OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Most Linear Setup
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 14:00 

Blade: Garaydia t5000
FH: Hurricane 3 neo provincia
BH: Dignics 09c
Hello everybody,

I hope all of you are having a pleasant day. I just had one question I wanted to ask: what is the most linear setup I can get? by linear I mean my input being directly related to the output (one unit input = one unit output). At the moment I am playing with an Innerforce layer ALC, h3 neo provincial FH, tenergy 05 BH. My current setup is too unpredictable for me and I have grown tired of my equipment (the tenergy in this case) not obeying my input. I want to try an allwood most likely so I could correct my technique.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Most Linear Setup
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 14:10 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Change the rubbers to Yinhe Mercury 2 medium.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 14:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
A relatively stiff wooden blade tends to be the most linear in my experience, but your current blade should not be too bad. The rubbers will be more important, and traditional German/Japanese (Coppa, Sriver, Mark V) rubbers or most Chinese rubbers tend to be most linear. The simplest option is to try your Hurricane rubber on your backhand (flip the bat over), see if this helps.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 14:39 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
I recently bought a Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition, to see what an all-wood blade was like (I have tried many blades over the years, but never an all-wood).

It is a 7-ply blade with limba-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-limba layers. Around 6.6mm thick.

It is very, very stable - with H3 Neo, I found it way too slow for my liking, so I put Tibhar K3 Hybrid on the forehand, Andro Rasanter c48 on the backhand. It is the most linear combination I have tried - very easy to play with, but it hasn't got the high-end potency of balsa.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 17:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

You blame your lack of control on the setup "not being linear" - perhaps it's just too fast. Have you tried an all-wood five ply blade yet? I find the blade is a much bigger influence on a setup than the rubber. Get, say, a Stiga Allround Classic (or my favorite, a Sanwei M8) and move your rubbers to that blade. It won't cost you much to try, see if you like it, if you don't, you won't have spent much. Your over-the-table play should improve, if nothing else.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 18:00 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I also put my vote on the allwood blade. I have played with the Innerforce Layer ALC myself for a while, found it was quite good, but then switched to the Cybershape Wood. I have played with a 7-ply allwood blade, but found it a little too stiff. The Cybershape Caron is another blade I have tried it out, but had dumped it after realizing it is too fast and stiff. I am back with the Cybershape Wood. No matter how slow it is, I get decent feeling and control.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2023, 19:06 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Thinking of going the other way myself...

Decathlon (large sporting goods store) sells a line of decent pre-mades. This one:

https://shopee.com.my/Decathlon-Table-T ... High-Speed)-Pongori-i.428478889.6892312532

costs about USD45 and includes a ALC blade. From the picture it looks like a "outer" rather than an "inner". I was thinking of treating myself to one of these for Christmas. Unfortunately the price seems to gone up... :(

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2023, 00:38 

Blade: Garaydia t5000
FH: Hurricane 3 neo provincia
BH: Dignics 09c
My first custom setup was Mazunov paired with mark v. So yes I have tried allwood. However, this was 9 years ago, I still have the mazunov if you guys think that works. A member at my local club suggested that I use a sanwei fextra or nittaku skc paired with h3 neo on both sides.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2023, 05:18 

Blade: Pimorac Off-
5ply limba - ayous - ayous allwood like donic waldner allplay/neottec magic control + friendship fx super soft. It's gonna be waaay slower then your current setup, totally into all category, but that's the most linear and not expensive setup I can think of

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2023, 05:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
Most linear blade: a 7 ply wood.