OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 02 May 2024, 14:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 01:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Def-attack wrote:
Fabian's BH rubber is very deep and dark red, almost like blood. And it looks shiny... not like pips :o :o :o .
He wrote this on his webb in August 2015:
På väg mot vackra Växjö för säsongens första tävling. Ny klubb, nytt material, nya servar. Mycket att se fram emot. Nu kör vi!
That means: On my way to beautiful Växjö for first competition, new material, new serves. Lots of things to look forward to. Let's go!

I mailed Lars at Japsko and he said that as far as he knows Fabian is still using Dornenglanz ox. Lars will be meeting Fabian tomorrow, maybe there will be news after that :-)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 01:27 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
My guess, and it's definitely only a wild guess haha, is that he changed the blade, and this is making the pips look darker. This is a fairly recent picture (taken at the end of September) and that does not look like a Persson Powerplay anymore, because Powerplay has one of the brightest top plies I've ever come across.

On this even more recent picture it looks like a sticker on the bottom of the handle, which Donic blades doesn't have.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 04:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
. Enjoyable to watch and share with you guys...time for bed here now at nearly 3am. Was worth staying up for.[/quote]
Wow dedication of a high order!
I wonder how far we can go before objections to the darkness of the pips ,Fabians look as dark as mine did with the Toni Hold Dampening foil underneath ...another failed experiment

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 08:03 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Took another closer look at the pictures and I think it's pretty obvious that it's not a Powerplay. If you zoom in enough on the one where he has blue shirt you can see that it's pips as well, but that was a couple of months ago.

My guess would be Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive with Dornenglanz. Hope Lars can give us some more information later on.

EDIT: Another possibility is that he got a sponsorship deal with Stiga (like a ton of other Swedes) and is using one of their blades. As far as I know the Stiga blades all have a sticker at the bottom.

Last edited by auzcar on 12 Nov 2015, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 10:11 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 17:37 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Here's the full match:

http://cdn.laola1.tv/ittf/iframe/player ... sandar_SRB

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:05 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Wow, his opponent has very powerful strokes! :o What's he rated at?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

haggisv wrote:

That is Aleksandar Karakasevic, he got back to TT lika half a year ago after a long break for injury. he has the most sensitive wrist in the world of TT :) . He beat Ruwen Filus not long ago. He always plays good against defence. He is at #88 today (Fabian is at #216)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:10 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

haggisv wrote:

He's at 88 atm, but he's been as high as the 30's I think, or possibly even higher. Karakasevic has really good feeling and reads the game very well, he usually doesn't have too much problems with LP players or defenders in general. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Waldner. For Fabian to win against him I think he needs to attack as much as possible, I don't know if he twiddled even once in this match which was a bit odd.

EDIT: Too slow haha.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:25 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
I watched the video posted here. I really don't understand Akerstrom's game. He chops more than he blocks with OX, but he isn't consistent enough to defend with OX. He's going nowhere with this type of game. He's a frictionless blocker, right? Why doesn't he use frictionless anti then and stay closer to the table?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:32 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Lorre wrote:
I watched the video posted here. I really don't understand Akerstrom's game. He chops more than he blocks with OX, but he isn't consistent enough to defend with OX. He's going nowhere with this type of game. He's a frictionless blocker, right? Why doesn't he use frictionless anti then and stay closer to the table?

Agree!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 20:39 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Lorre wrote:

I agree but I'm not sure if frictionless anti is the way to go either, if he could be extremely consistent it might work but it's still not the same as the old frictionless LP's. I honestly think he was at a higher level when he was 17-18 and played with frictionless LP compared to today, or at least very close to it. If I remember correctly he had a better win/loss ratio in Sweden's highest league back then compared to the last years.

Nowadays he really plays his best table tennis when he's very aggressive with his LP on service returns and from there tries to attack as much as possible, twiddling and stepping around with his FH. I definitely agree that he's nowhere near consistent enough with his chopping to compete at this level with a more defensive game.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 21:28 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

It would be very interesting to see the results if he tried GlAnti though.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 21:33 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
auzcar wrote:
I agree but I'm not sure if frictionless anti is the way to go either, if he could be extremely consistent it might work but it's still not the same as the old frictionless LP's.

You mean reversal-/controlwise?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 21:40 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Lorre wrote:
auzcar wrote:
I agree but I'm not sure if frictionless anti is the way to go either, if he could be extremely consistent it might work but it's still not the same as the old frictionless LP's.

You mean reversal-/controlwise?

Yes, IMO they are harder to control and at the same time don't give as much reversal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next