OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2023, 09:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
What's the best bit of table tennis equipment you ever bought?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2023, 19:57 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
As a card carrying member of EJs Anonymous, the best piece of equipment is always the NEXT one!

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2023, 00:13 

Blade: Yinhe N9
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Focus Snipe 3
For me it is those retractable, portable plastic nets which these days cost as little as 18 RMB in China, which is about $4 USD.

They work pretty well; they're portable and you can set them up on almost any table. They are the go to for most casual players over here.

I took a pair to Australia (the same style of net cost $25 or so in the shops there), and after dropping a sheet of "marine grade" MDF on the back on a trailer, had a table set up to play with my nephew. Great stuff.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2023, 00:52 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Kinda related to table tennis, but it's not a table tennis brand. I bought a North Face duffel bag (xs size) more than 3 years ago and it's awesome. Waterproof and incredibly solid with a lot of space for everything you need for your daily table tennis training. Still in great condition.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2023, 11:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

deleted wrote:
For me it is those retractable, portable plastic nets which these days cost as little as 18 RMB in China, which is about $4 USD.

They work pretty well; they're portable and you can set them up on almost any table. They are the go to for most casual players over here.

I took a pair to Australia (the same style of net cost $25 or so in the shops there), and after dropping a sheet of "marine grade" MDF on the back on a trailer, had a table set up to play with my nephew. Great stuff.

That's very cool, I've not seen those, can you post a picture?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2023, 14:52 
♫ Living On The Edge (Tape) ♫

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Def
FH: Rakza Z MAX
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
I'm going to go with the sheet of Rakza Z I got for $35AUD including shipping when there some sort of pricing error with the launch of Amazon Japan shipping to Australia.

Value aside – it confirmed to me that a hybrid sticky rubber seems to be the way to go for my style, and that I don't particularly enjoy the catapult effect of so many tensors!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2023, 16:21 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
For me it would be my SDC blade. It's pretty, feels like I want and is a blast to play.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2023, 23:14 

haggisv wrote:
That's very cool, I've not seen those, can you post a picture?

Are you sure you don't know these?
Attached photo, including two broken ones I just repaired (no longer retract, so I "fixed" their length).
These nets have the advantage that their clamp can open very wide. They fit more tables than many other nets do (e.g. plastic blue, thick tables). And they fit kitchen tables and other non standard width tables - very good for a COVID lockdown.

Attachments:
retract repair.jpg
retract repair.jpg [ 505.09 KiB | Viewed 8968 times ]
net.jpg
net.jpg [ 110.83 KiB | Viewed 8968 times ]

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2023, 09:47 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Very nice, no I've not seen those. They're certainly good enough for most occasions. :up:

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2023, 15:39 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Popular here for use on outdoor tables. The government provided the place and tables all over the city. The people bring their own nets, like that. Image

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2023, 23:07 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
For me, it's my table and robot that I have at home now. Once we built our new house and I have a dedicated space for table tennis, I saved up and purchased a Butterfly Centrefold table and got one of the Joola Infinity robots off of Kickstarter. Having a table and robot at home so I can practice anytime has been invaluable. I've also been able to have coaching sessions on my schedule. Plus, the ability to have my friends from the club over for some intense playing sessions that combine a fun social aspect has really enhanced my life.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2023, 09:51 

Long time lurker, customer of OOAK and love the discussion on here over the last few years of my journey to learn table tennis.

I created an account just for this response (although this makes me sound like an adbot):

The best purchase I have made for my table tennis game is a Meta Quest 2 headset and the "Eleven VR" table tennis game.
Here is a video of the game I am talking about with an overlay of a real life camera showing the realism:

I fell in love with table tennis from office casual play and during COVID I looked for another way to keep practising - my home did not allow for a table and robot so I invested in this VR game after watching some youtube videos showing off how real this game is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuB2PQt3a3k&t=95s

It also saved me from having to join EJ anonymous after buying many blades and rubbers to try in office.
Anyway here is the discord for anyone wanting to join the community and check out the latest news and discussions https://discord.com/invite/s8EbXWG

It was also a game that was part of the singapore e-sports olympics:

I really believe this will revolutionise accessibility to the sport and improve table tennis appeal to youth.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2023, 17:37 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
This really helps a lot to relieve of fatigue and some muscle aches especially ones from TT related activities. I had one back in Indonesia and I bought another one here in China.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2023, 11:46 

bakabill wrote:
Long time lurker, customer of OOAK and love the discussion on here over the last few years of my journey to learn table tennis.

I created an account just for this response (although this makes me sound like an adbot):

The best purchase I have made for my table tennis game is a Meta Quest 2 headset and the "Eleven VR" table tennis game.

The future is here.

Is that a body-less tiger head?

How do you rate its ability to simulate ordinary table tennis? Have you noticed anything that works in VR that doesn't work IRL?

*slightly related. About 10 years ago my dad took up skeet shooting and wanted a way to practice at home. I suggested an NES (nintendo) and the game Duck Hunt, which is from the mid 1980s. He did. And then attached a long wooden stick, and a block to simulate the gun's stock. I can't say whether it helped haha. But he tried.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2023, 12:17 

Reason for a floating head and hands is because the quest 2 only tracks users head and hands - body/foot tracking is not possible yet with just the headset and 2 controllers that you hold.

The physics of Eleven VR is 90% there with real life, the only thing missing is air resistance which makes long distance rallies bit less realistic. The haptic feedback on each ball contact and use of table tennis grip adaptors have made it feel like a 1:1 realistic simulation to my amateur skills - here is a vid of me playing a AUS V CHN match https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkxb6U4qz ... KzyUwaOp0P (ping/latency is not a detrimental factor in this game due to some amazing programming)

Check out the video's I linked above, it's quite amazing to see pro players testing it and instantly being able to play as good as their real life abilities - showing how good the simulation is.