OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2023, 19:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
From all the table tennis rubbers, blades, accessories, etc, what's the worst purchase you ever made?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2023, 20:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Probably this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005471239438.html

"Chinese version of Blue Fire"... :lol: Note this is the "Provincial" version (two missing corners).

Just came across and sort of tempted to buy this...

https://shopee.com.my/KAYU-Prim-wood-BE ... 4548941321

RM42.50 is about USD8... Is this for real? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2023, 23:00 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

On one order - Yasaka Synergy blade, Friendship 802 max red, 729 max black, Butterfly Free Chack glue, Nittaku balls and some edge tape - two items stand out as bad purchases.
  • The 802, because it was past its shelf life (zero friction, and that was not what I needed).
  • The glue, because I paid for it but never received it.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2023, 00:50 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
Tenergy 05.

Really, didn't like it at all. Too high speed, low control and even the spin wasn't that good. High price.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2023, 12:54 

Blade: Yinhe N9
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Focus Snipe 3
Fake Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge rubber.
Worst purchase in that it wasn't what it was supposed to be. You could tell when you picked it up that it didn't 'flap' the way H3 should.

It didn't have tack, and was significantly lighter than H3. Funnily enough, it kind of worked alright - not as a H3 substitute, but as a rubber of its own kind.
I kept it and stuck it on a cheap blade - use for practice exercises in the home.

I later discovered that its origin was most likely fake Stiga clipper blades which you can be bought cheap as chips. They are often paired with fake Tenergy 05 and Blue sponge H3.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2023, 17:03 
Super User

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Classic ST
FH: Hurricane 3 41 black 2.2
BH: Hurricane 3 38 red 2.2
deleted wrote:
Fake Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge rubber.
Worst purchase in that it wasn't what it was supposed to be. You could tell when you picked it up that it didn't 'flap' the way H3 should.

It didn't have tack, and was significantly lighter than H3. Funnily enough, it kind of worked alright - not as a H3 substitute, but as a rubber of its own kind.
I kept it and stuck it on a cheap blade - use for practice exercises in the home.

I later discovered that its origin was most likely fake Stiga clipper blades which you can be bought cheap as chips. They are often paired with fake Tenergy 05 and Blue sponge H3.

My last purchase was a cheap "provincial" similar thoughts... probably same as you say... I just don't know...

---

As an EJ junky for a long time "worst" purchase is dam hard to pinpoint. And they would depend on how you perceive them from today. 99% of the purchases could be the worst except the 1% I like today. They all taught me something. So they aren't that bad...

15 years ago I bought a hurricane 3 and thought it was rubbish. Today I love the commercial H3.

Probably a balsa carbon T11 or something like that is the worst blade I bought...
The worst bunch of rubbers I bought in Hong Kong really cheap and 90% of them were worth what I bought them for.... $5 a rubber.... = junky dead lino.

Still that bunch cost me...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2023, 17:48 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Another one’s trash is another one’s treasure…

I used to discount the Yinhe T series, but after using them for quite sometime I get to like them. Especially the T11/T11s. The others I got them mainly due to colors, I was once at the colorful period where I put various color LP with matching color blades. The T series has most of the color I want. Until I use other color blades.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2023, 19:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

deleted wrote:

Reminds me of that fake Tenergy 05 I bought once. I knew it was fake (you don't get Tenergy 05 for $7 including shipping :lol: ) but I thought it would be something like the $5 Chinese rubber sheets (729, Corbor, 868..) which would actually be usable (and would be worth a giggle when I took it to the club and played with it). It was utter trash.. NO grip at all, dead sponge.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2023, 20:58 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Without doubt Dr Neubauer Dominance speed. Just a cheap hard Chinese rubber rebranded at a crazy price, which is typical Dr N Practice. Fortunately I bought it at half price as otherwise I would have been really mad.

Running it close was Rhyzser 43 which was far too soft and bouncy and nowhere near as nice to play with close to the table as say Rasanter R42

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2023, 11:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
I bought a nittaku goriki blade. It was on sale, but still about 225 USD. I hate it.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2023, 03:16 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
vanjr wrote:
I bought a nittaku goriki blade. It was on sale, but still about 225 USD. I hate it.

oh no :( It's a unique blade, either you hate it or love it I guess.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2023, 16:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
vanjr wrote:

I've always had my eye on those as well... you've convinced me not to bother now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2023, 23:13 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
haggisv wrote:
vanjr wrote:

I've always had my eye on those as well... you've convinced me not to bother now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a ̶s̶a̶d̶ proud owner of 6 Goriki (Danshi, Super cut and some customs no "normal" Goriki sadly) it is a one of a kind blade. Extreme characteristics (extremely heavy, extremely flexible, super hard and super thin with an oversized pallet but still smaller than a true defensive blade (except the Super cut version which is the size of a defensive blade) for players with a non-meta gamestyle (ie not your average 2 winged looper) like a modern/classic defense player or someone which emphasize on disrupting the pace of the ball with lp or glanti/anti. Just my ̶t̶w̶o̶ three cents.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2023, 23:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
Make me an offer anyone who wants to try. I am in the USA, but I am willing to share the pain...

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2023, 03:11 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Dawei 388C-2. I dunno what playing style it designed for.

(Not the model shown on the picture, but exact the same shape discontinued all-wood blade). Very strange and uncomfortable head heavy weight balance. Does not fix wrist angle (palm automatically adjusts to the same blade position as normal handle). And it is the only blade that warped into propeller after a few months.