

Last edited by iskandar taib on 23 Dec 2019, 02:52, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2019, 03:09 
Super User

I watched the video from 3.45 like 10 times now.

You can see where the water meets the bottom of the ship.

There clearly is no curvature visible.

At the distance the boat is away you should be seeing around 29 feet or so of curvature.

When the person zooms back in again it appears the footage was taken on or close to the beach.

There are so many other clips showing similar footage with the popularity of zoom cameras being so great these days.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2019, 05:14 
Super User

mac33 wrote:
I watched the video from 3.45 like 10 times now.

You can see where the water meets the bottom of the ship.

There clearly is no curvature visible.

At the distance the boat is away you should be seeing around 29 feet or so of curvature.

When the person zooms back in again it appears the footage was taken on or close to the beach.

There are so many other clips showing similar footage with the popularity of zoom cameras being so great these days.

Why do you never, ever, ever reply directly to something you're asked? You're like a two year old who's asked if they broke the glass and they reply, "There's another glass in the cupboard." Just answer the damn questions for once!!!! Does the camera move???? If you've watched the flaming clip 10 times you know the answer and you also know that moving the camera invalidates any assertion you're trying to make.

Plus, have you watched the flaming video I've posted twice now? Explain why the boat clearly goes over the horizon. Explain why the hull disappears first. Just once, answer the question.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2019, 15:18 
Super User

So the person holding the camera moves the camera a bit and that invalidates being able to see the bottom of the ship - really.

For me it does not in anyway short of his / her arms being especially long.lol.

When I said 29 feet I meant 20 feet,a typing error. From a 6 mile distance there's supposed to be a 24 foot drop.

It certainly looks that distance away at least albeit it was shot from higher than water level.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2019, 15:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

You sure this wasn't 2 miles away? :lol:

Attachment:
Yodelcurve6.jpg
Yodelcurve6.jpg [ 39.27 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

Yeah, you can see the ship isn't anywhere near the horizon. It probably WAS only 2 miles away. With the P900 at full zoom, you have no trouble at all reading the shipping containers:

Attachment:
Yodelcurve6b.jpg
Yodelcurve6b.jpg [ 50.34 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

Compare this with the schooner photograph I posted earlier, which WAS over the horizon and therefore so much further away.

Attachment:
Yodelcurve6a.jpg
Yodelcurve6a.jpg [ 40.08 KiB | Viewed 970 times ]

And here it is right before it "disappears" (note the quote marks). Why does it "disappear"? Because it's too small to be resolved by the camera's sensor. (The same reason why you can't read the containers in the first photo.) I don't know what Mac was trying to "prove" here, like a lot of Flat Earth arguments it doesn't prove anything at all except that Flat Earthers can't reason.

Before it's too late indeed. :lol: Too late for what??? Yodel do do de doo doot...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2019, 19:12 
Super User

Look at the video for yourself - 2 miles is a joke. Id say 6-8 miles away.

Believe what you want - bendy water and all.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2019, 19:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Typical flat earther argument. 2 miles makes sense. 6-8 miles?? Proof? NONE!!!! Just because you SAY it LOOKS like it's 6-8 miles does not mean it is. Were you THERE? No. What you see on the screen isn't what it'd look like in real life. A Coolpix P900 has a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 24mm - that's a super wide-angle. 2 miles would look just like that at 24mm. (This probably won't mean anything to you since you don't know anything about cameras or photography, just like you've never had to deal with precision instruments or machine tools.) That ship's so close you can read the containers when you zoom in to the maximum 2000mm. Proof that it is closer than the horizon? First picture.

No wonder no one except flat earthers buy P900s - that lens is S-L-O-W. 4.3-357 mm (24-2000 mm f/15.8-36.7 equivalent). f15.8 wide open.. no use for general photography.

Bendy water? BENDY WATER??? We got Bendy Water. Water is ALWAYS Bendy. :lol: So are very long bridges. And railway tracks.

Attachment:
Yodelcurve7.jpg
Yodelcurve7.jpg [ 96.02 KiB | Viewed 946 times ]

Yodel do dee do dee do...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2019, 19:08 
Super User

mac33 wrote:
So the person holding the camera moves the camera a bit and that invalidates being able to see the bottom of the ship - really.

For me it does not in anyway short of his / her arms being especially long.lol.
The fact that moving the camera doesn't mean anything to you does prove something. It proves you have no ability to reason.

Simple experiment, something you can SEE FOR YOURSELF! Stand on one side of a four foot wall with your camera. Look at something on the ground on the other side of the wall. Now squat down. Whatever it was you were looking at "disappears"!!! How did that happen? The camera moved. The position of our eyeline is extremely important. It's why we can see things a lot further away when we're on top of a tower than when we're on the ground. It's why sailors in the days of sailing ships positioned a lookout in the cross-trees. It's why those lookouts could see land and ships which were over the horizon to those down on the deck.

This is an experiment you can do for yourself, which doesn't rely upon the science you claim to distrust, and which involves exactly zero conspiracies.

BTW, still no attempt to explain the video I keep referencing. What's the matter? Scared to admit you're wrong? Here it is again, plus some bonus material.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 65  Next