OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 65  Next
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2019, 17:24 
Super User

Keep your pics of photos taken thru a curved lens coming - they are fooling less and less by the day.

Go to the beach and this artificial curve that is evident on your pics is not visible.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 05:08 
Super User

Another great interview.

From 5-35 he talks about the 102 mile long bridge in China. How it would have to have a curve built in to each section.

Then immediately after exposes how planes fly horizontal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ft7zl ... yv&index=7

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2019, 12:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:
Keep your pics of photos taken thru a curved lens coming - they are fooling less and less by the day.

Go to the beach and this artificial curve that is evident on your pics is not visible.

Attachment:
main-qimg-543e9643e4446d1ad40a37cc4e234542.png
main-qimg-543e9643e4446d1ad40a37cc4e234542.png [ 231.41 KiB | Viewed 826 times ]

If you had a P900 it would be... :lol: I told you he was open minded... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do de de de do de doo..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2019, 23:09 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Of course the flat earthers will always suggest that you watch from beach level.

Imagine observing the curvature of a hula-hoop. When your head is exactly "in plane" in the middle of the ring, you observe no curvature, only a straight line. Add some elevation, and curvature is easier to discern.
Attachment:
horizons and curve.png
horizons and curve.png [ 48.83 KiB | Viewed 803 times ]
The horizon is just like a larger version of that hula-hoop, and we are around the middle. Beach level is very close to the exact "hula-hoop plane level". Going up on a mountain will increase the size of the hoop (so actual curvature is less pronounced), but also adds slight elevation so it becomes possible to discern curvature.

This is what I have mentioned a few times before as "simple geometry". It is REALLY simple. ANYONE can do it. Most people can also find a sufficiently tall hill and straight ruler so they can do the real-life experiment to determine that reality mimics theory (or was that the other way around). Believing what you see (as mac33 insisted more than once) is of course something else.

The camera-view-through-pipe experiment shown some thirty pages back doesn't require quite as tall a hill to show the same thing, but it has two flaws: Some expensive equipment (camera and a good lens) is required for a satisfactory image, and it requires that you can hold a thought for the time it takes to go from one end of the pipe to the other (or trust that the video was not "doctored" in any way).

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 01:21 
Super User

Keme - no one has ever witnessed any curvature of the earth.

If you can see curvature why don't up you video it so all of us can see this amazing bendy water.

Water or liquid can never support itself ever so it cannot bend or curve.

The concrete jungles you see in big cities are all built using the water level so according to your logic they all are slightly curved,lol.

You need to take a big,big step back - take a few deep breaths and start again from the start.

Wipe the slate clean effectively and approach this topic with an open mind.

Till you do so,unfortunately I do not see you waking up.

Start by watching the recent clips I posted and good luck.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 06:10 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
Quote:
If you can see curvature why don't up you video it so all of us can see this amazing bendy water.

Only for you to disparage it as doctored, or taken with a distorting lens.

Till you stop doing that, unfortunately, I do not see you waking up.

Start by watching all the incontrovertible clips and photos that are available everywhere and good luck.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 16:31 
Super User

Their photos are admitted by NASA employee Robert Simmons to be composites.

Here is a good clip 'explaining away' the physical evidence of a flat earth to their preferred spherical model.

Fool me once......

https://www.abc57.com/news/skyline-skep ... gan-mirage

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 18:05 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:

Because you have to do it yourself. If anyone else does it, you just invent new ways they may have cheated (or you just ignore it). I can't really be bothered to spend a full day building evidence for things I already know, at the whims of people who call me a liar or a fool, or sometimes both.

Also, there is so much material out there already that I don't need to add to the noise. Found this video which does the experiment I described above, after explaining all the possible lens issues I have also mentioned in a few posts. Unlike your typical video attachment, this one fits nicely inside a coffee break.

You don't accept anything anyone else says. Only your own senses. So use your own senses. Don't believe that video. Repeat the experiment with your own implements. If your senses still tell you the earth is flat, then that is OK with me. If you insist on "evangelizing" this, with the sole purpose of undermining the faith in establishment in order to "soften the minds" for further influencing (*), that is not OK with me. Most of the world has now forgotten about Cambridge Analytica, but not all of us have. "Therein lies the rub..."

(*) purpose explicitly stated in a video you recently posted, and you, yourself, pointed out the spot in the video where the purpose begins to be revealed.

Last edited by keme on 19 Dec 2019, 20:39, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 20:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mac33 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachment:
Yodelcurve5.jpg
Yodelcurve5.jpg [ 57.63 KiB | Viewed 771 times ]

Blabby shark do root doot doot blabby shark do root doot doot...

