OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Andro Roxon 450 1.8mm
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2008, 20:01 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Im playing with Roxon 450 1.8mm for month and half as well try this rubber on 8 different blades
1 ply WRC,1 ply kiso hinoki,5 ply kiso hinoki,aramid-carbon Control,,Joola R*1,Juic Air large all Offensive blade and on the end on Primorac off- and Donic Appelgreen allplay senso V2 my conclusion and the best choice to my taste is Roxon450 on allaround blade with medium hard feel. This combo results in incredible speed and spin and fantastic control and precision specialy in fast relayes and countering spini loops.
Spin on service is great as well pushing in short game another thing its wery efective on chooping mid distance and away from table.
I tryed out donic platin and platin soft as well Joola express two and neither of this rubbers comes close to Roxon in ratio with short and fast play as well Roxon is spinier then other three rubbers as well faster.
Durability is wery good as after month and half of use 4-5 times a week rubber performs like new.I didnt notice any loos of speed or spin.
One thing is Roxon doesnt feel ok on soft blades like mine 1 ply hinoki or with simular feel as all together has way to soft and mushi feel
Roxon 500 is even faster to fast for my likeing even on allaround blade.
I try Roxon 450 in all three thicnesses 1.8/2.0/2.3 or max and 1.8 is the one that provides me with grat speed/spin and high control at the table mid distance as well away from table looping or choping

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 02:05 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I know you've done lot of work and spent a Shipload of money to come to this conclusion purger. Seems like a very systematic way to have gone about it. Instead of doing what most people do and select a blade they like and try to different rubbers to find a match, you've pretty much chosen a rubber and moved it around blades. Expensive...I'd reckon. Effective? Seems so. I think between you and me we could open a TT shop in competition with Haggisv :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 04:09 
Super Looper
Super Looper

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
I know you've done lot of work and spent a Shipload of money to come to this conclusion purger. Seems like a very systematic way to have gone about it. Instead of doing what most people do and select a blade they like and try to different rubbers to find a match, you've pretty much chosen a rubber and moved it around blades. Expensive...I'd reckon. Effective? Seems so. I think between you and me we could open a TT shop in competition with Haggisv :lol: :lol:

Shop you recon LOL :D Money wise I dont lose to much as I keep blades in mint condition and seel them so loss is not that bad and is fun to try out difeent blades and rubbers.
Roxon is real deal and at the moment none of others can come close for my taste :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 07:21 
Super User

thanks for helping to shore up the economy purger. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 12:32 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

i'm with you somewhat on this.

I've been using roxon 450 1.8 for a good 3-4 months - i went from bryce FX to this and found that the comfort of the roxon on my BLAX OFF is amazing. the 1.8 as opposed to max an 2.0 gives it much more of a natural feel - you've got control and speed which naturally occurs in the rubber.

The blax has carbon crossbeams through it - so it's a very stiff blade, - before this i was using it/bryce on the Donic Persson - and changing over to carbon as opposed to glass fibres has made it absolutely fantastic.

all in all...I agree.

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 16:39 
Super Looper
Super Looper

SuperHappyFunSlider wrote:
i'm with you somewhat on this.

I've been using roxon 450 1.8 for a good 3-4 months - i went from bryce FX to this and found that the comfort of the roxon on my BLAX OFF is amazing. the 1.8 as opposed to max an 2.0 gives it much more of a natural feel - you've got control and speed which naturally occurs in the rubber.

The blax has carbon crossbeams through it - so it's a very stiff blade, - before this i was using it/bryce on the Donic Persson - and changing over to carbon as opposed to glass fibres has made it absolutely fantastic.

all in all...I agree.

Thanks for aggreing with me mate.
Blax was my favorite blade for long time to. An litle correction crosbeams are not carbon they are ayous
here is link that explains http://www.andro.de/en/hoelzer/blax-off.php
Sorry mate :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009, 06:02 
Super Looper
Super Looper

speedplay wrote:
Thought I might as well share my view of the Roxon 450 here instead of creating a new tread about it.

Rubber to try: Roxon 450, max thickness, black.
Tired it on: Dawei Wavestone, solid handle.

First of all I need to mention, this was an old sheet, so it might have performed a bit different when it was new.

Serve: Coming from tacky rubbers, I expected to lose a lot of spin on my serves, but actually, Roxon was pretty good for serving. Almost as good as my tacky rubbers and a lot better then Juic Nano Canon that I used on the other side of the blade.

Short game: Worked very well with the Roxon 450, easy to create and variate spin with. Had a soft feeling to it and it almost felt like I could make a split second decision on what to do with the ball. Superb control!

Blocks: I'm a lousy blocker and Roxon couldn't help me with this. Still, I think it worked better for blocks then most tacky rubbers, but for blocking I would actually prefer the Nano Canon. Less sensitive to spin and higher rebound speed then the Roxon.

Hitting: Really, this isn't what this rubber is intended for, still, it hits pretty well but if you are aiming for a hitting game, there are several other rubbers on the market that hits better.

Opening loop: Once again, almost as easy as doing it with tacky rubbers. I had no problems adjusting to it and managed to open up with it pretty well, a lot better then the Nano Canon, on par with the 999 Elite Nano.

Looping: This was the true joy with this rubber! I felt like I could counter loop till the cows went home! Al right, they would have to go home sooner then usual for this to be true, but the rubber really excelled in this department. Great spin which created a nice kick on the ball once it bounced.

