OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021, 05:17 

Blade: MoonBeam
FH: flarestrom
BH: impartial
I am just curious as to in which countries (long) pips players suffer the most persecution & harassment. I would tend to think countries like USA, Germany, France, Sweden, Vietnam,New Zealand, Nigeria, India, Japan etc may be at the top of the list (most persecution) & countries like Korea, China & countries in South America may be at the bottom of the list (least persecution) . Of course this is based on talking with players from different countries, their behavior at casual play to tournaments & somewhat based on various internet forums.

What do you think ?? What about in your country ?

Last edited by speedglueisgodsgift on 07 Jul 2021, 05:44, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021, 05:31 

Blade: Defplay Senso
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Stiga Vertical 20 0.5mm
From what I've found anecdotally, pip prosecution is mostly related to the level of player in question. Most of the players I've encountered who cry foul at the sight of pips are usually lower level, whereas higher level players tend to be more nonchalant towards them. Even the higher level players who don't really have any experience against pips seem to be okay with playing against them, as either A) they're enjoying getting practice agains them, or B) understand that pips are a legitimate style & have as many downsides as upsides.

Ahh I should note that when I say lower/higher level, I'm mostly referring to sub 1100 versus 1700+ (VERY ballpark estimates)! And of course there are exceptions to the rule! It just tends to trend in that direction

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2021, 23:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
I wouldn't call it harassment or persecution...that devalues those who have real problems. I think there is a general reluctance to play pippers in every club I go to because it is difficult to do so. I am in the US and have not traveled much tho.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2021, 00:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Any pip player that makes a(n) (good) attacker think too much is going to be hated...... In any country :lol: