OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: New racket suggestions
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2020, 08:48 

Blade: TIBHAR Samsonov P.C.
FH: DONIC Baracuda
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft
Hello everyone, I created this thread hoping I could get some help in choosing a new racket setup. I've been part of a TT club for almost 4 years but then dropped out and haven't played at all for close to 8 years, until this week. After taking part in some trials of a new TT club I knew I couldn't rely that much on my old racket.
Since I kinda disconnected for the TT world for the past 8 years, can I get some recommendations for a new setup? My old racket has a TIBHAR Samsonov Premium Contact blade with a DONIC Baracuda (red) FH rubber and Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft (black) BH rubber. These were bought back in 2011.
For my skills I would say I am a somewhat intermediate player leaning towards advanced and my play style could be categorized as balanced and leaning more towards offense. Regarding the prices, I would like it somewhat in the middle, not the cheapest but not the most expensive either.

I hope these indications can help you get an idea of what I am looking for. I will try to answer questions, if any, as soon as possible.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2020, 19:18 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
Hello and welcome,

In my opinion you should stick with the same blade and rubbers that you used and you already know. You can rely on your racket, the 8 years of absent is the one to blame. So glue a fresh pair of the rubbers you already know (if you haven't already done that), Barracuda and Rakza7 Soft and you are ready. Rakza7 & Rakza7 Soft are still very very popular, and I know a lot of people still using Barracuda.

BTW visit viewtopic.php?f=2&t=431&start=2370 and introduce yourself.

You will have plenty of opportunities to try clubmate's equipment and compare.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2020, 19:50 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
+1

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2020, 22:04 

Blade: TIBHAR Samsonov P.C.
FH: DONIC Baracuda
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft
tzifos wrote:
Hello and welcome,

In my opinion you should stick with the same blade and rubbers that you used and you already know. You can rely on your racket, the 8 years of absent is the one to blame. So glue a fresh pair of the rubbers you already know (if you haven't already done that), Barracuda and Rakza7 Soft and you are ready. Rakza7 & Rakza7 Soft are still very very popular, and I know a lot of people still using Barracuda.

BTW visit viewtopic.php?f=2&t=431&start=2370 and introduce yourself.

You will have plenty of opportunities to try clubmate's equipment and compare.

Yeah, thanks for the advice. After some consideration, I realized keeping the blade would be ok, it was just the rubbers that were barely able to produce any spin anymore. FH was still acceptable since you can put a bit more force into the shots, but BH was barely gripping anything.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2020, 10:13 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Baracuda is an excellent choice! Give us a review or feedback how are you playing now.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2020, 19:00 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
alesh10 wrote:
Yeah, thanks for the advice. After some consideration, I realized keeping the blade would be ok, it was just the rubbers that were barely able to produce any spin anymore. FH was still acceptable since you can put a bit more force into the shots, but BH was barely gripping anything.
Are these 8-9 years rubbers?? :o

If so then sure they need replacement.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2020, 20:01 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Things haven't changed much in those years despite the best marketing.

I'd say just buy new rubbers of the same type then decide in 12 months if you need to change.