OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2023, 17:29 

Dawg15 wrote:
Ok so I got that sheet of blue Dornenglanz last night and had a quick session with it. I even played against it for about half the session (switching between blue and red on the same type blade) and I have to say it plays very close to the same. While playing it I couldn’t really tell a difference but while playing against it (topspin to block with dornenglanz) there is still plenty of reversal imo. I had to lift the backspin slightly more with the red but blue still comes back with decent amount. Time will tell with more sessions but considering the blue is a new sheet and the red has many hours on it, I think it’s pretty good. I’ll post back once I get more hours on the blue sheet and play against some heavier loopers.

Thx for feedback. It seems that only color is change. The rest is in our imagination ;)

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2023, 22:05 
More Block Than Bite

TTnightmare wrote:
I’ve now had a few months with Dornenglanz ox (blue) playing four times a week which I think is sufficient time for the rubber to play at its optimum. Easy rubber to play with and unfortunately to play against. It really isn’t in the same class as grass dtech. Every opponent thought it was easy to play against as the reversal/disturbance just isn’t there. Yes you can hit better with it but that’s not the priority for me with a long pimple. Experiment over back to dtech.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Just curious what blade you had Dornenglanz on?

I have an old sheet of DTecs that doesn't get much play time bc I love Dornenglanz so much. I don't know which LP has the most reversal, but red Dornenglanz has worked for me for a good while so no complaints here. The jury is still out on the blue. To each their own. Thx

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

Last edited by Dawg15 on 11 Feb 2023, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2023, 23:18 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
TTnightmare wrote:
I’ve now had a few months with Dornenglanz ox (blue) playing four times a week which I think is sufficient time for the rubber to play at its optimum. Easy rubber to play with and unfortunately to play against. It really isn’t in the same class as grass dtech. Every opponent thought it was easy to play against as the reversal/disturbance just isn’t there. Yes you can hit better with it but that’s not the priority for me with a long pimple. Experiment over back to dtech.

That's was said by Spinlord, not same disruption nor reversal like red or black....

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2023, 08:48 
More Block Than Bite

Dawg15 wrote:
I'll try to post a pic when I get home so everyone who is interested can see the color of them.

I tried posting a pic but it says the file is too big. Anyone know how to reduce the size or post a pic from your phone? Thx

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2023, 16:00 

Dawg15 wrote:
Dawg15 wrote:
I'll try to post a pic when I get home so everyone who is interested can see the color of them.

I tried posting a pic but it says the file is too big. Anyone know how to reduce the size or post a pic from your phone? Thx

You can use this app online

https://squoosh.app/

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2023, 05:30 
More Block Than Bite

Here we go

Attachments:
702CD35F-F0A7-4340-9217-2B277D9D2A95 2.jpg
702CD35F-F0A7-4340-9217-2B277D9D2A95 2.jpg [ 652.5 KiB | Viewed 937 times ]

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2023, 16:34 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Thought dornenglanz was only ox

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2023, 22:31 
More Block Than Bite

Carels wrote:
Thought dornenglanz was only ox

You are correct. That is a .06 zero air sponge that I added. it's not like other sponges really, it's more of a hard foam that compresses slowly. To me it works great with long pips to slow things down against very fast players and doesn't sacrifice much reversal due to the hard texture. Comes in .06, 1, 1.2, 1.5, & 2 mm. I've tried .06 and 1 mm and find .06 is what I prefer if not playing OX.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2023, 22:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
If you don't attack with DG,chances are the pips will last longer.Maybe,that sponge might help with durability since if you use a glue sheet with DG, the probability of increasing durability will be way higher than if you just use water based glue .

Therefore,your tests with blue DG should be in ox to really determine both playability and durability

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2023, 22:58 
More Block Than Bite

charmander defender wrote:
If you don't attack with DG,chances are the pips will last longer.Maybe,that sponge might help with durability since if you use a glue sheet with DG, the probability of increasing durability will be way higher than if you just use water based glue .

Therefore,your tests with blue DG should be in ox to really determine both playability and durability

I agree. I plan to remove the sponge this weekend but I do hate doing that as I’ve ruined LPs in the past when they ripped or glued to itself when it folded lol. We will see how it goes. I don’t use glue sheets these days, just regular water based glue.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2023, 05:38 

Dawg15 wrote:

I agree. I plan to remove the sponge this weekend but I do hate doing that as I’ve ruined LPs in the past when they ripped or glued to itself when it folded lol. We will see how it goes. I don’t use glue sheets these days, just regular water based glue.

We remove sponge like this, look like we remove sponge on tibhar grass dtecs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H13wAF4ppCc

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2023, 05:51 
More Block Than Bite

CzopiarzePL wrote:

This is great! Thank you very much for sharing. I have a sheet of Dragon Talon with factory sponge I have tried to remove in the past to no avail lol. I will give this a try. Should have no problem with DG as it's not a factory sponge, as long as I don't pull to hard and rip it lol. It's very thin. Thanks again.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2023, 00:52 

Dawg15 wrote:
CzopiarzePL wrote:

This is great! Thank you very much for sharing. I have a sheet of Dragon Talon with factory sponge I have tried to remove in the past to no avail lol. I will give this a try. Should have no problem with DG as it's not a factory sponge, as long as I don't pull to hard and rip it lol. It's very thin. Thanks again.

No problem ;) I record this movie long time ago, From that time I removed sponge from many pimples rubbers in the same way. Only pimples from butterfly from my advance are difficult to remove sponge, also yasaka. From the rest brands I don't have any problems using this method.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2023, 22:30 
More Block Than Bite

Dawg15 wrote:

I did end up removing the sponge over the weekend and reglued to the same blade. Haven't had much time to test it since so can't comment on how it plays yet. Should get some play time tonight.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2023, 22:59 

Dawg15 wrote:
Dawg15 wrote:

I did end up removing the sponge over the weekend and reglued to the same blade. Haven't had much time to test it since so can't comment on how it plays yet. Should get some play time tonight.

do you use our idea to remove the sponge> from the movie?