OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2024, 03:51 

Blade: Sanwei Parla
FH: Sanwei Target National
BH: Sanwei Dizzy
Hello everybody,

After testing some material from Dr. Neubauer, I chose this combination for competing:

As always, I would like to have your insight about it, and if you would choose the same combination and if you have the same experience adapting yourself to a new setup.

Long life long pips!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2024, 05:49 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
Could be okay, thought the forehand side might feel dead a bit. This blade is on the stiff side and the rubber is a hard one, but grippy. Nice thing is that you will only one once you try it out. I guess you should give it a shot and see for yourself.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2024, 07:51 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Hahahah great video as always Diegox, funny and well edited, well played in your competition. Please keep making your videos i enjoy them.

Over the years I have used most of Dr N long pimples including trouble maker and to be honest they're all a bit Meh. You should try Dornenglanz or D'tecs, they are both much better suited for your game close to the table. In fact you should have a look at the Spinlord long pimples, they have many rubbers better then Dr N for playing close to the table blocking and chop blocking including Dornenglanz, Hai and Leviathan 1A (not premium)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pipm6DJN3C0

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2024, 13:48 

GregorTT425 wrote:
Could be okay, thought the forehand side might feel dead a bit. This blade is on the stiff side and the rubber is a hard one, but grippy. Nice thing is that you will only one once you try it out. I guess you should give it a shot and see for yourself.

Thanks for your answer, which inverted rubber do you think can be also interesting for this combination? Regards.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2024, 14:03 

Rob M wrote:
Hahahah great video as always Diegox, funny and well edited, well played in your competition. Please keep making your videos i enjoy them.

Over the years I have used most of Dr N long pimples including trouble maker and to be honest they're all a bit Meh. You should try Dornenglanz or D'tecs, they are both much better suited for your game close to the table. In fact you should have a look at the Spinlord long pimples, they have many rubbers better then Dr N for playing close to the table blocking and chop blocking including Dornenglanz, Hai and Leviathan 1A (not premium)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pipm6DJN3C0

Thanks for you answer and for your kind words. I really appreciate them.

I make a big effort to make the content interesting and fun, then I’m happy that people appreciate it.

About your recommendation, I’m happy with TM, but it is true that still many rubbers that I didn’t try and for sure I will give a chance to all of them… well, except Spinlord products.

For me one of the important aspects about brands is not just the result of the products, but also it has to be coherent with the way the brand treat the costumers. In the case of Spinlord, I approached to them at some point offering reviewing and they treat my content as ¨rather strange¨.

For sure I understand that my videos can be different, and not all brands will be interested on them. But, that I do spect is, at least, respect for people that is working spreading long pips content, that I can imagine is also useful for them.

Sorry for the long answer, I really appreciate your recommendations. If you have more, please keep in contact. I still learning a lot in this nice process.

Regards.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2024, 21:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
It seems you are sponsored by DR N.

Why don't you try pips like Dawei 388 d1, 388d or Bomb Talent?

It looks as if the new marketing strategy is to sponsor amateurs so that many can follow suit.

No need to get expensive pips any more.Why? they do not excel even 10 % better than the cheap , all round Chinese pips .No new pip will work miracles and to just use the pip to send the ball low with a joke of reversal and not get attacked easily , a Chinese pip is more than enough .

No intention to offend here . :angel:

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2024, 22:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I forgot ! I must admit DR.N. Matador texa carbon and Matador texa balsa are brilliant for close to the table blocking.However,There is no need to buy such over expensive blades as there are cheaper ones which are also great for close to the table blocking.

The idea is : the hype about the expensive manufacturers is unfounded......maybe these thoughts might save some money to our beloved forum readers.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2024, 23:50 

charmander defender wrote:
It seems you are sponsored by DR N.

Why don't you try pips like Dawei 388 d1, 388d or Bomb Talent?

It looks as if the new marketing strategy is to sponsor amateurs so that many can follow suit.

No need to get expensive pips any more.Why? they do not excel even 10 % better than the cheap , all round Chinese pips .No new pip will work miracles and to just use the pip to send the ball low with a joke of reversal and not get attacked easily , a Chinese pip is more than enough .

