OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024, 22:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
If your goal IS to BEAT high ranked loopers,you need to have a balanced setup ,more inclined to fh atacks when possible.The era of living off the pips/ anti performance only IS over.

I understand many forum members who use off blades to maximise both fh and pip play.However,I find it really difficult to understand how they can get consistency with such fast combos .

In my experience all round plus IS more than enough unless I use a very show pip on an off blade.

I watched very many matches where Manika Batra sent a lot of balls long missing the table,others where the trajectory from her Grass dtechs was way too high - even at an amateur level,these blocks WERE too high,let alone at a pro level.

I ONLY understand a fast Blade with a slowish pip.....just to set Up your game and twiddle or pívot for a hand attack .

I also understand the views by Diego,Carels and Ttbuddy.: Control on the pips to set Up your game Then,my theory IS right.No need for expensive pips ,even P1v for chopping is way less effective than P1r.Tell you what? No wonder many pros change the sponge and use the old p1r's.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2024, 22:57 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
charmander defender wrote:
If your goal IS to BEAT high ranked loopers,you need to have a balanced setup ,more inclined to fh atacks when possible.The era of living off the pips/ anti performance only IS over.

I understand many forum members who use off blades to maximise both fh and pip play.However,I find it really difficult to understand how they can get consistency with such fast combos .

In my experience all round plus IS more than enough unless I use a very show pip on an off blade.

I watched very many matches where Manika Batra sent a lot of balls long missing the table,others where the trajectory from her Grass dtechs was way too high - even at an amateur level,these blocks WERE too high,let alone at a pro level.

I ONLY understand a fast Blade with a slowish pip.....just to set Up your game and twiddle or pívot for a hand attack .

I also understand the views by Diego,Carels and Ttbuddy.: Control on the pips to set Up your game Then,my theory IS right.No need for expensive pips ,even P1v for chopping is way less effective than P1r.Tell you what? No wonder many pros change the sponge and use the old p1r's.
I get your view. For me I play with a very slow anti. If use a slow blade, ball won't go over the net.

But you also need a blade that enables you to put enough pressure on your opponents with an attack. Usually high rank loopers are also good a blocking or counterattacking when you give weak attacks.

For me it's always a balance between enabling a good Fh and finding a sweetspot for control with the anti or long pips. That's where the blade plays a huge roll.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2024, 06:27 

Blade: Sanwei Parla
FH: Sanwei Target National
BH: Sanwei Dizzy
Diegox wrote:
I forgot ! I must admit DR.N. Matador texa carbon and Matador texa balsa are brilliant for close to the table blocking.However,There is no need to buy such over expensive blades as there are cheaper ones which are also great for close to the table blocking.

The idea is : the hype about the expensive manufacturers is unfounded......maybe these thoughts might save some money to our beloved forum readers.

Now I’m wondering about your setup, which material are you using now and why did you choose it? This can be useful for continuing this amazing conversation.

Regards.

The setup is on the description on the left handside.I think some opponents will direct you on the right path . Especially, when you lose against weaker players .

I doubt TM will be good enough against high ranked opponents .

After this last comment I can imagine many people will get angry or will start to say that you are not right. But I’m not this kind of person, totally the oposite, I like to give the people the benefit of doubt because maybe you are right, and maybe at some point I will need to change it or not. Let say, for now is a 50/50 coin that is on the air.

But I like challenges and learn all the time, then I will try to find a really cheap and good setup and I will test it and post it in my next YT video. Then maybe I will learn something and hopefully the content will be interesting for somebody that don’t want to spend a lot of money in a racket and want good quality.

Thanks for you comments.

Regards.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2024, 06:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
My comments are based on experience with TM .Also, ask Mr Arata, who used Tm for a while.No wonder he is using Viper soft or desperado now.He stopped using it for a reason >> Decent at everything, excelling at nothing.I admit, I was caught up by the hype at the time .

My guess is that if a new pip should excel at blocking,it must be tensor, soft and with a great dampening effect.At present,the best pip for that is Giant Dragon NT but it is hard to get and expensive.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2024, 04:42 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
My comments are based on experience with TM .Also, ask Mr Arata, who used Tm for a while.No wonder he is using Viper soft or desperado now.He stopped using it for a reason >> Decent at everything, excelling at nothing.I admit, I was caught up by the hype at the time .

My guess is that if a new pip should excel at blocking,it must be tensor, soft and with a great dampening effect.At present,the best pip for that is Giant Dragon NT but it is hard to get and expensive.

I never use TM but hear that is a all round LP. This is good or bad, it depends of the hands and what you need. I prefer Desperado Reloaded.

Cheap?? You can buy a XVT ALC Dragon (seems similar to Matador Texa Carbon but too little for my taste), AK47 Blue and Globe 979 OX

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!