OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2013, 13:06 

I recently got a bottle just out of curiosity.

I will post a few things about it. Maybe even a full review if people are interested ??

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2013, 18:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Always! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2013, 03:43 

Initial Impressions:

-the glue I got is green!! They added some pigment to it just because I guess. I'll talk more about this later.
-easy screw off cap-squirt bottle
-is about the consistency of free chack or dianchi water based glue (note I have medium viscosity type)

Application:
-Though the glue is not very runny. It does seem to go on quite thin for some reason. I tried with different sponges and applicators but it still seems to be thinner than I expected. So use a little more than usual.
-If you are doing multiple layers it needs time to dry.
2 notes about drying:
1. Slow drying. They recommend leaving it for around 20 minutes, and it really did seem to need most of that time.
2. Green pigment makes it hard for me to determine when it's dry. It is green when wet, and maybe slightly less green when dry. There is no white to transparent indicator here. I even made the rookie mistake of touching and ruining a nice even layer I made because I assumed it was dry.

Removal:
Thick layers will peel right off! If you are familiar with factory tuned rubbers sometimes when you reglue later and end up removing the initial factory glueing it's so easy to peel right off (is that rubber cement they're using??) but to me peeling this feels just like that.

Thin layers will roll right off but won't peel.

Pros:
-easy to remove
-lots of time to get even layer

Cons:
-slow drying
-pigment makes it hard to see when dry
both of these potentially solved with hair dryer

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2013, 10:36 

I'll also post pictures next time I glue up so you can see what I mean

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2013, 10:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Wow a green glue... might work well on the Rasant with the green sponge. ;)

The good thing about a slow drying glue is that you have more time to spread it evenly... this is a probably with some of the water based glues currently on the market.

Yes some pictures would be great. :up:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2013, 15:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Have you had any more time using this glue loopkill? Did you notice any difference in performance?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 09:41 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
haggisv wrote:
Did you notice any difference in performance?

I got the glue this week and starting using it on both new & old sheets.
On a re-glued T05 it definitely improved the performance by a small margin - put a figure of maybe 5%.
My glue was the standard white in the middle thickness - there are 3 different viscosities.
Most of the sheets went on well.
I did experience a bubble on one new sheet and used a clamp to 'iron' it out and the bubble when away.
Another sheet that was quite doomed from the glue got a bigger bubble that resorted to pulling it back and then rolling it down again - this one didn't work out & it involved re-doing it.
I had put around 3 layers on the sponge - to get it off was a tedious job - it was too thin to just peel off. By the time I was done my 2 thumbs were pretty raw and it took a good 40 minutes. Compared to the Donic glue it was much harder to rub off & it involved having to keep at it.
Instructions say that if you keep lashing the glue on (leaving a time gap of at least 15 minutes) it will be thick enough to just peel off and take with it any previous old glue. At €23 a bottle and the weight gain of loads of glue I wouldn't be wasting it.
Instructions say 2 layers on the sheet and 1 for the blade. For pro players - or to boost the performance - you need double it & that"s what I did & I'm no pro. :)

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 11:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks Multispoke :up: :up: :up:

You were getting a dome from the glue? That should not happen with water-based glue, although I suppose the glue layer could expand or retract a little to cause a minor dome.

Does the glue have any solvent type smell at all?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 21:05 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Thanks Multispoke :up: :up: :up:

You were getting a dome from the glue? That should not happen with water-based glue, although I suppose the glue layer could expand or retract a little to cause a minor dome.

Does the glue have any solvent type smell at all?

The dome I was getting on the previously used tenergy rubbers hasn't happened before so something different is definitely happening. And I had removed the old glue beforehand.
There's a strong smell when you're putting it on as it starts to react with the sponge - it's more like an ammonia smell but not the solvent smell you get from the glue in the tin.
There's another bottle which is made by no. 3 which is a cleaner and acts as a rejuvenator and I prefer it to the foam cleaner from joola that I was using. It was 'cheap' at €7.
The cap on the glue and the cleaner is very small and easy to loose and I've already lost one of them.
My local supplier maintains that it's a glue with a booster effect and it's legal and I tend to agree with him. But it's not easy to work with.
Also the sponge that comes with the glue is a long strip and is a softer material that the sponges that I normally use with the standard Donic type glue.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 21:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Intersting... the DHS No 15 water-based glue also had an ammonia smell.... this glue also claimed multiple layers would give it a speed glue effect.
If it's the solvent that's making the sponge expand, it's probably technically illegal as it would be no different to a booster.

What's the other bottle "made by no. 3 "?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 22:30 
Super User

I've done a bit more monkeying around with the No. 3 revolution glue and where it's put on thinly it is VERY difficult to get off. It is more difficult on the porous rubbers of a Tenergy but it was slightly easier on a smoother sponge of a Tibhar 1Q.

I would NOT recommend this glue. It's too difficult to work with and too hard to get off.
haggisv wrote:
Intersting... the DHS No 15 water-based glue also had an ammonia smell.... this glue also claimed multiple layers would give it a speed glue effect.
If it's the solvent that's making the sponge expand, it's probably technically illegal as it would be no different to a booster.

It would appear that the solvent smell is being replaced with an ammonia smell.
I'm going to stick with the Donic Glue. The slight boost is not worth it.
haggisv wrote:
What's the other bottle "made by no. 3 "?

Often referred to as a biocleaner
http://www.ttrevolution.com/products/re ... ner-110ml/

Example of how it's applied on this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlHhq-E9enA

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 07:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks Multispoke :up:

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2013, 13:46 

I can concur with Multispoke's reply. Somewhere around a 5% performance boost. So next to none, more of a good feeling on the bounce ya know.

Also, as he said it wont peel thin. This stuff is tough. it will hold together like crazy and bond well. so if it doesnt have enough of itself to pull it along, it's not going anywhere without a fight. you need some good layers or buildup to peel it off, but if you have enough you can rip it right off aha.

I must add that i have yet to glue up as recommended. i am too used to using a dryer to speed things up so i never wait as they suggest.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2022, 02:21 

Got a bottle of medium viscosity. First I tried with 5 layers, 2 on blade, 3 on rubber Tenergy 19 2.1. Didn't like that, don't know how to describe, just didn't feel much.

But with 5 layers it peels off very easily and quite elastic like a rubber band. I used to use DHS 15, and I would say this is easy to peel and more elastic than DHS. DHS will break easier when pulled.

Today I tried with 2 layers on rubber and 1 on blade, also T19 2.1, perfect feel for me. Sound was good, speed was good, control is good. Won't be using other glues for some time

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2022, 08:57 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
I now only use Revolution no. 3 - it's the best glue, as far as I am concerned. Have been using it for the last 2 to 3 years.

Easy to spread on, easy to put multiple layers, very easy to remove without damaging rubbers. If people find it too thin or thick for their taste, they make a range - normal/ medium/ high viscosity

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!