*sigh* :?:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 21:08 
Super User

I have not called you a liar or a fool or both.

I sail at the ocean frequently and have done the experiment in the above video lots of times.

I can confirm there is absolutely no curvature visible when putting a straight edge across the horizon.

Water or liquid cannot support itsel, so it has to lay perfectly horizontal between any two points.

The talking heads like Neil De Gras Tyson and others in his field tell us you cannot see curvature till 75 000 feet yet others are convinced when on a plane they can see it. The guy in the video said he can see the curvature from his photo taken from a height of 575 feet. The narrative we are given is conflicting to say the least.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 22:56 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
I have not called you a liar or a fool or both.

Oh, well, ...
Quote:
This bending of light / mirage is just another one of their BS excuses.
This is where you call me a liar (at best)
Quote:
Unsurprisingly Keme used one of his cards today in order to stop himself from seeing further down the rabbit hole.
That would amount to calling me a fool.

Also ...
mac33 wrote:
I sail at the ocean frequently and have done the experiment in the above video lots of times.

I can confirm there is absolutely no curvature visible when putting a straight edge across the horizon.

So your sailboat has a 500' tall mast with a platform on top to perform that experiment on? With a cruiseliner-grade stabilising mechanism for that platform, to keep things perfectly level? I am impressed!

Or did you miss the point about being at sea level vs. on a mountain, or "what you see when in the middle of the hula-hoop"?

Quote:
Water or liquid cannot support itsel, so it has to lay perfectly horizontal between any two points.
We do not need to disagree on this, in principle, however disregarding the effects of sun/moon gravity, air pressure differences and inertia (which all have a bearing on the tide).

Still, when I claim that the horizon will curve visibly as viewed from an altitude, "horizontal" water will also curve to a degree perceivable from a distance. Horizontal is (in my perceived universe) not necessarily dead straight. It is simply "perpendicular to the direction of gravity". With this, "slightly curved" is allowable, somewhat depending on the frame of reference.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 23:12 
Super User

Horizontal means horizontal or dead straight between any two points - at least to me.

I'm certain it also means the same for schools,universities etc as well.

I think you are suggesting horizontal means equal distance to the centre of the sphere in which case horizontal means curved as there's a claimed total of 6300 kilometres of total curvature.

When i meant when i go sailing was I can see the horizon from the beach as always being dead level or horizontal between any two points that i look at.

Are you suggesting i suspend my observations to trust images showing a curved horizon?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 23:54 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
I would love to see a straight line drawn on the surface of a sphere :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 00:52 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
I think you are suggesting horizontal means equal distance to the centre of the sphere in which case horizontal means curved as there's a claimed total of 6300 kilometres of total curvature.
Think again:
I am suggesting that the word "horizontal" can mean slightly different things.
  • On or along the horizon - i.e. on or along the perceived line dividing earth and sky.
  • A straight, level line from side to side.
The situation where a word has several meanings is not exactly unheard of. When the two meanings are so similar, it is perhaps harder to distinguish between them. If you only accept one meaning, we will have to disagree anyway.
mac33 wrote:
When i meant when i go sailing was I can see the horizon from the beach as always being dead level or horizontal between any two points that i look at.
This is correctly observed, and as it should be, according to simple geometry. I do not contest your observation done at sea level. Not the least bit. The horizon is not a physical border as such, but a perceived line dividing earth and sky. To our perception and for all practical uses, that line will be dead straight when you are observing from the beach or from a vessel at sea.

mac33 wrote:
Are you suggesting i suspend my observations to trust images showing a curved horizon?
Quite the opposite. If that is what you think, you are forgetful at best, and at worst you are intentionally tweaking my words in good demagoguery tradition.

This was, and is, my suggestion to you:
keme wrote:
You don't accept anything anyone else says. Only your own senses. So use your own senses. Don't believe that video. Repeat the experiment with your own implements.
After repeatedly emphasizing (with unsolicited peer support) that the experiment requires observation from an elevated point, I see that you still believe the experiment is best performed at sea level (beach, sailboat, whatever...).
With that, you choose not to see. That is your choice.
You also attempt to mislead others towards not seeing. That is not only for you to decide, and that is the main reason why I am still around this thread.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 01:14 
Super User

Once every few months i drive up a hill that peaks at 980 feet.

I have an uninterrupted view from my friends house out to sea which is perhaps 50-100 feet from the top of the hill. When I looked as far to the left and right as I could see,the distance between the two points I'm guessing was around 50-70 kilometres.

It looked flat as when I looked at beach height level but I'll do the straight edge experiment again.

It goes without saying to me anyway that if the earth were a sphere you would still see a curve at eye height also.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 961 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 65  Next