OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 08:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
TTbuddy wrote:
I am now a much chuffed owner of a TSP Balsa 2.5 Def with Dr. N TM (Black) OX. Thanks a million Char Def for the blade and the TM. I glued a sheet of 61 Second Lightning DS in 1.8 thickness on the FH and gave the setup a try at my club today.

What an ideal setup to complement my control oriented game. With TM I was able to consistently play clever placements on service returns and also during rallies. I rarely missed! There was good reversal too but I felt it was not as significant and disruptive as Bomb Talent which I normally use. I can honestly say TM exceeds BT in the control department. It blocks very short and low and forces many errors due to the sheer slow pace. I won many a point also by serving low and close to the net with TM catching opponents out by surprise. The FH too offered great control with good feel and enough speed for me when blocking and attacking with the inverted.

Sadly there were no power loopers at the club today but the opponents I tested TM against were certainly no pushovers since they play regular competition and have many years of playing experience against varied styles and equipment. It was easy work against a friend (a pretty good attacker on both wings) who uses a Stiga offensive blade with some version of Hurricane on FH and Yasaka Anti Power on BH. I was in total control.

Against strong and consistent loopers, I presume short and low blocks from TM will not suffice as active FH play and attacks will be essential to put them under some pressure to give oneself a chance.

As an avid fun & recreational LP player I would summarize TM as being a very versatile and easy to play LP offering great control with slow speed. :up:

I look forward to testing TM further (with confidence I add) against power loopers :topspin: when they are next at the club.

I am so glad my dear friend, TTbuddy is so chuffed with Tm . It seems many of us here are enjoying how Tm performs . It appears there is a consensus with warm feelings :) . I think we have also commented some weaknesses but the truth be told ,it is just when you face a high level player that loops consistently . If I could, I would make Tm make love to DG and the ensuing offspring, let´s call it " TMDG " would be a rubber with the features of both rubbers . :lol: :lol: . I would become richer within days but in a matter of a few weeks, the ITTF would ban my rubber, why? because they would deem it dangerous to the sport . :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2019, 21:18 

Good day everyone!

Glad that so many are fond of using Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker (TM) OX. Initially, I find that it may be just another long pimple OX on the market as Carsten asked me to test and review a sample TM . However, after a couple of months of using it, it seems that its pretty OK. I have used it in a number of competitions and tournaments. Its not bad at all and I have stayed away from DTecs OX for quite a while.

I have been thinking of peeling off the glue sheet and thinking that it maybe even better. I did succeed in peeling off the glue sheet. Then put some glue on it. Unfortunately, the OX sheet folded up and stuck together, ending up I have to get a new TM OX.

Anyway, I have a video recorded in a competition using TM OX (with glue sheet) and DHS GoldArc 8 Max on a Dr.Neubauer World Champion blade for sharing. I have to say that I am not a good player, but just interested to let other TM lovers know a bit more about the capabilities of Dr.Neubauer TM OX. So, please don't laugh at me!

Enjoy! :) :) :)
PingpongStephenTai

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2019, 23:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

pingpongstephen wrote:
Good day everyone!

Glad that so many are fond of using Dr.Neubauer Trouble Maker (TM) OX. Initially, I find that it may be just another long pimple OX on the market as Carsten asked me to test and review a sample TM . However, after a couple of months of using it, it seems that its pretty OK. I have used it in a number of competitions and tournaments. Its not bad at all and I have stayed away from DTecs OX for quite a while.

I have been thinking of peeling off the glue sheet and thinking that it maybe even better. I did succeed in peeling off the glue sheet. Then put some glue on it. Unfortunately, the OX sheet folded up and stuck together, ending up I have to get a new TM OX.

Anyway, I have a video recorded in a competition using TM OX (with glue sheet) and DHS GoldArc 8 Max on a Dr.Neubauer World Champion blade for sharing. I have to say that I am not a good player, but just interested to let other TM lovers know a bit more about the capabilities of Dr.Neubauer TM OX. So, please don't laugh at me!

Enjoy! :) :) :)
PingpongStephenTai

:clap: :clap: . Thank you for sharing the video .

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2019, 04:23 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Well done, your game looked very good to me!

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2019, 06:04 
Super User

Not good but very good Stephen :clap:

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2019, 07:06 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
pingpongstephen wrote:
I have to say that I am not a good player, but just interested to let other TM lovers know a bit more about the capabilities of Dr.Neubauer TM OX. So, please don't laugh at me!

Haha Stephen is a highly regarded table tennis coach and an elite player who has competed in national and international veterans competitions.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2019, 13:43 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
mynamenotbob wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
..and the Grubba all + keeps working fantastic with both DG and TM . Thank you mynamenotbob for the suggestion at that time .

Yes I'm very happy with the Grubba blade for both DG and TM. Credit and thanks to redspot, who got me started with it.

