OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 22:24 

Blade: Joola Aruna OFF
FH: Hurricane 2 NEO (2.15)
BH: Rhyzm-P (2.0)
Hello everyone, I've been playing with a Rhyzm P
on my backhand for quite awhile now and I feel like it's a bit too fast for me. I would like a rubber that's a touch slower and a tad bit more controllable than my current rubber. Any recommendations?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2019, 22:45 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
ammas wrote:
Hello everyone, I've been playing with a Rhyzm P
on my backhand for quite awhile now and I feel like it's a bit too fast for me. I would like a rubber that's a touch slower and a tad bit more controllable than my current rubber. Any recommendations?

What makes you think the rubber is too fast? What is happening? What makes you think it is a function of the rubber? What's your level? What else have you tried? What is on your FH? What happens if you use the FH side on your BH (and the BH side on your FH?)

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 00:50 

Blade: Joola Aruna OFF
FH: Hurricane 2 NEO (2.15)
BH: Rhyzm-P (2.0)
Sometimes I feel like catapult effect of the rubber is a bit too much for my backhand. Balls would sometimes go off too long of the table. When I use it on my forehand it feels better as I'm more of a forehand dominant player. It's more stable on my forehand I would say. I'm looking for a rubber that's not as catapulty.

Edit: Not from the US but I would say my skill level is similar to someone that is USATT ~1500 rating

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 01:05 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
OK makes sense. Depending on what you want to achieve, you could go for a less "tensioned" rubber - eg Joola Mambo, to keep it in the family. Or you could switch to a Chinese rubber - any of the 729 family would be good, or a Hurricane/Skyline.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 02:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'm of the opinion that thinner sponge isn't something that needs to be recommended for mainstream play in this age of the 40+ ball, but maybe this is one of those cases? Maybe go down to 2.0mm or 1.7? Chinese is cheaper though, and well worth a try. I don't know what the Joola Aruna blade is like, either, but that might actually be the problem. It might be too fast. I notice your forehand rubber is H2, which I assume would be unboosted, and quite slow. Have you tried flipping the racket around to see how the H2 plays on the backhand? Would this make the forehand too fast? Maybe a slower blade with something faster than H2 on the forehand and the Rhyzm on the backhand would work better? To be honest, I'm very insensitive to rubber (I can play equally well with a lot of different sheets - in fact I have trouble telling them apart sometimes, though I think H3 and 999 are a little too slow) but find the difference between blades dramatic at times.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2019, 15:44 

"a touch slower and a tad bit more controllable"

"catapult effect of the rubber is a bit too much "

If you want similar hardness and feel, but slightly less catapult, Maxxx 450. This is the previous generation and had slightly less catapult.

If you can handle a little harder, then go with Maxxx 500. Since it is harder, it will have even less "catapult".

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!