OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 09 May 2024, 07:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2021, 15:42 

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
FH: Palio Ak47 red
BH: Palio Ak47 yellow
I recently got a Tibhar Stratus Powerwood (TSPW) an all wood blade because i want to try how it feels, coming from using DHS power pg g5. I use Rakza 7 on Fh and Rakza 7 soft on my Bh. Just wondering, what kind of rubbers suit the TSPW? I personally like non to little tackiness and not too heavy because i have a injured wrist that has been around for years.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2021, 17:09 
Super User

antonchua04 wrote:
I recently got a Tibhar Stratus Powerwood (TSPW) an all wood blade because i want to try how it feels, coming from using DHS power pg g5. I use Rakza 7 on Fh and Rakza 7 soft on my Bh. Just wondering, what kind of rubbers suit the TSPW? I personally like non to little tackiness and not too heavy because i have a injured wrist that has been around for years.

Both, blade and rubbers, by themselves are pretty good... However, you have not mentioned anything at all, about your game. So, I guesstimate that since these rubbers have worked for you in the past, they should be fine, even on the new blade.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2021, 17:15 

ootbs wrote:
antonchua04 wrote:

Both, blade and rubbers, by themselves are pretty good... However, you have not mentioned anything at all, about your game. So, I guesstimate that since these rubbers have worked for you in the past, they should be fine, even on the new blade.

i actually only play at home and would like to improve at the same time. the space here is pretty tight and no more than 2meters away from the table. so im wondering if a hard rubber will benefit me that much. i like to block, although not very good with it. i also topsin/loop whenever given the chance.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2021, 18:19 
Super User

antonchua04 wrote:
ootbs wrote:
antonchua04 wrote:

i actually only play at home and would like to improve at the same time. the space here is pretty tight and no more than 2meters away from the table. so im wondering if a hard rubber will benefit me that much. i like to block, although not very good with it. i also topsin/loop whenever given the chance.

Unless you're completely dissatisfied with the rubbers you're already playing with, I suggest you stick with them.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2021, 20:16 

Im looking for maybe a lighter set of rubbers? what do you think of palio ak47?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2021, 00:17 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
antonchua04 wrote:
Im looking for maybe a lighter set of rubbers? what do you think of palio ak47?

From comments dotted around the internet, it seems there's about 3g difference between AK47 and Rakza 7, in an uncut sheet. Less, of course, given you're cutting a third of the sheet away. So maybe you save yourself 4g overall - so maybe about 2% of the whole setup's weight.

If you think that will make a massive difference to your body and your game, maybe try it. The rubbers are cheap, and well-regarded.

Personally I'm skeptical you'd notice the difference.