OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Rubber sugestion
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2023, 10:13 

I am currently using bluestone rubber on waldner donic blade. This has elevated my game, smashes out of this world, great spin. But now I would like to get rubbers that will give me more control.Looking at the shop many of the popular donic rubbers are out of stock. I am certainly not a intermediate player, maybe at a push I might be at a lower grade.That being said I still want to try using an upmarket rubber. I have several other blades available to use i.e. recently given an old gergelk bat plus flextra ,extra.ma lin(not sure if its a fake) I would be interested in using the gergel bat.Any suggestions please.

Post subject: Re: Rubber sugestion
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2023, 16:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Tenergy 05 or Dignics 09C... :?:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 00:26 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
Dignics09C might give you greater control, but way too expensive (at least for me). Outrageously high price for something you can get half the price. If you want greater control while keeping the spin, I suggest you looking for a hybrid rubber. Of course, this way you are going to sacrifice some speed, as the higher speed, the lower control. But this is not always true for the reverse, meaning something too slow will also degrade the quality of control. Something just must not be too fast.

If you want something quick with good spin and some control and not worried about the price, I suggest the Tenergy 19. If you want something slower with good spin and good control, you might want to try a hybrid like a Donic Bluegrip S2 for example. You would not go too far in regard of the brand and rubber series. Maybe an Andro Rasanter C48. I was thinking of buying Dignics09C for a long time, but ultimately scratched the idea because of its price and the fact I can get something very similar for half the price. And let's be honest, it is not for everyone.

Nevertheless, this is only my attitude.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 10:29 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

As usual, when it comes to questions like this, I was being facetious. I've no idea what this "Bluestone" is like, and Tenergy 05 and Dignics 09C are what all the top pros use, so.. :lol:

Bluestone is likely some Tensor, it comes with a sponge hardness rating. If you want to increase control just find something (preferrably in the same line, though Tensors are all made in the same factory) with a slightly harder sponge (or a much harder sponge, depending on how much of a change you want). What I've found is that with rubbers, differences are subtle rather than dramatic. You might or might not even be able to figure out if there's been any change, you'd have to play with it for a month to decide if there has been a change, and if there's a change, whether you even like the change, and whether you are scoring more (or fewer) points than you were before in any case.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 13:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I suspect he/she means one of thhe Donic Bluestorm series rubber, which are quite lively and relatively fast.
Without knowing the level of the player, and the actual model of both the rubber and the blade (there are many Donoc Walner blades), it's hard to provide a recommendation.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 15:49 

GregorTT425 wrote:
Dignics09C might give you greater control, but way too expensive (at least for me). Outrageously high price for something you can get half the price. If you want greater control while keeping the spin, I suggest you looking for a hybrid rubber. Of course, this way you are going to sacrifice some speed, as the higher speed, the lower control. But this is not always true for the reverse, meaning something too slow will also degrade the quality of control. Something just must not be too fast.

If you want something quick with good spin and some control and not worried about the price, I suggest the Tenergy 19. If you want something slower with good spin and good control, you might want to try a hybrid like a Donic Bluegrip S2 for example. You would not go too far in regard of the brand and rubber series. Maybe an Andro Rasanter C48. I was thinking of buying Dignics09C for a long time, but ultimately scratched the idea because of its price and the fact I can get something very similar for half the price. And let's be honest, it is not for everyone.

Nevertheless, this is only my attitude.
Thank you all for your input.Yes I nearly fell through the floor at ,those high prices.lol.I willo look further but I am leaning towards donic rubbher, but then I read they dont last too long..

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 15:55 

haggisv wrote:
I suspect he/she means one of thhe Donic Bluestorm series rubber, which are quite lively and relatively fast.
Without knowing the level of the player, and the actual model of both the rubber and the blade (there are many Donoc Walner blades), it's hard to provide a recommendation.

I thank you for your reply.Just mentioning my bat was already made up with donic bluestorm z1 so the only identification of blade is on the handle which simply states Waldner donic made in sweden.But as already mentioned I was really looking for the good rubber for one of those bats.Regards sago

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 16:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

If you can post a picture of the handle, we can probably identify it. The Bluestorm Z1 are fast rubbers with a relatively firm sponge, which is usually more suitable for high level players with good technique.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2023, 11:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Here is the blade that sago is using:
It's the DONIC Waldner Offensive 2016 (Special JO edition,made in Sweden), which is rated around off in speed.

I think this blade will give you more control compared to the Gergely carbon.