OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2022, 23:12 

Blade: -
FH: Friendship 729 Higher
BH: Friendship 729 Higher
Our club has recently acquired a new table and a row is breaking regarding the height. The new table is 77cm and this is higher than the ITTF specification by 1.0cm (or 10mm). The specification from the ITTF is given in metric at 76.0cm, some other sources quote the imperial distance of 30" or 2'6". Note that 30"=76.2cm.
I have found a very technical document from the ITTF detailing every aspect of an approved table, in which the hight is further defined as being 760mm +/-3mm. This means our new tabe is higher that the ITTF upper limit.
At our club we are not top league players at all, and the actual difference to our play would probably be unoticable. However, if this table were to be used in the English league, might this be an issue? Note that TT England adheres to the rules laid out by the ITTF.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2022, 01:17 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I play in 2 English local leagues. I doubt it would be an issue in either of them. We normally have such a variety of tables and playing conditions that a few mm here or there would be the least of our worries. However, it might be a concern in the British League, in which exclusively higher level players participate.
I would query the supplier though, as they should be giving you the correct height.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2022, 00:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The gross issue about the tables as found on general market is the glossiness and frictionality of the table"s topboard. Some tables are glossy and glassy like hell/

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2022, 21:37 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Fold-out tables often have height adjustment on the folding legs to compensate for slightly uneven floors. Could it be that your tables are adjusted to max height? With that, tables are likely to be higher at the ends than at the net, and aiming along the edge should show a visible dip in the middle.

If those are new tables, perhaps recheck the parts list. Some tables we bought ~10 years ago had plastic spacers of various length for the screw fittings. I recall confusing the spacers for the first table. The result in my case was quite obviously wrong, as the table halves didn't go together at all.