No intention to offend here . :angel:

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time of answering. This is not properly an sponsorship, but if you watch my channel you will notice that brands use to send me material and I test it in videos like this one. I didn’t say in the video that they are the only pips or that people have to buy them, I just make my conclusions based on my experience testing them and it is true that this combination is the one that I choose for competing nowadays.

I have tested different brands in the past as Friendship, DHS, TSP, Sauer and Troger and Sanwei, all of them good brands, and I still testing some more. But for sure if some other Chinese brands will send to me material I would be happy to test it.

For now the chines rubbers as Friends and DHP I would not recommend because of durability. From my experience after couple of week the pips fall down, then at the end for buying 2 or 3 of them is more expensive that buying 1 that last more.

Anyway, as always, I respect the opinions of everybody, this is just based on my experience and maybe other people has other experience and is valid too.

Nice to meet you and welcome always to exchange pips ideas.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024, 00:03 

I forgot ! I must admit DR.N. Matador texa carbon and Matador texa balsa are brilliant for close to the table blocking.However,There is no need to buy such over expensive blades as there are cheaper ones which are also great for close to the table blocking.

The idea is : the hype about the expensive manufacturers is unfounded......maybe these thoughts might save some money to our beloved forum readers.

Again thanks for taking the time to answer. In this aspect I have different thoughts. It is true that cheap blades can give some interesting results, even, sometimes, better that so expensive ones.

But is like the cars, all of them will drive you from point A to B. People pay different because of confront, durability, even exclusivity. Some people also get to buy just because they trust in one brand, or they feel some affinity.

Again I’m not saying that people have to buy this blade. But still true that after testing many, this is the one that I feel confortable with.

Now I’m wondering about your setup, which material are you using now and why did you choose it? This can be useful for continuing this amazing conversation.

Regards.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024, 03:58 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
Anyway I don´t think Matador Texa carbon is a expensive blade...Expensive blade are Stiga Cybershape carbon or Viscaria ALC, Timo Boll AlC...etc

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024, 05:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I am not being funny, but 79€ plus shipping is not on the cheap side either .

It seems the idea of expensive blades vs cheap ones is very subjective.

I also agree that sometimes you need to pay $$$ for very high quality .

It would be interesting to really know how much money a manufacturer can make per single blade they sell .

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024, 05:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Diegox wrote:

Now I’m wondering about your setup, which material are you using now and why did you choose it? This can be useful for continuing this amazing conversation.

Regards.

The setup is on the description on the left handside.I think some opponents will direct you on the right path . Especially, when you lose against weaker players .

I doubt TM will be good enough against high ranked opponents .

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024, 07:59 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
I think there is a lot of expectations from equipment that are simply not true. And people always try to search for the most disturbing on this forum.

Once you reach a high enough level everybody can adept to almost annything. Equipment becomes a tool you use to execute a gameplan you come up with to beat your opponent.

You want to take the game from what your opponent likes doing to what you like doing. In my opinion this works best if you have control over what you are doing.

I'll take slower, less revearsal, more predictable over
Faster, boosted, great revearsal, ... Any time of the week. The level of equipment you can control depends in your playing level.

Manika Batra can have great control with viscaria and ox grass dtecs. I don't. I'll be much more efficient on a slower blade with pips with less reversal.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024, 09:17 
Super User

++++1 Carels.. long pips, slower, less reversal, MORE control, yes, yes, yes... for me too :up:

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024, 14:32 

Carels wrote:
I think there is a lot of expectations from equipment that are simply not true. And people always try to search for the most disturbing on this forum.

Once you reach a high enough level everybody can adept to almost annything. Equipment becomes a tool you use to execute a gameplan you come up with to beat your opponent.

You want to take the game from what your opponent likes doing to what you like doing. In my opinion this works best if you have control over what you are doing.

I'll take slower, less revearsal, more predictable over
Faster, boosted, great revearsal, ... Any time of the week. The level of equipment you can control depends in your playing level.

Manika Batra can have great control with viscaria and ox grass dtecs. I don't. I'll be much more efficient on a slower blade with pips with less reversal.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

Interesting reflection. I agree with everything you said. Maybe I will add that it is also about how do you feel with the equipment you have. The feeling gives you also a natural way to adapt. Thanks for your input.