OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2020, 02:31 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
charmander defender wrote:
The only weakness ,imo ,is that it lacks what people call : braking effect for superfast shots.It is really difficult to block mid table and the block does land long but what you can do is to try and block the ball at net level as much as possible .

This is why I was saying above that with this rubber, it is better to take the ball late rather than early. If you try to block very fast loops off the bounce, the ball will shoot up, but if you block them by holding the blade loosely close to your body, somewhere near the table's end-line, you will get a low ball with pretty good spin reversal. Even better, of course, is if you can do a chop-block in the same location, which will result in the very nasty, high underspin return.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2020, 23:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
The only weakness ,imo ,is that it lacks what people call : braking effect for superfast shots.It is really difficult to block mid table and the block does land long but what you can do is to try and block the ball at net level as much as possible .

This is why I was saying above that with this rubber, it is better to take the ball late rather than early. If you try to block very fast loops off the bounce, the ball will shoot up, but if you block them by holding the blade loosely close to your body, somewhere near the table's end-line, you will get a low ball with pretty good spin reversal. Even better, of course, is if you can do a chop-block in the same location, which will result in the very nasty, high underspin return.

Yes, you are very right . I have been trying to chop block and this is the shot to go for.I also agree that if you just do passive blocking on that kind of shots the ball pops up ,thus, making things easier for your opponent .

The chop block from the bh corner does send heavy underspin and been practising it in all my sessions here.Even when you block on the fh corner- the so called chicken wing block- the ball does land with great reversal. So far durability has been of no concern for me ,thanks to zero hitting.

Marder 1.2 and Marder 1.0 go great with the pips .I play consistently with both but 1.2 is better for attacking imo.Marder is too slow for attacking but we cannot have the best of both worlds,can we?

Ttradesman is spot on in all his comments of this rubber and I concur with all of his observations.As for pushing, the very soft pips are much better than those of DG,however,I still think DG is way more disruptive,meaning that the opponent will make more mistakes when relooping . I don't mean 77M is harmless but if you ask me which is the more disruptive of the two,DG is still one of the most disruptive pips despite its poor durability.77M is more versatile , I think , overall ,it shines in all departments; however,DG is weaker than 77 M for pushing no spin balls .

Another feature I have mentioned is the fact that this rubber does not need to be broken in so you can see what it can deliver.On the other hand, DG needs quite some time to really start seeing great results.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2020, 01:47 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Yes, you are very right . I have been trying to chop block and this is the shot to go for.I also agree that if you just do passive blocking on that kind of shots the ball pops up ,thus, making things easier for your opponent .

I found that even PASSIVE blocking worked against hard, fast loops when you take the ball late (near your body) with a loose grip with this rubber. But the blade may make a difference here....

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2020, 21:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TraditionalTradesman wrote:

I found that even PASSIVE blocking worked against hard, fast loops when you take the ball late (near your body) with a loose grip with this rubber. But the blade may make a difference here....

Yes,it works as well but for me chopblocking is more comfortable mind wise since every time you get a fast loop you need to change the grip so mentally, it must be distressful.

Also,when serving low fast no spin balls to the bh corner ,it makes trouble and you can get an extra point easily.

Luckily, I can also train with a Bomb Talent user.In the pip rallies 77 M is safer,however,accurate, active ,speedy pushes to the corners is a winner for BT.What we have discussed previously is the fact that BT is similar to Aggressor in the sense that you need tons of training so the rubber won't dominate you but once you get the hang of it,BT is a great rubber .

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2020, 20:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Been trying different sheets in red .There are some differences in speed as some are noticeably faster. I don't really like this.

Also,I still do find DG more disruptive,much more difficult to reloop ; however,I can come back to DG at any time.

I will keep training with it for some weeks to see if usage makes it perform better.