OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2023, 06:42 

Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Friendship 729FX
BH: Grass D. Tecs 0.9mm
Hello ! (This is my first post on this forum, I hope that it will be fine)
(My english is rusty, sorry ;( )

This is my 6th year of table tennis, and I've been recently (may of 2022) beginning my switch to long pips.
As I was in a new world, I wanted to explore the long pips route. So, I played a kind of modern defense for a year, dealing with chopping, blocking and so on.
I noticed that my setup is not good for what I prefer in playing with long pips.

After watching some videos of "forehand setup close to the table players" such as Leonardo Arata or Andrea Aschi (with Anti, but to me similar playing style), and having a guy in my club that plays like him, I would like to know what's the optimal setup of blade and rubbers for this playing style.

- A setup that's slow in the backhand for drop shots, chop blocks and controlled aggressive pushes/blocks
- Quick in the forehand (for strong loops, I'm not good in hitting the ball)

Thank you for your advices ! :angel:

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2023, 07:22 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Hi, it would be good to know your current setup before giving advice.

Leonardo plays with a matador texa carbon blade and battle 2 in fh. BH is varies. He also played a G1 in FH before.

Andrea plays a carbonado 190 blade with an orignal abs topsheet in a pink spinlab sponge. A donic bluestorm z2 in Fh.

I myself play a SDC combination blade. Fh innerforce hinoki with a rakza z eh or a 09c. ( Depending on cashflow). BH abs 3 1.5 mm on an outerforce koto. Anti is best on an stiff blade but I don't like that feeling in my FH. I tried the Texa Carbon, but it's not my cup of tea.

I've been searching for long pimples. But can't seem to make the switch. I make a lot of mistakes because anti and pimples are very different. I 've tried Grass d tecks, Desperados Reloaded and Trouble maker. Also tried friends Virus 2, wobblerand others.

I think you should decide on pimples or anti first

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2023, 08:37 

Blade: Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Friendship 729FX
BH: Grass D. Tecs 0.9mm
Thank you for your answer !

Quote:
Hi, it would be good to know your current setup before giving advice.

So, I've been playing with Stiga Clipper Wood (a blade that I liked a lot when I developped my strokes), Friendship or DHS Hurricane III Neo on the FH and Grass D. Tecs 0.9mm on the BH. I used this equipment because I wanted something to play away from the table, but also to have a setup that could give me a confort zone. But there is several problems with this...
- I think that the FH + blade doesn't work with my looping game. When I played softer rubbers (like Bluestorm Z2), my topspins were more dangerous :devil: The low trajectory is risky and I need to put a lot of physical effort to produce a good topspin (seems like a lot of energy lost compared to my partners, even if I'm physically decent, it requires to be at 100% on every ball ;( )
- With the sponge, I'm not able to chop block well from the table and the balls, when I block, goes off the table frequently. It's I think too risky to continue with this kind of thickness

Quote:
I 've tried Grass d tecks, Desperados Reloaded and Trouble maker.

In the BH I was interested by OX pimples like Desperado Reloaded to be disruptive and also to be aggressive. But I'm totally ok with trying the FAnti rubbers like my club mentor ! (he plays with the ABS 2 Pro I think)

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2023, 18:57 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Most close to the table players use a stiff blade with ox pimples.

When you try ox pimples reloaded and troublemaker are very good options. I think troublemaker is a bit slower and easier to use. Both will give you good atacking options. I don't have experience playing away from the table.

The strength of Flanti lies in control, placement and revearsal. For me it's very difficult to be agressive with it. I twiddle (difficult learning curve on when to do it) or step around and pivot FH. I've lost a few matches this season because I'm not able to mount an offense from my BH. For the Abs 3 was the easist to learn how to play Flanti.

As for FH. Play with what you make the least mistakes. I know the joy of playing with H3 and battle 2 but eventully I quit them because they are to demanding. Rakza Z and 09c are a good compromise for me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2023, 02:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
I like a 7 ply wood blade (currently using the yasaka falck W7) which is like the clipper. I use sponge on my LP. I know D-tecs is tough to control. Why not try a different LP or try LP in OX? Clipper is a good blade and should loop well, but have good feeling like other 7 ply woods.