OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2020, 22:34 
Super User

Hi I am a chopper attacker at rating 1850 Danish rating. (around 1950 US rating )

I am looking for a new blade for a chopping counterattacking style.
i use the following at the moment :

Joola Chen Weixing
Tenergy 05 2,1 Black
Tibhar Dtechs ox, red

I am looking for a oversized blade for an chopping and attacking away from the table.
I like the speed on the FH of my current blade, but find it too fast for my bh.

I have tried the following :

Donic Defplay too flexy
Joo Se Hyuk Too hard and fast ( and heavy )
Victas koji matsushita Too slow and dead on the FH side
Tibhar Power defence A little too slow

I am looking at the following :
Sauer & Trôeger Firestarter
Sauer and Tröeger Zeus (

I really like a 2 speed blade, is there a 2 speed blade that attacks and chops very well ?
I dont like balsa blades !
I cannot see any reviews of the Zeus blade, can anyone compare the Zeus to any of the other blades i have tried ?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2020, 20:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Seems you should consider Victas Koji M off or similar. That should be somehing between Koji Matsushita and Joo. I think Ma Te uses that blade. Perhaps also Muramatsu (or if he had his own blade).

You could also consider an allround blade like Stiga Allround Classic och BTY Korbel (Gionis still uses that, a very nice blade). Those blades are a lot cheaper but will do the job just fine.

Aren't most combi blades made for blocking close to the table? And not for chopping?

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2020, 21:03 
Super User

why not to change the pips on BH?..to get a slower one, with some sponge, there are many.......
...or harmonize yourself to chop with ox GrassDTecs on BH...
..feels like if Chen Weixing blade is ''fast'', if Joo blade is ''fast'', Koji Matsushita Off 'll be ''fast too...because Grass Dtecs is not ''slow''..and specially when OX it bottoms ultra up.
Another option; keeping Grass Dtecs and using a ''slow'' blade like Dr..Neubauer Barricade Def, Tibhar CO-S or similar like and for FH using a rubber faster than T05, a Joola ACC or AGG may be...
I'd go with Chen Weixing and changing BH rubber...or Koji Matsu.OFF and changing BH pimpled rubber with a slower one, like AGENDA, Curl P1r, Feint Long 3 , 2, Stiga Vertical 55...
But the main point is to harmonize ourselves..

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2020, 02:35 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Definitely try the VKMO blade. It's faster than the VKM but not JSH-fast.

At the moment I am switching back and forth between my tried-and-true VKMO and the new Diode V. On the forehand side they are equally fast, maybe 5% difference. But on the BH side, the Diode is noticeably faster.

You may also want to try pips on a thin sponge. They won't be so sensitive to the hardness of your blade(s).

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2020, 05:10 
Super User

+1 for the VKMO ...

Some other notable mentions would be ..

Yihne 980
[*]Sword 309

If you're looking @ combi Defense blade, then TSP X-Combi defense, I hear, is quite nice .. Not, sure, if its available easily ..

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2020, 23:05 

I play with VKM and max inverted on forehand and LP Torublemaker 0,5 backhand.

Its the best setup I ever had, right amount of power for loops and just right amount of speed for the backhand, both in attack and in chops and blocks.

Kind regards
Holyfield

Andro HD 2,0
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2020, 01:38 
Super User

VKM is great! Specially if you are a relatively less counter attacking attacking-defender. If you counter attack more than once in a while then, VKMO.
However I'd go with Hadrawshield instead of VKM.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2020, 14:29 
Super User

Is the VKMO blade available, in any weight, lighter than 85gms ? The ones I've played with or seen, all seem to be 90+gms..

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2020, 20:09 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
ootbs wrote:
Is the VKMO blade available, in any weight, lighter than 85gms ? The ones I've played with or seen, all seem to be 90+gms..

I don't believe so.

I have three of them at the moment, and I had one more in the past (sold it to pgpg, back when I was EJing a bit). The ones I have are all 94-96g. I think the one i sold was around 90g

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2020, 02:15 
Super User

Any blade, similar in playing characteristics as VKMO, but just a lot lighter.. Around 80gms ?

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2020, 07:13 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Part of what makes it heavier is the harder woods and larger thickness. Getting down to 80 grams would mean lighter wood or thinner composition, maybe both. Each of those result in a different feel. Closest might be the victas murumatsu which I've had as light as 84 grams.

You may need a custom blade with composite material. I've got some custom blades with basalt, zlf, etc. Under 90 and some below 80 st about 6.0mm

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2020, 17:22 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:
Part of what makes it heavier is the harder woods and larger thickness. Getting down to 80 grams would mean lighter wood or thinner composition, maybe both. Each of those result in a different feel. Closest might be the victas murumatsu which I've had as light as 84 grams.

You may need a custom blade with composite material. I've got some custom blades with basalt, zlf, etc. Under 90 and some below 80 st about 6.0mm

Yes, I understand that it's the composition of the blade, along with the number of plys, that make a blade heavy or light... Which is why I asked if there is any other blade that offers similar playing characteristics as the VKMO...

I really like the VKMO ... I've played with it, with LPs like Yinhe Neptune, 388D-1, and even D.tecs, and I like pretty much all the combos, especially the one with D.tecs.. Same with the inverted side.. Seems to work well for me, with Omega Pro, T05, etc. ... Sadly, while I'm fine to play with for 1-2 games, the weight makes it prohibitive for longer play-time.. I'm forced to use lighter setups, due to issues with my shoulder, elbow & wrist..

I have a brand new sheet of D.tecs lying around, and am looking for a light-weight inexpensive blade to pair it with.. Had it not been for the weight (and to an extent the cost), it would be my first choice.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!