OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Kokutaku 911 Long pips
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2007, 14:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
As mentioned in another thread I got a sample of this rubber, both OX and with sponge. I'll be checkong this one out within the next few weeks (got a TSP to check out first).

What was really noticable about this rubber (OX) was the thick basesheet, and the high weight for an OX. The back was not as smooth as most others, but has some sort of texture...

Wondering if anyone has seen any other sheet like this, since chinese pips are sometimes based on other pips... I'll try and take some pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2007, 15:38 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

Heck! Just ordered 388D-1 today.
There's a extremely high possibility that I might have to buy this one.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2007, 15:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Why? What's the attraction about what I've described so far?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2007, 15:43 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

No no. 8)
The point is .....gotta spend a little more. Couldn't resist it.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2007, 18:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

speedplay wrote:
Awaiting pictures...

Strange that we didn't get the Lp's here... Well, just have to wait for your review whcih so far doesen't seem to be overly enthusiastic...

I've not been too enthusiastic since I just haven't had time to chekc them out. Here are some pics:

Here is a closeup of the back of the rubber:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 02:05 
Angel of Abbyss

Yes I guess what it is, the Tibhar Grass Devil have the same back. I don't have the translation, we called it "toilé" it means a kind of textile behind. It helps with glueing and reglueing the Lp.

http://www.diabolosyl.net (my own site)
http://www.tennis-de-table.com (biggest forum in France)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2007, 12:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Here is a review (google translated from german) about this rubber:

So my love, here now my test report after approx. 10h training….plays otherwise the SBS with which I compares directly.

Control: outstanding, goes everything reliably retour, up to the block on TS at the table, briefly needs special care, the burls are quite handy defense placed thereby whether short or long, very flat ball jump!!

Speed: with 0.6mm sponge on my WHICH well playable, but clearly faster than SBS, with which typical GLN the lining makes movements also nearly the same as ne GLN, nearly no conversion problems… be astonished

Cut reversal: no chance against SBS, but for ne handy absolutely OK ONE, in the long defense comes along then nevertheless properly which, one must always consider that the opponents to think one plays like always GLN, this new effect is exactly the same disturbing, flutter balls does not come not, but the cut comes with high speed on opponent side at which is also very unpleasant.

Attack: Naturally the Sahnehäubchen, all active impacts are to be played surely and dangerously, to parrieren which has Druckschupf so loved by us GLN humans naturally not as many Rummel, but is nearly a shot and with difficulty. Which one can call shot goes everything approx. 1m farther back as with SBS and CO has, one all right good possibilities for to thus attack, the employment of the Hg is here however just as importantly as with GLN

Schupfen: no conversion, goes everything well to short acclimatizing

Impacts: I must practice also still more, in any case am it cut to produce beautifully to be able ................

Result: only again in 3 weeks if point play has, still ne while time to to thus test, but I believe the 911 replace the SBS, because I can react simply more actively to everything, wait for, my decision communicate I you here
I hope which I to little help could, because nevertheless many look for an alternative for GLN, achso then come still the price ................... more cheaply gehts probably hardly, there have the GLN at all no chance -))

The translation is pretty bad, but if someone (who's german is better than Google) would like to have a go at translating, here is the link:
http://www.noppen-test.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1109&highlight=911

Last edited by haggisv on 08 Mar 2007, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2007, 13:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

The pips feel fairly stiff and are closely spaced. Tips are only slightly rough, but edges seems to have some grip.

I tried this rubber in OX, wheras the review above was for 0.6mm. This might explain why it felt so different to me...

I found the control for chopping pretty average, I just could not feel the ball sinking into the pips very much, which I personally want to feel. Spin reversal was average, although i have not tried it against a fast looper.

This rubber gets better, the harder you hit against (or with it), but is not that good on the soft shots. I guess that ties in with the firmer pips that don't bend much untill you hit it harder.

The one thing it really excelled on was hitting...it really hits like a short pip... and I was amazed how often I got the ball on...

For agressive blocking it was quite good too, but again this is not really my style of game.

I really didn't like this rubber much (except for hitting), I just didn't feel comfortable with it...so I won't do a detailed review on it... perhaps with a sponge it does play a lot better...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2007, 04:16 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Sounds not too bad for a punch block style game. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 07:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I might have to re-try this pip to see how slow it is in OX. The pips are quite stiff, and it dit not have a lot of grip... and the fact that it failed the first friction test, but passed the 2nd time would make you think the friction level must be close...

Anyone else tried this one in OX?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2008, 17:00 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

I tried it in 1mm too and didn't like it, no reversal and too much speed on my shots. Mine was red and the pip tips didn't get any texture on it.

It was as you say, you can play with this one as it was a short pip but fails on soft shots and that's a "no way" for me...

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2012, 05:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Is anyone using this LP these days? I dug a red 0.6 sheet out of my spares box where it had been purchased, briefly robot tested, and then forgotten for 18 months. Upon revisiting it I came away quite impressed. It hits and drives very well, and its chopping isn't half bad either. Pips seem durable thus far, and at $5.90 each it's no biggie to replace early and often.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 01:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
you should try it in ox,it takes the speed out of the ball like no other pip and allows you to develop your game,a good allround pip,i found it too fast with the sponge,i recently did a test(911 OX) side by side against a feint III 0.6 with a marked ball to see the spin and when chopping down a loop the spin was higher with the 911 which i didn`t expect, when the 911 was sun treated also,very good blocking and lifting

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2012, 13:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

These days I'm looking for spin variation and speed. I have 0.7-0.9mm, 1.0mm, 1.2mm, and 1.5mm versions of 911 coming from Eacheng.net. Hopefully the thicker ones won't be too heavy for my bat's target 150-155g.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 18:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Oh well, the love affair is over. Lost a pip on this sheet's second night of play, plus many partially broken at their bases. In match play tonight I had a lot of difficulty attacking dead balls with my 911 0.6, and ended up switching to P-1R 1.2 for the remainder of my matches (which I won).

Up next..
UPUPUPUP US 0.6
RITC 755 1.0
DF 1615 1.0 (new logo)
Sanwei CODE 0.5-1.0
Prasidha Long A 1.1 (revisit)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!