OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2019, 02:05 

Blade: Stiga Offensive Classic
FH: Tibhar Aurus Prime
BH: Tibhar Genius+ Optimum
See as it is your first bat you should go for something that has more control as higher spin and speed cab be generated physically I'd suggest use Stiga All Round Classic for the blade or go for allround blades and for the rubber in Forehand you can look for tibhar aurus (the plain version not others) and for backhand you can go for tibhar genius sound on the backhand both with max thickness for forehand take a black rubber and for backhand choose red (don't ask me why I may not be able to explain it properly so just go with it) the above setup should be good enough for a first bat and seriously speaking mark V with an all round bat will be a bit slow and you'll have to increase your budget if you want options for forehand you can either go for yasaka rakza 7, tibhar rasant, Rasanter 47, for backhand options can be bluefire m2. Try to increase your budget and go for a good assembly it'll be worth it take and customisation from the one's I meantioned and you'll be good to go if it seems a bit tough.

Sent from my COL-AL10 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2019, 02:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

For a first bat Tensoroids are overkill. Heck, Sriver is overkill. Anything over $5 a sheet is overkill. If he's a beginner it will be a LONG time before he outgrows, say, 729, or Yinhe 9000. And no need for a Stiga Allround Classic - a Sanwei M8 is just as good (I'd actually argue it's better).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2019, 08:59 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
iskandar taib wrote:
For a first bat Tensoroids are overkill. Heck, Sriver is overkill. Anything over $5 a sheet is overkill. If he's a beginner it will be a LONG time before he outgrows, say, 729, or Yinhe 9000. And no need for a Stiga Allround Classic - a Sanwei M8 is just as good (I'd actually argue it's better).

Iskandar

Hi,

Just wondering if you could elaborate on which aspects M8 is better than SAC?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 02:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Alas wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

The M8 is, in general, lighter (since there's a range in weights it'd be possible you'd get an unusually light Stiga Allround Classic or an unusually heavy M8 but you know what I mean) and, I think, has more feel and control. I do own one Stiga Allround Classic (and a substantial number of M8s).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 07:24 

iskandar taib wrote:
Alas wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

The M8 is, in general, lighter (since there's a range in weights it'd be possible you'd get an unusually light Stiga Allround Classic or an unusually heavy M8 but you know what I mean) and, I think, has more feel and control. I do own one Stiga Allround Classic (and a substantial number of M8s).

Iskandar

Is the basis purely on weight?
I actually prefer heavier blades than lighter. In my opinion, using a heavier blade earlier in development can help one develop quick in a sense of using proper body mechanics and also recognizing stroke efficiency.

How do the blades compare speed, spin, feel/control wise to your game?

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 10:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

No, but I'm allergic to blades over, say, 83g myself. For my game, as I said, I feel I have more control over the ball. Not much difference in speed or spin. The Stiga has sat in a bag for a couple years now, and I play exclusively with the M8.

When you consider what these things cost, why not just buy one and see? :lol: I think the head size is the same as the Stiga, just put a couple of old sheets on it and compare.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 12:40 

Oh, I wouldn’t do that for myself. I’m addicted to my Nittaku Acoustic. I’m simply reading up on something for a friend who is starting up. I can only instill things I know which is why I shed light in my game.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2019, 17:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Just buy him one then... :lol: The only real drawback is the three week wait for it to arrive.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!