OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2022, 23:28 

Hello everyone, i am playing table tennis for 15 years.
I tried almost all popular brands and had fun changing rockets, trying something new.
I want to share with you my worst buying experience and warn you all from the same problem.
I even created short video to show it:

This is my first experience in posting on forums and i want to share this information and hear about similar occasions.
I heard that most veterans and pioneers in my country prefer old blades and explain that new blades are overpriced, looking good but the same blades may feel and play randomly. Now i totally agreed with them.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2022, 23:39 

Blade: Stiga Def Classic
FH: Tibhar MX-P 2.0mm
BH: Hallmark Tactics 0X
So instead of contacting the reseller, you create a new account on a forum to bash a brand after one bad experience.

Seems logical!

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2022, 00:24 

banimal wrote:
So instead of contacting the reseller, you create a new account on a forum to bash a brand after one bad experience.

Seems logical!

Thanks for toxic response, you are very kind and your message is full of profit!

Reseller said "we will give your money back" and they did it. 99% of normal shops work like that.

But i can't realize how the world brand can produce such quality and didnt even check it before production?!

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2022, 05:26 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
NeverTibhar wrote:
banimal wrote:

Seems logical!

Thanks for toxic response, you are very kind and your message is full of profit!

Reseller said "we will give your money back" and they did it. 99% of normal shops work like that.

But i can't realize how the world brand can produce such quality and didnt even check it before production?!

Tibhar make excellent quality products and TT11 is a fantastic online shop. I’ve had nothing but good experiences with both Tibhar and TT11. Why are you whining on this forum, you got your refund.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2022, 07:22 
Super User

Beg to differ as my single experience with Tibhar and a couple with TT11 - Just excellent!! Don't really like the way the blade plays (for me at least!) but that has nothing to do with its quality and finish and the service from TT11. Certainly a :up: from me.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2022, 12:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes I agree with the others.

I don't think anyone would argue that the blade you received was faulty, but it seems a little harsh to judge their whole range, based in a single faulty product.

Manufacturing processes and quality control can never be 100% foolproof, some faulty products will ALWAYS slip through. If you've worked in a manufacturing plant, you would know this. Clearly you got one product that slipped through, but that does not mean they're all faulty.

I've seen tons of blades from a variety of brands for a very long time. I've seen small flaws or faults from just about every brand, but it's extremely rare. When I do see one, I tell the manufacturer, who appreciates the feedback so that they can improve their processes, and they usually refund the product.

In your case, the retailer (TT11) has refunded your money, so they've done the right thing by you, so there's no need to drag their name through the mud. I don't know if you've contacted Tibhar, but it seems rather harsh to judge their quality based on a single product, and then make a public video to blemish their brand...especially since you've already received a refund!

So while I respect your right to complain about a brand or product, which is why I've left your video and post, I do think you need you put this incident in perspective, and realise that your single faulty product may not be representative of the whole brand.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2022, 02:09 

Rob M wrote:
Tibhar make excellent quality products and TT11 is a fantastic online shop.

Sounds like toxic stockholm syndrome.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2022, 10:16 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
NeverTibhar wrote:
Rob M wrote:
Tibhar make excellent quality products and TT11 is a fantastic online shop.

There is no place for trolling on this forum. Don’t come here and make unfounded claims. You got your refund from TT 11 so you should be happy. If you have any further complaints take it up directly with Tibhar.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2022, 14:27 

Blade: Stiga Defensive Classic
FH: Victas V>15 Extra 2.0
BH: Stiga Vertical 20 0.5
This is igor right, be honest....

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2022, 16:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

NeverTibhar wrote:

ROFL.. The one posting toxic content is complaining that other people are toxic. Reminds me of Tonald Drumph complaining about "fake news".

The truth is that the bulk of the blades sold in Europe are made in two or three large factories, in the same factory where this blade was made, they probably also make Donic, Stiga, Andro, etc. blades. Sure, there's a bad one that comes out now and then. There's no way to inspect every single one. And to be honest, I wouldn't buy a European-made (or a Japanese-made) blade, not because they aren't good, it's just that Chinese blades are just as good and cost a lot less.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2022, 20:36 

Looks like 80% of people here are "very kind" and watch video and read my post.
Even when you give them real proof of bad equipment and bad service - they will still offend me and defend bad service and manufacturer instead of thinking deeply.

If its not stockholm syndrome what it is? :D

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2022, 23:51 

iskandar taib wrote:
NeverTibhar wrote:
There's no way to inspect every single one

I think u need to get contract with Tibhar, they need very smart people like you in production cheap low products! :D

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2022, 12:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

NeverTibhar wrote:
Even when you give them real proof of bad equipment and bad service - they will still offend me and defend bad service and manufacturer instead of thinking deeply.

Again, you are judging the complete Tibhar range, based on a single faulty blade, and accuse anyone, that disagrees with your conclusions, of toxic stockholm syndrome. Why don't you 'think deeply' on how reasonable that is?

I can't see anyone above disagreeing that your blade was faulty...but they disagree with your conclusion that the whole Tibhar range is of poor quality, based on a single faulty blade.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2022, 18:43 

haggisv wrote:
NeverTibhar wrote:

Again, you are judging the complete Tibhar range, based on a single faulty blade, and accuse anyone, that disagrees with your conclusions, of toxic stockholm syndrome. Why don't you 'think deeply' on how reasonable that is?

I can't see anyone above disagreeing that your blade was faulty...but they disagree with your conclusion that the whole Tibhar range is of poor quality, based on a single faulty blade.

Show me at least one of the same defective brand new blade by any other brand first. Especially in 2022.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2022, 20:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Here are 3 blades below, all were mid-range blades of reputable brands.
The first one has like a warp in the outer ply. I did not even notice when I glued the rubber on, but it was obvious once the rubber was on there.

The 2nd one is not a fault as such, but it's a large knot in the outer ply, which I personally think is not acceptable as a ball will no doubt bounce differently on this spot.

The 3rd one is a chip off the edge, which may have happened during manufacturing, but could also have happened during handling/shipping afterwards.

I should mention of course that I come across a lot of blades all the time, and seeing a significant fault in a blade is very very rare, but it does happen, because no process is perfect.

Attachments:
outer_ply_warp.jpg
outer_ply_warp.jpg [ 138.34 KiB | Viewed 1487 times ]
knot-on-blade.JPG
knot-on-blade.JPG [ 145.76 KiB | Viewed 1487 times ]
blade_side_damage.JPG
blade_side_damage.JPG [ 28.55 KiB | Viewed 1487 times ]