OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 May 2024, 08:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 May 2024, 20:38 

Ive thought about this for a while and after trying out a lot of long pips with different sponge thickness and also playing wood only it does seem like a big part of long pimples (im assuming anti spin too), is the rubber just having a lot less friction, so... why not just make a normal inverted rubber have less friction? i see no reason you wouldnt be able to do the usual defense stuff like chopping or having spin reversal (i know you can chop with inverted rubber since i also do it with my fh but it is still quite different). seems like it could be fun. I still have a bunch of slower attack rackets with inverted sticky rubber when I was starting to get better at table tennis. furthermore on that, how would I go about getting rid of the friction on the rubber? people only really look for how to make their rubbers more sticky, so this is kinda hard to get any information on. anyone here knows a way? also idc whether this is ittf legal because i dont play competitively. just interested in seeing how this would play in practice, and im assuming it must be possible in some way.

PostPosted: 01 May 2024, 23:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

draft provision in addition to the document ITTF M4.

Friction for Pimples-in and Anti topsheets.

-- For any part of the playing surface the kinetic CoF must be at least 0.25, which corresponds to sliding angle of 15° in the tests using an inclination stand.

This given provision is primarely aiming to prevent players from using substandard, worn-out rubbers far below original traction.
Attachment:
6dmu5rmlD6M.jpg
6dmu5rmlD6M.jpg [ 273.69 KiB | Viewed 690 times ]

Аny one is able to detect the unduly worn rubber

PostPosted: 01 May 2024, 23:50 

igorponger wrote:

-- For any part of the playing surface the kinetic CoF must be at least 0.25, which corresponds to sliding angle of 15° in the tests using an inclination stand.

This given provision is primarely aiming to prevent players from using substandard, worn-out rubbers far below original traction.
Attachment:
6dmu5rmlD6M.jpg

Oh, your internet must have cut my message short, how unlucky. To reiteriate, I do not care about the rules of ITTF as I am not intending to use these rubbers in competition. Please do not respond if you are trying to do anything besides providing relevant information or being helpful.

PostPosted: 02 May 2024, 00:26 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Timeattack wrote:
igorponger wrote:

Attachment:
6dmu5rmlD6M.jpg

Oh, your internet must have cut my message short, how unlucky. To reiteriate, I do not care about the rules of ITTF as I am not intending to use these rubbers in competition. Please do not respond if you are trying to do anything besides providing relevant information or being helpful.

Don't bother responding to him, he is a big troll that's all.

To asnwer your question, if you don't care about your rubbers, you can put it on the microwave, put in under a bright sun during summer, even using alcohol on the topsheet surface to aggressivly dry it out and remove some of the friction. Keep in mind there is no going back, once it's done you cannot give it more friction like it has before doing experiment on it.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 02 May 2024, 12:36 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Timeattack wrote:
Ive thought about this for a while and after trying out a lot of long pips with different sponge thickness and also playing wood only it does seem like a big part of long pimples (im assuming anti spin too), is the rubber just having a lot less friction, so... why not just make a normal inverted rubber have less friction? i see no reason you wouldnt be able to do the usual defense stuff like chopping or having spin reversal (i know you can chop with inverted rubber since i also do it with my fh but it is still quite different). seems like it could be fun.

Certainly can be fun playing around.
Keep in mind though that it's not just the friction of long pimples that give it high reversal, it's also the very low contact area. Long pimple rubbers only make contact with the ball with the tips (or side of the pips with more solid contact) of the pimples, so the contact area is very small. Inverted (smooth) rubbers make contact with the full surface, so the same level of reversal is harder to achieve.

PostPosted: 03 May 2024, 01:09 

Blade: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
FH: VICTAS 102 (ZLC side)2 mm
BH: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5m
Timeattack wrote:
Ive thought about this for a while and after trying out a lot of long pips with different sponge thickness and also playing wood only it does seem like a big part of long pimples (im assuming anti spin too), is the rubber just having a lot less friction, so... why not just make a normal inverted rubber have less friction? i see no reason you wouldnt be able to do the usual defense stuff like chopping or having spin reversal (i know you can chop with inverted rubber since i also do it with my fh but it is still quite different). seems like it could be fun. I still have a bunch of slower attack rackets with inverted sticky rubber when I was starting to get better at table tennis. furthermore on that, how would I go about getting rid of the friction on the rubber? people only really look for how to make their rubbers more sticky, so this is kinda hard to get any information on. anyone here knows a way? also idc whether this is ittf legal because i dont play competitively. just interested in seeing how this would play in practice, and im assuming it must be possible in some way.

I have tried this before out of curiosity like you. It turned out not much fun to play. It's not like any type of rubber (anti/long pips/medium pips). Just wield to play.
If you want to make one to try, it's easy to make. Buy a UV lamp like the link below. Put rubber and lamp inside a box to prevent eye contact of the UV light. It probably takes at least one day to age the rubber.

https://www.amazon.com/coospider-repta- ... mV4dA&th=1

Blade#1: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
Blade#2: Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
Blade#3: Joo Saehyuk
FH: VICTAS 102 2.0mm
BH#1: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5mm (ALC side)
BH#2: Nittaku DO Knuckle 1.4mm
BH#3: Yasaka Anti Power