OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2019, 23:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ziv wrote:
igorponger wrote:
Just a few specific colors would be allowed for professional play.
ITTF will determine the best optimal colours after 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Be happy/
Attachment:
Фото-0079.jpg

JFYI: The picture that Igor posted comes from a USSR book on table tennis competition rules printed in 1975 and has nothing to do with the latest change in rules. :)
https://sheba.spb.ru/za/pingpong-pravila-1975.htm

It is a rear page Table Tennis Rules 1971. That time I was a puppy 15 yo. and young tt umpire. Oh, would I were a bonny again. Alas, we all shall pass away soon. ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2019, 01:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

So the colors won't be available for non-professional play? :lol: Conclusion: It did pass, and we'll be seeing colors other than red and black in the future.

Before the two color rule (don't remember the year it passed - early 1980s or very late 1970s IIRC) there were NO rules whatsoever about the color of the racket - you could use any color you wanted. Any shade of purple, green, blue, gold (aforementioned Yasaka Tornado had a really beautiful, honey colored transparent topsheet) - and you found all sorts of colors on the cheap bats you found in Chinese bookstores. For expensive rubbers, it was mostly red, with a few green and blue sheets here and there (I've heard that Mark V was sometimes available in green). The first Chinese sheets to appear in the US (729) were this weird, plum-purple color. Black sheets (at least in the early sponge age) were really rare - Butterfly Tackiness was one of the first I remember, there was also something called Yasaka Black Power (this had a really awful blurb on the back), and I think they started to appear because long pips players wanted two sheets of black, so it would be less obvious which sheet was in play. You could have more shades of red than of black, apparently.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019, 12:04 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Nay.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2019, 18:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
Nay.

I wonder if the pink rubber matches her underwear :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2019, 15:07 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Recently at the club I played against an opponent with both black rubbers and one was a LP with thin-sponge and the other a pips-in normal rubber.

It is absolutely confusing when the colours are not easily distinguishable. I requested that only for the serve the player show me the rubber used, otherwise not to tell me.

Fun fact, the brain doesn't really note the sound of the ball on the PO-rubber and only the change in trajectory alerts you at the last moment of the difference in effect...

Very hard to determine which rubber is in play since this was the reason for the 2-colour red-black rubber rules.

The new ITTF rules for multi-colour rubbers defeats the point of having rules ... why do they even bother ? Just make hidden body serves and the rest also valid.... take TT back to the stone-age ....

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2019, 03:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

man_iii wrote:
Recently at the club I played against an opponent with both black rubbers and one was a LP with thin-sponge and the other a pips-in normal rubber.

It is absolutely confusing when the colours are not easily distinguishable. I requested that only for the serve the player show me the rubber used, otherwise not to tell me.

Fun fact, the brain doesn't really note the sound of the ball on the PO-rubber and only the change in trajectory alerts you at the last moment of the difference in effect...

Very hard to determine which rubber is in play since this was the reason for the 2-colour red-black rubber rules.

The new ITTF rules for multi-colour rubbers defeats the point of having rules ... why do they even bother ? Just make hidden body serves and the rest also valid.... take TT back to the stone-age ....

True about before the two color rule. You could use the same color rubber on both sides, and even at the International level you had people using long pips or anti with regular inverted on the other side, and they'd twiddle and serve. People would even stamp hard on the floor to disguise the sound. That was a total disaster, for example:

Absolutely untrue about the new rules. The new color rules mandate 1) Black on one side and 2) an approved color (which would be clearly distinguishable from black) on the other side.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2019, 03:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mynamenotbob wrote:
Nay.

Why so? Better than black on both sides, I'd think..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2019, 02:31 

Blade: Joola Carbon Pro
FH: LKT Rapid Speed 1.8
BH: Tibhar Grass D'tecs - OX
wilkinru wrote:
Color blind people need lots of consideration here too.

I think it's basically pointless but if they want to add a couple of colors and keep black on 1 side, that's ok.

Agreed, colorblind people need protection here. Though I'd love a green/red combination with one side pips and the other inverted just to drive a certain colorblind clubmember nuts. Although I'd notice it by the sound alone myself.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 10:50 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

No reason not to make up a red/green bat anyhow - using it in a tournament would be another matter, of course. You can already get colored rubbers:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33036579978.html

Think of all the weird combinations you can make. Pink and orange? It's fun to freak out the folks at the club. Warning, though - these sheets are non-tacky. I've played with non-tacky sheets before but I had to learn to hit the ball more perpendicularly with these. It does have a decent amount of speed and spin.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 13:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Quote:
"Bright red" (Law 2.4.6) is defined on the Munsell system by three co-ordinates:

Hue: 4.0 - 6.5 R
Value: min. 3.1
Chroma: min. 7.5

Colours for red top sheets are measured on a white background, as complete racket coverings, i.e.
with all colours of sponges the racket covering will be sold with. Red top sheets alone will be measured
only upon the supplier’s request; ref. Konica no.1864-721 (CM-A101W).
All new colorations have to go throught severe trials in the ITTF test lab. Many severe trials.
With the red colored rubbers, 20% would not pass and were denied of approval.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 14:27 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Many men have colour blindness. I wonder if this is a disadvantage in playing TT.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 15:24 

iskandar taib wrote:
No reason not to make up a red/green bat anyhow - using it in a tournament would be another matter, of course.
Iskandar

This is exactly the reason why I have to wait. I want that combination to tick someone off but he won't play me like that willingly. I'll have to force the match with legal sheets during club championships. :angel:

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 18:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

shaolinTT wrote:
Many men have colour blindness. I wonder if this is a disadvantage in playing TT.

It would be if his (or her) opponent is using an orange and pink racket.. :lol:

Carpe Noctem wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
No reason not to make up a red/green bat anyhow - using it in a tournament would be another matter, of course.
Iskandar

This is exactly the reason why I have to wait. I want that combination to tick someone off but he won't play me like that willingly. I'll have to force the match with legal sheets during club championships. :angel:

Are your clubmates so uptight that they won't play against you if you use a green and blue bat even if it's for fun? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 02:49 

iskandar taib wrote:
shaolinTT wrote:

It would be if his (or her) opponent is using an orange and pink racket.. :lol:

Carpe Noctem wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Iskandar

Are your clubmates so uptight that they won't play against you if you use a green and blue bat even if it's for fun? :lol:

Iskandar

For this certain victum red/green will mean the same color, so yeah that would be a problem. The rest of the clubmembers wouldn't care but aren't color blind ;)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2019, 03:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Carpe Noctem wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

For this certain victum red/green will mean the same color, so yeah that would be a problem. The rest of the clubmembers wouldn't care but aren't color blind ;)

Ah...

Waiting until they're "legal" won't work, though, since one sheet will have to be black.. :lol: Incidentally, a lot of red/green colorblind people can actually tell red and green apart a lot of the time (they come out as different shades of grey). I had a friend who was colorblind but never realized it until he came across one of those colorblind tests with the numbers in the circles. This was at some point in high school.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next