OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 19:07 
Super User

Now the season has finished i found this sheet and put it on my bh,ive used it now for three sessions and im improving with it everytime.Im lucky that there is a really good defender at my club,who has been working with me,im really enjoying these sessions.What i have learned so far,i need alot more pratice with this rubber,have any of you used this rubber,how did you get on with it?

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 19:19 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

it is an illegal rubber! If the ETTF chnges the rules this year to be bound by ittf equipment lists, you can't use it. Amelie Solja used to use it before it became illegal...

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 19:56 
Super User

I was told that it passed F test,but my friend did say they were trying to ban it,how can they if it passed the test?

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 21:35 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
blocker wrote:
I was told that it passed F test,but my friend did say they were trying to ban it,how can they if it passed the test?

It was NOT banned.. Hallmark discontinued to pay the fee for the rubber as they discontinued to produce it. It WAS a rubber with frictionless tops and friction necks. I think that it would've been eliminated anyways as it violates the requirement that the striking surface has to be equal friction and the tops were clearly more frictionless than the necks..

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 22:30 
The French ConnecTTion

Pushblocker wrote:
blocker wrote:

It was NOT banned.. Hallmark discontinued to pay the fee for the rubber as they discontinued to produce it. It WAS a rubber with frictionless tops and friction necks. I think that it would've been eliminated anyways as it violates the requirement that the striking surface has to be equal friction and the tops were clearly more frictionless than the necks..

Pushblocker, I think you are a little bit mistaken.
Super Defence was the last of the frictionless pimples to be authorized after all the others were banned (Superblock, Original aso....). It was still authorized on the LARC #29 (April 1st 2008 to March 31st 2009).
The ITTF decided to ban it with the following LARC.

Blade : TSP Toccata Carbon Def
FH : Shark II 33° 2mm Black
BH : Octopus Ox red

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 23:18 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

I agree with Pushblocker, if I remember right, I was thinking of switching to this after the ban and Hallmark told me it wasn't popular and they weren't going to continue with it

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010, 23:39 
Super User

Ive been told im ok to use this rubber in the UK not sure,i might go back to my SP's

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 00:54 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Marathon Man wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:
blocker wrote:

Pushblocker, I think you are a little bit mistaken.
Super Defence was the last of the frictionless pimples to be authorized after all the others were banned (Superblock, Original aso....). It was still authorized on the LARC #29 (April 1st 2008 to March 31st 2009).
The ITTF decided to ban it with the following LARC.

My understanding is that HALLMARK stopped producing the rubber and therefore also stopped paying the fee to keep the rubber on the list.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 00:55 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

julian wrote:
I agree with Pushblocker, if I remember right, I was thinking of switching to this after the ban and Hallmark told me it wasn't popular and they weren't going to continue with it

I never liked Super Defence.. It was WAY too fast for my game anyways.. It was a really good rubber for away from the table defence but the lack of control due to the high speed made it hard to control at the table..

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 05:37 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
Pushblocker wrote:
blocker wrote:

I think Hallmark sent different samples to ITTF and both Super Defence and Orginal passed the test that time.Orginal is so frictionless that it was impossiple to past the friction test.But after the test Hallmark stopped producing Super Defence.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 18:34 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

blocker wrote:
Ive been told im ok to use this rubber in the UK not sure,i might go back to my SP's

at the moment you an use it, but the ETTA is considering falling into line with ITTF equipment rules. If they do, you won't be able to use it next season.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 21:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Your friends information was out of date and therefore wrong, sorry my bad :oops: . Here is a link to the ITTF Hallmark approved rubbers page http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf1.a ... ory=rubber

The Super Defence did pass the friction test and was on the list for a while. As has been suggested Hallmark must have stopped paying the fees so the rubber is no longer on the ITTF list.

In local league U.K you are still ok with this rubber, for the moment. If as has been speculated the ETTA adopt the rubber list next year it won't be allowed unless Swedens resolution for FLP's is accepted and Hallmark start producing (and paying the fees) for this rubber again.

Last edited by antipip on 14 Apr 2010, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010, 21:58 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Fadil Olguner wrote:
Pushblocker wrote:
blocker wrote:

I think Hallmark sent different samples to ITTF and both Super Defence and Orginal passed the test that time.Orginal is so frictionless that it was impossiple to past the friction test.But after the test Hallmark stopped producing Super Defence.

I don't know why, but "Original" was already off the list before the Frictionless Pips ban. I don't know why this was the case but I recall that it was that way. As it was not on the previous list, it ended up not being on the "banned" list which made people THINK that it was still legal but it was not on the List 29 which still had all the long pips listed (but marked as being illegal as of 7/1/2008..

http://www.ittf.com/ittf_equipment/pdf/ ... _no_29.pdf

Check for HALLMARK on the list. It has all the frictionless rubbers on it EXCEPT for Original..
This means that Original came off the list BEFORE the ban.. Therefore, it was never friction tested!