Speed: I actually expected it to be a little faster then it was, cause I felt that although it was (a lot!) easier to loop with then the Nano Canon, I felt that the Nano Canon had more speed on the mid distance loops then the Roxon had. I would say that it was somewhere inbetween Nano Canon and 999 Elite Nano when it comes to speed. Could be due to age, so I'll leave this one open.

Over all impression, I'm impressed with the rubber, it felt very lively and provided me with some of the feelings I used to get from speed glue. I would say that I prefer this rubber over Stiga Boost TC, but that might be unfair since this rubber was tried on my Wavestone and the Boost TC I tried on a Stiga blade, that is to stiff for me, so some of the credit might be because of the blade used.

How ever, if you are either a close to the table or mid-distance looper, I think this rubber would be an excellent choice. Really easy to play with, felt rather forgiving and provided enough both speed and spin to win points, at least at my level.

Nice review Speedy,

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009, 06:21 
Super User

@ Speedplay is this compared to unglued nano cannon and nano elite?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009, 20:48 
I am Legend
I am Legend

IMO, the majority of tensors work far better on something stiff than flexible. Don't mistake this for soft/hard though, as I found it worked equally well on my TBS & Mizutani (Very stiff, soft feel) as my Acoustic and Sawtech AR (stiff, medium to med hard).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009, 22:10 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Wavestone: Very very stiff. Very soft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009, 22:12 
The Twiddler

I can also give my thumbs up for this rubber. I choice the 2mm version as I'm using a slow defensive blade, however everything that has been said is true. It's a really great rubber for creating spin and especially for looping. The control is superb, there is a lot of feel to it and placing balls around the table is easy.

I used to use the Andro Plasma range (380, 430 and 470) all of which were good on the right blades, but Roxon has moved this on a step now and there is a marked difference in it's performance over it's predecessors.

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 08:43 

was googling 'Roxon 450' by luck found a forum here. :lol:

I am chinese origin as well as a Pingpong freak living in Germany, wandering in some chinese TT forum day by day mostly in the equipment section.

So funny that you people discussing TT equipment same way as our chinese, testing report and so on as well as arguing and fighting... ...

Anyway, just want to say a hello to you guys. And would like to visit your post regularly and maybe import some articles from chinese TT forum for reference and discussion.

Last edited by Luping on 10 Jan 2009, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 09:20 

speedplay wrote:
You are welcome Luping, I hope you enjoy this place and share your experience here!

thank you Speedplay! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 13:29 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
This thread seems to have metamorphisised from Roxon to Dawei, but I guess that's nothing new for our threads here lol. I actually think the conversation is an interesting one in regard to brand standing/quality. I don't think Purger meant the entire Dawei range was for beginners as such as he even praised the DC-20. But I do agree that Dawei tends to make more of the low end stuff than say an Xiom or Andro. Butterfly is a marketing monolith and so makes both ends of the range to extract as much money as it can from beginner to pro. In fact, I think probably most the TT companies had made a lot of higher end stuff, so the chinese companies like Dawei and Galaxy probably found producing lower end stuff to be more of a niche. However we know Galaxy has quickly ramped up into some higher end stuff as well and puts pretty good quality into everything they make. I'm not sure the same can be said for Dawei, although they definitely have some good products like the Inspirit rubbers for example.

I can't comment on the Wavestone as I've never even held one in my hands, letalone hit with one. I do have a Dawei blade in my stock still wrapped in plastic and its a cheapy. Looks cheap, feels cheap, was cheap. Doesn't cast across their whole range of course. I have a friend with a Dawei blade and rubbers and when he tried the Donic Dima with Bty Tempest and Andro Cor2 Emotion, he was drooling. So there probably is something in what Purger said about superior brands. Leeroy off this forum, played with my HK after having tried a good dozen other blades, that were mainly Galaxy with a Bty i there, and he was drooling over the HK. Mars on the other hand found nothing special about the HK (probably cos it didn't have dual inverted on it lol), mainly because his Stiga Hybrid Wood is a high quality blade with a feel that he particularly likes.

So I say that while some brands do represent a higher quality choice with more likelihood of better feel, feel does come down to personal choice. However, I think we may get to liking the feel of something simply because we have not experienced the feel of something better. And that's a big part of why we EJ. Because we know there's likely to be something out there that "feels" better. And there probably is. Speedplay just hasn't found the thing that feels better than his Wavestone to him yet (and he hasn't tried a HK either lol), and if he may never do. Not because there isn't something out there, but the something may never be within his accepted price range (which is fair enough we all have limits) or simply because it never passes his way.

And relating back to the topic of this thread, it seems there is a stack of blades you can whack the Roxon on to give that blade a great "feel". Mars has it on his Stiga and it does feel great. Chris has it on his Best of 5, a totally different blade, and he swears by it. I dare say if you whack it on a Wavestone it'll feel good too. What I'm saying is that its possible to make a blade feel good by the rubbers you use on it as well. Its not all about the blade. Mind you, I doubt if I put Roxon on the Dawei blade I have would it feel good. I only bought the blade to sell to someone who wants a cheap bat lol! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 18:29 
HE-LP on land or sea

To me, one of the nicest feeling blades I've ever played with was the Genote S w/ spungfeder g3 and Insprit Quattro UL 40 (mambo like first batch that I like more then the current one). I thought it was amazing, but was wedded to my "superior" bty blade, and sold it to a kid.

Yasaka YEO
FH : Nittaku H3 Neo
BH : VEGA PRO MAX
Go Chicago White Sox!