OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: donic 40 anti spin
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008, 05:42 

coming off frictionless sb,i found so far the donic 40 best for spinny serve returns providing you use a topspin action. the surface has a nice grip to it best with 1.5 sponge for my block and attack game with twiddle.it is easy to use not like some new antis out there, were too much thinking destroys your game.waiting for new toni hold to come now.

barricade def, komann speed-2mm, donic 40 anti spin

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008, 10:32 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I just had a hit against a beginner level player who's trying out anti for the first time (he used to use Inferno frictionless long pips), and I'll tell you, it's really slow. He has trouble controlling the pace of a lot of shots, and he was using a backup blade, which is much faster than his primary, and he was able to take many of my faster/spinnier loops and drop them onto the table. The ones with sidespin that I gave him actually took the sidespin and curled it away from me when he blocked. He's also tried out the Peacekeeper OX pips and likes those too. I don't think you'll get much spin out of Mirage, but if you want slow, Mirage certainly is that. Considering he's never used anti in his life and in 15 minutes was dropping hard loops onto the table, I'd say an experienced user of anti could really love it.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008, 04:33 

just got it played one good session with it. best anti i,ve ever used yet (am 61)speed about same as sb. can keep ball short and low,good against top spin and spinny serves--used on b/hand with a top spin action against most serves.only snag so far with it cant hit hard like with sb,will learn this though. got the dampening material as well dont need it yet, does anybody know what effect this would have on this rubber.only played against good top spinner and anti spin player and a chopper, and a short pimple player. i twiddle also.

barricade def--- komann speed-2mm---toni hold antitopspin ox.

Post subject: antis tried and rejected
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2008, 04:42 

all hallmark and the good doctors(can never spell his bloody name) they were too fast against good loopers. neo anti also too fast unless you attack everything and put up with loosing to good loopers.nothin beats sb but thats history now.its the new toni hold for me till the next revoloution happens.(the german will sort it eventually).if not its cyclin and bloody golf for me again.

Post subject: donic against mirage
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2008, 01:44 

the donic is a good attacking anti spin but a good looper will kill you as it is too fast. the mirage is slower but still too fast.bouncing a ball on the racket is not a judge of speed in a play situation my new toni hold bounces higher than mirage but plays slower and more contollable. its a good loop killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2008, 14:58 
Super User

If you are looking for a good slow anti-spin rubber that also has good speed and spin reversal (or good spin continuation, depending on how you choose to use the terms) consider Butterfly Super Anti. If you are looking for a very slow anti-spin rubber then consider Butterfly Super Anti Special. This stuff is really slow!

Saviga V 0.6

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2008, 05:10 

had another session with the new toni hold, this is a reliable rubber, getting to hit better with it and even took balls early off the table that had heavy top spin on. speed is slow but good for my game pressuring opponents into rushed shots.will probably look into bty anti special though if it is as slow as claimed(what sponge is the slowest on it?)must reccommend the toni rubber as a sb replacement as it is so consistent.

Post subject: My opinion
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2008, 23:46 

DONIC ANTI A 40.

- easy to use
- not a real anti
- real floating balls after a short training