OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 20:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
It seems that Joo is very sick, which I believe he announced at the London Olympics. We believe he has a rare disease called: Behçet's disease. (see the Joo Se Hyuk thread here

Here is a quote from Joo after the Olympics from the Korea Times:

Quote:
Joo, 32, said he received treatment for phlegmon cellulitis. “But I thought that something went wrong since there was few signs of recovery. The initial diagnosis turned out to be wrong. Later, my illness was diagnosed as Behcet’s Disease.

“Behcet’s Disease is a chronic disease. Therefore, I had to play, tolerating the pain,” Joo said.

It would be great if we can find a way of sending him our best wishes.

As suggested by a few of us, we should collect all our best wishes, and in the mean time we'll investigate a way of getting the message to him.

So I would encourage every to post a few words to Joo here in this thread, and I'll compile them and we'll get them to him somehow. PM me if you want them to remain private.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 20:26 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Great idea! I'm sure he has plenty of fans here and would love to hear he is cared for by such a fraternity. :up:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 20:55 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

I'm all in!

However little I know about contacting Joo or his colleagues..
Probably Sir Der_Echte know better about contacting the Korean team..

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 22:16 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Well, to be the first one to send my best wishes.

"I'm Lorenzo, 25 years old. I live in Belgium. From the first time I saw you playing in an edited video of the finals of the WTTC 2003 in Paris I was in love with your game. Then I saw you in 2008 at the World Cup in Liège. You gave away a lot of signatures right before the match. You played your match against Maze: you won 4-0. You didn't even leave the court and you were already surrounded by a whole bunch of small children asking for your autograph. You signed and signed again, but there were just too many of them. Even when leaving the arena they were still chasing you. From that moment on I not only knew you were the best table tennis player I ever saw in my life, but also one of the greatest personalities I ever encountered.

I then saw you at the parking-lot together with Ryu Seung Min waiting for transport. I was one meter away from you, but I ran away, scared to ask someone I admire for a signature. I still regret that moment.

Now that I heard you were sick, I regret that moment even more. I'm still wondering: why someone admirable like you?

I wish you well, Mr. Joo, for now and in the future. I sincerely hope you still win one great title, not only for yourself, because that's something you deserve after persevering all you've been through, but also for all amateur defenders out there who wish the defensive style to be loved again.

Yours Sincerely,

Lorenzo"

I know it's more than a few words, but it's something I needed to get off my chest.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012, 22:34 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
YosuaYosan wrote:
I'm all in!

However little I know about contacting Joo or his colleagues..
Probably Sir Der_Echte know better about contacting the Korean team..

I haven't friended him on FB (not yet asked!), but Ryu Seung Min is my friend on FB. Maybe I can message RSM on FB with the link to this thread. I can also ask Nexy President, he has much better connections than I do.

JOO Se Hyuk! Fighting! Get well man!

William.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 00:43 
Super User

Joo Se Hyuk

Get well soon my friend.
Try Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine, it can help boost your immune system and provide a speedy recovery.

You need to get well soon and come back to give the Chinese a big headache with all your spin viration.
With a half fit you managed to give Team China a hard time, can't wait for the fully fit you.

Take some time off and come back stronger, just don't let us all miss you tooooo much

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 02:50 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

And here is my short message for him :) :

Dear Sir Joo,
Thank you for bringing backspin to such height in our sport.
Never to be forgotten your legacy, never to be forgotten a legend, Joo Se Hyuk.

I personally wish the best for you, your health and your family.
I believe many of my friends will too.

Never lose hope. 화이팅!!

신의 축복이,
Yosua (a fan from Indonesia).

Last edited by YosuaYosan on 17 Aug 2012, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 09:57 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku Flyatt Carbon Pro
FH: Tibhar Aurus TC-1
BH: 729 802 2.1mm
Joo Sae Hyuk
a true table tennis entertainer
Hope u will entertain us again.
get well soon.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 10:05 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Joo SaeHyuk,

I know that everyone that play table tennis, who like to play with or without pimples
Wish you the Best, We pray for your recovery, and hope to see you playing for a lot longer...

Get Well Soon...

