OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 09 May 2024, 05:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 04:57 

Blade: Butterfly Grubba C All+
FH: Spinlord Marder II 2.0mm
BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist ox
Hello mates!

I would like to have an opinion from you guys about a good chopping rubber to play on forehand.

Assuming that I have the following blades:
Dr neubauer matador
Butterfly grubba carbon all+
Tibhar cos3

And am going to play with long pips on backhand
Spinlord zeitgeist ox
Yinhe qing 0.5mm

I have some rubbers that should do the trick, like xiom yanus df or spinlord marder II, but maybe the thickness is not the right one to do more chop instead of attack: 2.0mm

What do you guys like the most to a more chopping style on forehand? Thanks in advance.

Have a nice saturday!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 11:50 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Joo chops with Tenergy… :lol:

You should look into Reflectoid, especially if you're in the US. Only USD14.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 13:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
A lot depends on how much attack you want to do on forehand. If you attack a lot, the rubber needs to be fast enough. My personal favourite is Victas 401, choose 1.5mm for just chopping, or thicker if you attack as well. Tibhar MX-P and MX-S also come with 1.5mm sponge now, so should work well too.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 15:37 

Joola Golden Tango PS 2.0.

This combines a Chinese style topsheet with a medium tensor type sponge.

My modern defender student Jayden (http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30146&start=15) switched to this a few months ago and it is working awesome. His pushes and forehand spin are 10-20% spinnier. This made his heavy spin opening and sidespin loop away from the table really troublesome for his opponents. Recently at nationals he won SO many points by players putting his heavy push into the net.

Super spinny rubber that is fast enough for attacks but the does not "boing"on pushes, so you can push very heavy while keeping the ball low.

Don't choose this rubber if you are a slapper. It does not work well for this . You need to spin the ball to make it work consistently.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 16:45 

iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Lol so true! I'm always thinking that the problem is not the racket it's the player :D
I don't find that rubber here in europe to buy. Is it gambler the brand? In the new season I will start train more chopping and placing the ball so a possible choice is a thinnier rubber. Will take a look at this one.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 16:51 

haggisv wrote:
A lot depends on how much attack you want to do on forehand. If you attack a lot, the rubber needs to be fast enough. My personal favourite is Victas 401, choose 1.5mm for just chopping, or thicker if you attack as well. Tibhar MX-P and MX-S also come with 1.5mm sponge now, so should work well too.

Hello. Yes probably my problem is in the thickness. I changed my game about 2 years ago, started with anti, and now I'm with long pips.

But always was afraid of buy a thinnier rubber. For a more focused play in chop, block and occasional but smart attack I think I should have to give a try to 1.5mm rubbers.

I like to top spin and attack, bt that was 20 years ago lol. Need to train patience too and change my pace. Playing and enjoy it is the spirit.

Thank you!

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 17:00 

alphapong wrote:
Joola Golden Tango PS 2.0.

This combines a Chinese style topsheet with a medium tensor type sponge.

My modern defender student Jayden (http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30146&start=15) switched to this a few months ago and it is working awesome. His pushes and forehand spin are 10-20% spinnier. This made his heavy spin opening and sidespin loop away from the table really troublesome for his opponents. Recently at nationals he won SO many points by players putting his heavy push into the net.

Super spinny rubber that is fast enough for attacks but the does not "boing"on pushes, so you can push very heavy while keeping the ball low.

Don't choose this rubber if you are a slapper. It does not work well for this . You need to spin the ball to make it work consistently.

Wow your student is at a very good level. Congratlulations! It's an options to consider. I'm trying to play a safer game instead of attack more, but I will put your advice on my list.

Thanks for your opinion.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 18:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

sr1981 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Lol so true! I'm always thinking that the problem is not the racket it's the player :D
I don't find that rubber here in europe to buy. Is it gambler the brand? In the new season I will start train more chopping and placing the ball so a possible choice is a thinnier rubber. Will take a look at this one.

Thanks in advance!

Yup.. Gambler.

https://www.gamblertt.com/rubber-pips-i ... p-170.html

Apparently shipping is $24 for any size order, so maybe you should get some club mates together and order a few sheets of this and that and share the shipping. Most of their sheets are $14, and some of the newer ones (Zero, Mek-Tek Predator, etc.) seem interesting. Reflectoid seems very different from anything else, though, and if you're looking at chopping it's worth figuring out whether it's of use. I also like the way they sell pips - they have one short, one medium and one long pips.. plus a "classic" pips.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 22:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
I have found tacky chinese rubbers to be great at chopping. The thinner the sponge the better. Almost any will do. 729 super FX-C (for control) is 10 US dollars in the USA. I suspect you can get it in Europe as well. I see tabletennis11 has friendship FX blue sponge in 1.0 thickness for 10.87 euros and OOAK shop has the same for 15 dollars Australian.

I tried reflectoid and it is popular with people in my area, but I really never liked it. Very hard to attack with and the control to me was not any better.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2019, 19:09 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I chop on my FH with Tenergy 05 1.7 - it's super.

Other fh rubber I've liked very much for chopping is TSP Triple Spin Chop.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019, 04:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
LordCope wrote:
I chop on my FH with Tenergy 05 1.7 - it's super.

Other fh rubber I've liked very much for chopping is TSP Triple Spin Chop.

I want to add that many rubbers that are hard to chop with in max sponge may be very good with 1.7 or thinner sponges...and yet can attack well.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019, 05:53 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I've been using the Nittaku Fastarc G-1 in 1.4mm for chopping on the forehand. Generates a lot of spin, but the throw isn't very high, so that's good.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2019, 07:31 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
sr1981 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Thanks in advance!

https://ttdd.eu/gambler-reflectoid.html

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2019, 17:10 

iskandar taib wrote:
sr1981 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Thanks in advance!

Yup.. Gambler.

https://www.gamblertt.com/rubber-pips-i ... p-170.html

Apparently shipping is $24 for any size order, so maybe you should get some club mates together and order a few sheets of this and that and share the shipping. Most of their sheets are $14, and some of the newer ones (Zero, Mek-Tek Predator, etc.) seem interesting. Reflectoid seems very different from anything else, though, and if you're looking at chopping it's worth figuring out whether it's of use. I also like the way they sell pips - they have one short, one medium and one long pips.. plus a "classic" pips.

Iskandar

I found a german site https://ttdd.eu/ that is selling gambler for 13€. They sell spinlord as a main brand and other chinese brands. While looking for Zeitgeist I took a look at gambler and voilá!
Shipment 6.5€.

Will try this combo:
- Gambler Reflectoid 1.5mm
- Spinlord zeitgeist 1.0mm
- Tibhar COS3

Let's see if I can learn something new :-D

If it's too slow still have the dr neubauer which is faster but still sontrollable.

Thanks for the advice mate! Cheers

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2019, 17:20 

vanjr wrote:
I have found tacky chinese rubbers to be great at chopping. The thinner the sponge the better. Almost any will do. 729 super FX-C (for control) is 10 US dollars in the USA. I suspect you can get it in Europe as well. I see tabletennis11 has friendship FX blue sponge in 1.0 thickness for 10.87 euros and OOAK shop has the same for 15 dollars Australian.

I tried reflectoid and it is popular with people in my area, but I really never liked it. Very hard to attack with and the control to me was not any better.

Hello mate.

I have one of these super FX blue sponge and a hurricane neo 3 but they are 2.0mm.
Never bought thinnier rubbers but this time I will do that, buy a thinnier sponge and see if I can do any better with it.

Thanks for the opinion mate. Have a nice day.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!