OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 23:09 

Blade: Tibhar Techno Power
FH: Joola Rhyzer 43
BH: Gambler Reflectoid
Hello everyone,

I'd very much appreciate your thoughts and any words of advice you might have for me please regarding my new set-up. I'm a decent standard player but mostly playing for fun these days as time and age limits me now. My style is predominantly forehand attack and backhand defence and I've been playing with Xiom Vega Europe DF rubber on both sides which has served me well until I got a split on one side recently. I decided to replace my old blade for a new one a get new rubbers too and have decided on this set-up which I haven't used yet. What are your thoughts please?

Blade - Tibhar Techno Power Contact
FH - Joola Rhyzer 43 Max
BH - Gambler Reflectoid 1.5mm

I chose this set up because I thought it would suit my style, strong, powerful attacking forehand, defensive, choppy backhand. I'd very much appreciate any words of wisdom and advice about how you think this set-up will play and suit my style. Cheers!

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 01:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I know nothing about the blade or the forehand rubber but I can tell you Reflectoid's just been discontinued and is going to be removed from the LARC. Not that it matters, unless you are playing in sanctioned competitions. I've heard it's an excellent rubber for defense.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 01:30 

iskandar taib wrote:
I can tell you Reflectoid's just been discontinued and is going to be removed from the LARC. Not that it matters, unless you are playing in sanctioned competitions. I've heard it's an excellent rubber for defense.

Iskandar

Thanks, no, not applicable to me.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 02:05 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I don't think you'll get much feedback on the blade, as it is not commonly used (AFAIK) by people on the forum. I have used the Xiom Vega Europe DF, and it is very, very soft. I suspect that you will find the Joola feels quite different, which combined with the new blade, might be too much at once. But for fun, just get out there and enjoy.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 03:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Out of curiosity.. what sort of defense on the backhand? Pushing at the table? Blocking at the table? Lobbing from far back? Chopping from far back? These would all have different requirements, more or less. And what sort of attack? Can you loop? Can you loop against backspin? Can your opponents loop against backspin? Can you chop against topspin? Can you chop on the forehand as well as the backhand?

I think I can save you some money.. :lol: Buy this blade:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32768953294.html

It's a few cents more than it was this morning, but the price is right. It's also fast enough for a good attack and slow enough for chopping (even with max inverted, though it'd be easier with thinner sponge or long pips). While you're there have a look around the website, to see what's available.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 09:18 

Iskander, thanks but I'm not going to go out and buy a new blade and rubbers when I've just bought an entirely new set-up...which I haven't tried yet. I'm not very rich!

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 10:42 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oh.. you actually bought it already! :lol: In that case, well, you can tell US how it plays! :lol:

You don't have to be rich to buy one of those blades I linked to.. have a look.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 13:33 

Blade: 729 1060 all raquet
FH: 729
BH: 729
VERY GOOD BLADE CAN USE FAST FOREHAND RUBBER AND DEFENCE RUBBER BACKHAND / THERE IS OLD 4 PLY BLADES AND NEW 5 PLY BLADE