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 16:31 

Blade: Tibhar CO-S-3
FH: Yinhe Mars v2 2.0
BH: Yinhe 955 0.8
Joo SaeHyuk,

A true inspiration and a legend with such a humble attitude, the legacy that you have already shows no bounds. You are an idol to so many including myself and it is terrible that such an illness has befallen you. I hope that you have inspired a new generation of defensive players for the sport.

Wishing you and your family all the best,

Jack, UK.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012, 22:56 
Super User

Dear, Mr Joo Se Hyuk, the first time I had the honor to watch you play was in WTTC Paris 03 and I was blown away by the beautiful style of defensive table tennis. I immediately started going to a club and decided to emulate the beautiful art that is defensive table tennis, thanks to your inspiration I was able to get a scholarship playing the sport that I love, if it wasn't for that fateful day where you rose all the way to the finals of the WTTC, I would had probably never finished college since I didin't have the means to pay for college. I hope you get well soon to have to continued honor of watching the most beautiful style of table tennis and that is the "Art of Defensive Table Tennis". You are one of a kind sir.

Best Wishes

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 01:02 
Super User

Blade: Appelgren Allplay
FH: Mark V GPS 2.0
BH: Reflectoid 2.0
I would have no idea how to contact him, but here's a short message for him:

Hello, I am a young table tennis player who absolutely loves to play and watch matches on youtube. And I have to say your matches are some of the most fun to watch. You're actually the one who inspired me to start playing a defensive game. Thank you for being daring enough to play YOUR style, not just what seems like the best style. Get well! God bless!

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 17:49 

Well thaaat is sooooooooo saad! :(
Just to check if this reaches you...

Dear Joo,

You are amazing. Out of this world! I Have no words to tell you how much i love you! Get well soon! And your medication on time! <3 You're the best player ever...
Love from Pakistan.

Regards,
Usman Haider <3

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2012, 20:52 

Best wishes for a full recovery Joo.

Watching you play in the Olympics this month has inspired me to experiment with defensive pimple play.

get well soon. Table tennis needs you Joo.

Elvar

Blade-TSP Balsa4.5,- Joola Drum CWX2.00mm fh- Snowflake 0.5 bh

Blade-TSP Balsa4.5- TinArc 2.2mm fh-Spinlord Stachelfeuer ox bh
Blade-DR NeubauerBarracade- Xiom Omega pro 2.00mm fh-TSP CurlP1r 0.5
Andro Tempa tec ar-Yinhe moon pro 2.00mm fh -Grass Dtecs ox bh
Blade-Chen Defender-Bryce 2.2mm fh - Nightmare 1.8 bh

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2012, 03:15 
Comeback Chopper

Dear Joo Sehyuk,

I was saddened to read about your illness and wish you a very speedy and full recovery.

In the 1970s, as a teenager, I was a member of the Canadian men's table tennis team. I played classical defense. In those days, I had imagined a better way of playing defense, that had included much more offense, particularly away from the table with the forehand. A serious back injury then ended my table tennis career at a young age. Last September, I returned to table tennis after being away from our wonderful sport for so many years. Shortly afterwards I started to watch you play on Youtube. It was truly incredible, as I got to see that the table tennis of my imagination, which I learned was called modern defense, was developed and perfected by you. Watching you play table tennis was a dream come true.

After 4 weeks of playing table tennis, I completely ruptured my achilles tendon. This was heartbreaking, since I knew that I would not be able to stand or walk for at least 3 months, and that I wouldn't be able to play table tennis for much longer. During my 3 months of immobility, I watched you on Youtube countless times every day. Watching you play table tennis helped to keep my spirits up, as it enabled me to focus on the style of table tennis that I wanted to play after recovering, rather than feel sad about my injury.

I visit Korea quite frequently. Hopefully, during a visit to Korea, I will have the wonderful opportunity of watching you play table tennis, and also to meet you too.

Again, I wish you all the best for a very quick and complete recovery, and hope that all of your dreams both in table tennis and in everything else in life will come true.

Steven

--------------
Returned to table tennis September 2011
Canada National Team Member, 1973-1975
--------------
1972-1987
Brickell Balsa/Birch 3-ply Blade
Yasaka Mark V 1.5mm
Joola Toni Hold AntiTopspin 2.5mm