OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2022, 15:16 

Blade: Nexy JSH
FH: MX-S max
BH: Ilius S 1.3
Thanks to the sharing by Japsican, I was encouraged and tried exact same setting recently. Acid green GDT is totally toxic and it grabbed everybody's attention once I took it out lol

Previously using P3ar in backhand, it achieves good balance for modern defense style with great control & stability, especially short game control. I was hoping that GDT will provide better margin in close-to table flat hit & counterattack against topspin than P3ar (which is already good for me). Pimple lifetime is another issue since P3ar pimple usually breaks after 2-3 months of playing, and GDT seems to last longer.

Chopping: very bouncy, it flies out of table 8/10 times when I apply full-stroke chop therefore I have to keep low trajectory all the time. Feels better when using short stroke or when I was able to apply soft touching. Return ball is fast & flat, creates much trouble with deep landing. Spin reversal is good but mostly rely on incoming spin, adding spin actively is difficult than P3ar or P1r.

Short game: insensitive to incoming spin. You can push the ball using the pimple tip and returns flat & fast but long, opponents were all surprised by the fast speed it comes out with merely such soft push. Chop is however very difficult to maintain low as the sponge tries to throw the ball out. Techniques using side of pimple (lifting backspin ball, horizontal shaving as CWX or Ojio Haruna) is difficult as outcome are unpredicted.

Smash & top spin counterattack: easier when you touch the ball using pimple tip or you bent the pimple all the way. Anywhere in between gives you unpredicted result. The power explodes when I try to apply full stroke, and the control was lost. With P3ar I can add power to smash with safe & confidence.

Conclusion: after 2 days of struggling I switched back to P3ar as I felt hard to master GTD's behavior and P3ar is more linear for me. I assume GDT suits with active player who seizes the momentum from 2nd ball straight away, mess up their opponents with disturbing spin/tempo and grab the chance to attack. For classic chopping game it's hard to create comfortable rhythm for you to step back and enter the chopping sequence since GDT is fast. P3ar's short game gives me safer control to suppress opponent's 3rd ball attack so I can mess them up with spin manipulation during chopping sequence.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2022, 19:37 

Blade: Nexy JSH
FH: MX-S max
BH: Ilius S 1.3
[Photobucket][/Photobucket]
Frank Liu wrote:
Thanks to the sharing by Japsican, I was encouraged and tried exact same setting recently. Acid green GDT is totally toxic and it grabbed everybody's attention once I took it out lol
Previously using P3ar in backhand, it achieves good balance for modern defense style with great control & stability, especially short game control. I was hoping that GDT will provide better margin in close-to table flat hit & counterattack against topspin than P3ar (which is already good for me). Pimple lifetime is another issue since P3ar pimple usually breaks after 2-3 months of playing, and GDT seems to last longer.

Chopping: very bouncy, it flies out of table 8/10 times when I apply full-stroke chop therefore I have to keep low trajectory all the time. Feels better when using short stroke or when I was able to apply soft touching. Return ball is fast & flat, creates much trouble with deep landing. Spin reversal is good but mostly rely on incoming spin, adding spin actively is difficult than P3ar or P1r.

Short game: insensitive to incoming spin. You can push the ball using the pimple tip and returns flat & fast but long, opponents were all surprised by the fast speed it comes out with merely such soft push. Chop is however very difficult to maintain low as the sponge tries to throw the ball out. Techniques using side of pimple (lifting backspin ball, horizontal shaving as CWX or Ojio Haruna) is difficult as outcome are unpredicted.

Smash & top spin counterattack: easier when you touch the ball using pimple tip or you bent the pimple all the way. Anywhere in between gives you unpredicted result. The power explodes when I try to apply full stroke, and the control was lost. With P3ar I can add power to smash with safe & confidence.

Conclusion: after 2 days of struggling I switched back to P3ar as I felt hard to master GTD's behavior and P3ar is more linear for me. I assume GDT suits with active player who seizes the momentum from 2nd ball straight away, mess up their opponents with disturbing spin/tempo and grab the chance to attack. For classic chopping game it's hard to create comfortable rhythm for you to step back and enter the chopping sequence since GDT is fast. P3ar's short game gives me safer control to suppress opponent's 3rd ball attack so I can mess them up with spin manipulation during chopping sequence.

have given GDT another try since I broke at least 20 pimples of P3ar within 2 weeks... To soften the bouncing feeling I got last time, I applied 4 layers of glue (last time was 2) and it works :up: - soft feeling, better damping and much longer dwell time. Suprising result.
- Chopping: adequate response and control. Spin reversal is heavy and prompt. Trajectory can be unpredictable sometimes if you do/don't activate the ponge.
- Inverted-style push inside the table: easier to use with more cut-in margin against no-spin balls.
- Push: the effect of increasing dwell time is not obvious. Remarkable speed still there. This is truely a silent assassin killershot against no spin serves.

Still struggling with smash - can't find the right amount of power to apply. With P1r or P3ar, no matter how hard you hit it, the stiff yellow sponge provides the control you need, so you get more and more engaged with the momentum you dashing back from backyard. If same power applied on GDT the ball will normally fly to outer space. Seems like it can only work with precise ball height and racket angle.... any tips?

Attachments:
dd.jpg
dd.jpg [ 45.28 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2022, 14:08 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
To help consistency and power with your BH on LP strikes...

- Step to the ball (step to the strike zone)

- get elbow in front of you

- use lower arm to whip through ball and a little wrist at end - firm grip at impact

- do not move upper arm during stroke - that will take away your timing, efficiency, and consistency

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2022, 14:09 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Oh, big part, OPEN that blade big time.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter