OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2010, 22:32 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Some days ago I received my new Akkadi L2 OX in red and it seems to be a bit different from the other Akkadi's I've had. The topsheet is definitely darker and less transparent and it also looks to be of better quality. Another thing is that the logo area is smaller on this one, they haven't changed the layout but thay seem to have compressed it just a little bit and added at least one more row of pips, perhaps two. I can't really say for sure if it plays differently but if it does, the difference is very small. It might be a bit bouncier but that's probably just because it's a new sheet and the other red Akkadi OX I have has been used quite a bit, and LP's tend to get slower with time.

On another note I think that the Akkadi L2 haven't got due credit on the forums, it's a very good allround LP and excellent for chop-blocking. Donic claims it to be an alternative to the frictionless pimples and it really is but you need to change your strokes a bit too. Look at how Fabian Åkerström have changed his strokes, this is how the L2 is meant to be played and I really believe him when he says that it's the best option for him on the market right now. It seems that most of the players that have reviewed the L2 is the ones that want their LP to do the work for them (IE passive disruption as I like to call it), and for that, D.Tecs is much better. For an active game however, I think that L2 is better. Chopping is really good and it can give some really heavy chops against topspin. Attacking is also really easy to do, although I almost never attack with my pimples. Blocking right off the bounce is also very good, perhaps not as much reversal as D.Tecs or Palio but IMO more control. The best pip blocker in Sweden except Fabian is also using Akkadi L2 OX on a somewhat fast blade (Stiga Energy or something like that, don't really remember) and he blocks right off the bounce with really good consistency.

After a lot of EJ'ing the last months (last year when I think about it :oops:) I think that I will settle on this setup (see sig.) as it seems to fit my gameplan perfectly. It also harmonizes a lot better with the Persson Power AR compared to the Defplay Senso as this gives me a bit more power on the forehand and also has a lot better balance and weight distribution (Defplay got a little head heavy).

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 06:33 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I wonder if these changes are connected to what Ma'man has expreienced with L1 lately (this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14227&start=0)?

Good to hear you talk about setteling and that you found something that fits your gameplan. Hmmm... wait a minute... this does sound familiar. Didn't you use the same phrase some moths ago? About D.tecs? Or was it Palio ;) Well, I know how difficult it is to fight the virus...

BTW, who is the next best lp blocker in our country? C-H W?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 07:00 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Yes, unfortunately I've said that before and it hasn't worked out as planned. Last time I felt that I should settle down was actually also with Akkadi L2 but then on my Defplay. I did settle down with a setup when I was a modern defender but ironically I changed style instead :P.

Yes, I was talking about Classe, in my knowledge he's the second best LP blocker in Sweden but I might be mistaken as I don't have much knowledge about the players in the south of Sweden.

I had another session tonight with my new setup and I feel it holds great potential as I managed to beat the top player in my team which has a extremely easy time against pips, it's probably 4 months since I beat him the last time and we face each other every week. He's also the second best player in our league (Division 2) but the best player is chinese and was brought here to be a sparring partner in a big club. He would probably be able to have a 50/50 ratio in our highest league. I think I'll need a couple of more weeks before I get used to the blade though, especially when returning serves and when pushing aggressively at the table but blocking feels really great. Forehand feels really great. A little problem with timing at this early stage though as this setup is quite a bit lighter than I'm used to and I might buy the standard version instead of the senso version as I would like a little more weight. The blade I'm using now only weigh about 71g and I would prefer a weight around 80-85g.

I will keep practicing and I will see if I can record some practice sessions and perhaps some matches too.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 16:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Have you changed both blade and rubber at the same time? Difficult task... Didn't you use L2 with sponge before? Like Fabian? Well... it seem's that you have gone the whole circle, so it must be that you've found your best setup now :)

I would'n argue about Classe, although I've never seen him play. But I belive he played good in tha last national champs. On the other hand, he play's the same division (2) as you... Where does that put you ;)

What was it that made you win against your team mate? What did you do different and has it got anything to do with your setup changeges?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2010, 18:54 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I did change the LP and blade at the same time but I've played with both Akkadi L2 OX and Persson Power AR before, just not together. I've also tried the same setup as Fabin with the Persson Power Allround and Akkadi L2 0.6mm and this is a awesome chop-blocking setup, but I lost too much control at the table when blocking of the bounce and returning serves. This setup might be interesting in the future though when I hopefully have developed my game, but that's not something I want to think about now (gotta be careful with the EJ virus).

As far as Classe goes I thought that he played in a higher Division but even if he plays in Division 2 I'm 100% sure that he's a better player than me but the difference might not be as big as I first believed. I know he had a good win/loss ratio when he played in Division 1 too and I'm quite sure I would struggle a lot on that level. I'm just not consistent enough to be playing on a Division 1 level and that's always been my big problem, I have some great wins but I also have some really bad losses.

I can't say that it was the LP that won me the game against my teammate, it never is, but he did seem to have a little more trouble with this setup compared to my old ones. I think it was the setup as a whole that let me play my game and keep a good balance between attacking and blocking. Having said that, I'm still missing a lot more with this setup just because I'm not used to the feeling of the smaller and faster/harder blade yet. I'm blocking with the same consistency but serve returns and aggressive pushing is still like Bambi on ice, but I just need to figure it out, I know it will be good when I do.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2011, 06:00 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
I find this video in youtube

Jane Karla Rodrigues
Blade: Donic waldner senso carbon
Forehand: Donic sonex Jp gold
Backhand: Donic akkadi L2

Blocking and attacking game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyjjxbw_ ... r_embedded