OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2023, 17:37 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've always been a big fan of the foam cleaners, like the Butterfly rushawa cleaner which I've used for the last 20 years. Unfortunately this cleaner, and others like it, seem to have been discontinued, not sure why, perhaps because they're in pressured bottles which makes them riskier (and thus expensive) to ship.
I know a lot of people use water, which I use myself as well for regular cleaning, but I feel that after a certain time a cleaner will do a better job to restore the grip.

So what cleaners have you tried and like?

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2023, 20:29 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
I also use the Butterfly Rashawa foam cleaner as well as Spin Max

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2023, 22:15 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
I've been using the "Revolution Nr.3, Rubber Cleaner & Rejuvenator" and am liking it quite a bit so far. I miss my old Spinmax but this seems to clean the rubber will and keeps my tacky rubbers tacky so no complaints so far!

I like that I only need to use a couple drops of it each time too.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2023, 01:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
H two O.
If really dirty or oily then lightly soap and rinse with water (rarely do this)

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2023, 02:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Joo Se Kev wrote:
I've been using the "Revolution Nr.3, Rubber Cleaner & Rejuvenator" and am liking it quite a bit so far. I miss my old Spinmax but this seems to clean the rubber will and keeps my tacky rubbers tacky so no complaints so far!

I like that I only need to use a couple drops of it each time too.

+++1.... been using it for a long time .... very good...... I just need one single drop.....good value for money ....

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2023, 13:42 
♫ Living On The Edge (Tape) ♫

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Def
FH: Rakza Z MAX
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
Added question: whether you’d use this method for tacky rubbers too! I’ve just been using water with my Rakza Z and it has been holding up decently tacky wise about 4 months in.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2023, 14:52 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
Revolution no. 3 - including on tacky rubbers!

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2023, 15:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

PRW wrote:

I've not tried that one. Is it anything like the Falco Life Expander?

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2023, 15:15 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

haggisv wrote:
PRW wrote:

not really, other than the end result: Falco is a foam, Revo no. 3 is a liquid - I only put 2 or 3 drops per side, so it lasts a very long time. Seems to remove any sand or grit/ dust very well - I just wipe it a couple of times with my palm.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2023, 15:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

PRW wrote:
haggisv wrote:
PRW wrote:

not really, other than the end result: Falco is a foam, Revo no. 3 is a liquid - I only put 2 or 3 drops per side, so it lasts a very long time. Seems to remove any sand or grit/ dust very well - I just wipe it a couple of times with my palm.

You must be thinking of a different one, because the Falco Life Expander is also a liquid, it's like a very thin oil that soaks into the rubber. You spread it with the little sponge at the top of the bottle. It works quite well too, but it's double the price... just curious how it compares.
With the Falco one I was always worried of using it too often, as oils can expand the rubber and also saturate it.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2023, 16:28 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

haggisv wrote:
You must be thinking of a different one, because the Falco Life Expander is also a liquid, it's like a very thin oil that soaks into the rubber. You spread it with the little sponge at the top of the bottle. It works quite well too, but it's double the price... just curious how it compares.
With the Falco one I was always worried of using it too often, as oils can expand the rubber and also saturate it.

ah, yip, I remember now - I haven't used Falco Life Expander for a while. The Revo 3 feels slightly less oily, unless it is because you use a lot more of the Falco, because of the sponge. With just a couple of drops, I don't think the Revo 3 penetrates the rubber like Falco does.

If I see Vinnie in Brisbane this week, I will get his opinion on it as well, and ask him to post here

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023, 13:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I decided to get some of the Revo 3 to test, and I've tried it. It works quite well. It does feel slightly oily to me, but not as oily as the Falco life expander. As your rub it over the rubber, it does not really dry, but it soaks into the rubber instead which takes a little longer. This is similar to the Falco one, but different from most water-based cleaners.

While I was waiting for my Revo 3 to arrive, a friend told me they're already using this and showed me the bottle. Strangely when I smelled theirs, it has quite a strong chemical smell to it like alcohol, which is surprising as it's marked as VOC-free. When I got mine, there was virtually no smell at all. For those that have this cleaner, does yours have a chemical smell or not?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023, 19:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

One wonders if these products have the Igor seal of approval.. :lol: (or the ITTF's for that matter - do they amount to "tampering" with the rubber?) So far he hasn't been by to leave snide comments, as he has whenever non-ITTF rubbers or boosters get mentioned...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023, 19:40 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I use wet (baby) wipes they are usually use for the babies' fundus or any other area for disinfection.. It works just fine, it cleans the topsheet, gives the grip back and gives a little extra amount of hours for the rubber to be usable. I use a particular one, but I am tempted to believe every one could work okay, given it contains no alcohol or other dissolvents. I used to use specialized cleaners, but strangely I found that they rather removed the grip instead of renewing it.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2023, 10:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

iskandar taib wrote:
One wonders if these products have the Igor seal of approval.. :lol: (or the ITTF's for that matter - do they amount to "tampering" with the rubber?) So far he hasn't been by to leave snide comments, as he has whenever non-ITTF rubbers or boosters get mentioned...
Yes that's a good question! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Technically cleaners were never even mentioned in any ITTF rules, but if someone interprets cleaning as modifying the rubber surface, then that's another story.