OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2019, 01:38 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
Bobv wrote:
Had an hour and a half private lesson from a well respected coach here in the area, who does coach defenders (so rare, as is YouTube info for defenders). Among the many many things he told me, he wants me to obviously chop from further back, but also be able to vary and fire a forehand from that distance, and suggested that I may eventually want to get a faster blade to add more firepower from further back ( I play a Donic DEFPLAY senso) .

I like my blade and may eventually take his advice (he said do it down the road) but until then would like suggestions of a faster forehand rubber instead, so a higher power forehand rubber that may work for this. I currently play Xiom Vega Europe and its pretty good. Oh, and less expensive would be nice. I know that Tenergy would probably work.

Thanks!

I do not think any chinese rubber will give you enough power on the defplay blade, I played for many years with the old defplay blade and tried a lot of chinese rubbers.

Did you find one? Maybe i'll switch back to defplay.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2019, 11:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If you were wanting to try one.. try one of the high end recent ones, such as 729 Presto (several versions), or Sanwei Target Pro (again, several versions). These are in the $20-30 range.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2019, 07:22 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
If you’re athletic as hell try H3. If you’re not then try something like MX-P or T05 (with thin sponge if you still want to be able to chop). None of the other Chinese runners compares to H3. Battle II is great but is even more demanding than H3.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2019, 15:12 
Super User

Hi,

I'm surprised, that although there've been several different Chinese rubbers recommended, no ones made a mention of the Palio AK-47 Red, Yellow or Blue.... I've used the Blue, and Yellow, and I'd certainly recommend both ... The AK-47 Blue is more on the lines of the Xiom Vega Europe .. The Yellow variant is faster... The Red, is supposed to be the fastest of the 3 ...

A fellow club-mate has a Palio Macro Era mounted on a Donic Waldner All, and I play with this setup every now-n-then.... Price-for-price, this is one of the best tensors (Yes, its a proper ESN tensor) I've played it... Even on a All blade, it has enough firepower, from mid-distance (I rarely loop from afar) ....

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2019, 10:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I've tried AK47 blue. OK, it's a little faster than the cheaper Chinese rubbers (you can get it for about USD11-12) but not dramatically so. I suspect Presto, Target Pro etc. are also similar, but I haven't tried them yet, and when I have tried something yet there's at least the POTENTIAL that it's as good as the advertising makes it out to be.. :lol: Someone posted something about Presto recently, he said it was terribly grippy (not tacky). Made we want to try it, but not at the current prices. Don't know if the price will drop - they usually do, but Battle II remains expensive (for instance).

H3, by the way, is a difficult rubber for beginners to use, because it is SLOW. It has the potential for producing a lot of speed, BUT you have to be able to generate the power necessary.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2019, 19:11 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
I've tried AK47 blue. OK, it's a little faster than the cheaper Chinese rubbers (you can get it for about USD11-12) but not dramatically so. I suspect Presto, Target Pro etc. are also similar, but I haven't tried them yet, and when I have tried something yet there's at least the POTENTIAL that it's as good as the advertising makes it out to be.. :lol: Someone posted something about Presto recently, he said it was terribly grippy (not tacky). Made we want to try it, but not at the current prices. Don't know if the price will drop - they usually do, but Battle II remains expensive (for instance).

H3, by the way, is a difficult rubber for beginners to use, because it is SLOW. It has the potential for producing a lot of speed, BUT you have to be able to generate the power necessary.

Iskandar

I've played with a variant of the Presto, and it didn't feel as fast as the AK-47 Blue, and certainly not the AK-47 Yellow... Also, the AK-47s felt a lot lighter, which for me, is a huge plus...

The AK-47s, depending on the variant, are available in the price-range of $9.xx - $11.xx ... The Prestos, depending on the variant, are available in the price-rage of 9.xx - $23.xx ...

Dunno anything about the Targets, so cannot comment...

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2019, 20:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This is apparently the "hot" Presto (Presto Max Spin). Prices HAVE come down (it was $25-30 last time I looked, a couple months back).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33054391393.html

If it comes down to $15 or so I might try a sheet. Problem is, I've got too many rubbers I want to try. And these days I usually don't replace a rubber (especially if it's an expensive one) until it's worn out, and I hate having more than two bats to switch between since these days I'd rather play than test stuff. Currently playing with Three Swords Red Dragon (remember "better than Butterf-- Tenerg-" :lol: ), Tuttle Octopus (yellow) and Reactor Tornado. Still in the queue - 729 Bloom Spin and Bloom Power (I can test both on one racket I think), and Tornado V5. Of all of these I really like Tornado, but again, the differences between all these rubbers are subtle at best. The Red Dragon - I've got to say I was REALLY IMPRESSED by it - when I took it out of the package, not so much when I was playing with it.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2019, 03:33 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
iskandar taib wrote:

Great point. It is slow as hell in the lower gears but it can be extremely fast in the hands of someone that can use it well. Absolutely not for everyone but probably the best rubber there is hands down. Personally I lack the patience to treat every stroke like your life depends on it (when looping).

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2019, 21:27 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
Nittaku FastArc like the G1 is a very good rubber for FH and can be found in the 45$ range. Lots of gears and spinny and lasts for long! AK-47 Yellow/Red is also an option in case your budget is low.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!