I borrowed my team mates Gruppa all+ blade and tested it briefly with 05 and TM. It definately has different touch compared with my other blades (Joola CWX, Defplay). Somehow it reminds me of "balsa bounce", which I mean that you get very similar balls out from the blade regardless of what is already in the ball. The ball bounces allways with decent speed, which helps to clear the net and the combo is very insensitive with spin. You can also add speed with tiny movement and get decently fast ball. Balls are easy to keep low.

You said in other comment that some players "tee off" from Gruppa+TM combo. I think it's because combo gives very similar returns ball after ball. I had same kind of feeling with my Firewall+ and ox pips. The result is, you cannot work the ball much and shots like stoppers behind the net are really hard to do compared with some other blades.

I tested also Defplay with TM ox. It has hard outer ply and dwell time is short. Result is good reversal and disturbance. So while Gruppa and Defplay have closely similar speed, the end result is different. Both are insensitive to spin, but Gruppa gives much more controlled output with longer dwell and consistent catapult. Gruppa works great for passive blocking, with Defplay you must do more to keep balls low and effective.

Joola CWX, while a bit faster than Gruppa or Defplay, grips the ball more with TM, so you have to play active shot like chop blocks or sidewipes.

I will test Gruppa blade more...

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2019, 16:43 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Roy wrote:

Hi Roy. If you have a chance, also try the A. Grubba blade with DG, which I remember you using previously. Would love to get your impressions and comparisons of A Grubba + TM and A Grubba + DG.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2019, 17:17 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Roy wrote:

Hi Roy. If you have a chance, also try the A. Grubba blade with DG, which I remember you using previously. Would love to get your impressions and comparisons of A Grubba + TM and A Grubba + DG.

Yes, I will. I ordered earlier DG for the TSP reflex defence, because TM is too slow for that (slow) blade and it loses it's qualities and plays like any pip. I am also interested, how DG will disturb more...

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2019, 05:28 
Super User

redspot wrote:
MNNB,try it on Grubba All+ which provides a crispy feel(outer ply is anigre with yanka hardness of 940, excellent control and good reversal after a chop block. A forehand rubber should not be thicker then 1.7mm. Grubba All+ was (is) used by a one of the best players of our style - Stefan Kostadinovich(there are some of his games in video section of this forum).
You will be able to block of the bounce and use angles to unsettle an opponent. I like a feel of your current blade CWX but it is to bouncy as it is more suitable for chopping
and attacking from the distance.

I can confirm that Gruppa all+ blade and TM gives nice crispy feel and blocks of the bounce work really well. :up: There is usually lot of pace and balls go forward instead of jumping up, so opponents are forced to take the ball further and lower than ideal. I am also impressed, how consistent chops the combo gives. My training partners had difficulties coping with fast of the bounce blocks, that are harder to do with many other combos. The combo also takes well pace of the attacks, which is surprising, because in active played balls are fast. I had some control issues, but it's hard to say if it's just matter of getting used to the combo. But I understand why few pips players are in love with this blade... :lol:

You say that "forehand rubber should not be thicker then 1.7mm". I played today with T05 max and it was mushy. I didn't like the feel at all. I wonder if thinner sponge is needed for crispier feeling...? :?: FH feeled dead and slow while looping and fishing. My CWX FH feels like rocket launcher compared to Gruppa all+... |( I didn't get the spin I wanted for serves, pushes or loops. :sweat: Surprisingly, smashing worked really well. Somehow I feel that the blade and T05 max don't work in harmony, instead they cancel the good sides of the other.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2019, 10:46 

You need to check not only the thickness of the sponge but also the hardness of the sponge.

USATT Rating: 1682

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2019, 19:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

gdogg1 wrote:
You need to check not only the thickness of the sponge but also the hardness of the sponge.

Very true !! for me a soft sponge works better both for my pips and inverted .When I play with regular Thibar SD 40 even in 0.5 mm, due to the hardish sponge, the pips block differently-more speed-.

However, I play much better and safe with a soft sponge and between 1.4-1.7mm .Also, for me the weight is very important and thinner sponges help a lot to keep the weight as low as possible .

As we have discussed in another thread , the Fh rubber impacts a lot on the LP performance .Besides, as Gdogg1 put it, both the thickness and the hardness of the sponge must be carefully chosen so the lp pip performs at its best . :rock:

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2019, 05:13 

Also, you need to be aware of possible bottoming out if you are hitting hard with the thin sponge.

USATT Rating: 1682

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2019, 18:59 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I'm getting more and more comfortable with the two-pip approach. TM is spectacularly good against pips, anti, and players with confusing, non-standard games. The more disruptive DG works better against loopers. Your mileage may vary.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2019, 21:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
I'm getting more and more comfortable with the two-pip approach. TM is spectacularly good against pips, anti, and players with confusing, non-standard games. The more disruptive DG works better against loopers. Your mileage may vary.

Absolutely !!! that is also my experience with the 2 pip approach . :) . The same experience seems to unite some groups of players who play in a similar way . :)

I am currently testing if there is a big difference with DG when I use a 1.2 / 1.4 soft sponge on the FH .The key is to make DG slower,trying to block as close to the net as possible and trying to avoid middle range blocks as much as possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 36  Next