OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 01:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I bought the LKT Loopsonic with the transformer feature off ebay before I really started to EJ. I used it for a few minutes maybe 15 months ago and tossed it aside. It was pretty fast but uncontrollable as the LKT Recoil rubbers it had on were almost anti (although they are ITTF aauthorised).

I took the rubbers off and sealed the blade maybe a year or more ago, intending to give it a try with some decent rubbers on it. Never got around to it... until tonight.

I picked it up and glued on a sheet of Rapid Soft I got a month or so ago and put the Ox Palio I got on the other side. So I started mucking around with it against the training board. Now I had the Rapid Soft on the T-8 and it felt a bit slower than I hoped it would, but with good spin. On this Loopsonic blade, it is a lot faster than on the T-8. :shock: The spin is still there, so it makes for a very good looping (and hitting) blade. It was as cheap as chips when I got it (won on ebay for about $16 or 18AUD delivered I think). It has 2 layers of quite thick carbon in it, yet it doesn't feel too bad. I think the rubber softness is helping here. Mind you not on the Ox side and it still doesn't feel bad off that side either. I was hitting flat drives off the Palio and they were quite controllable and with good pace.

I would definitely rate the blade in the OFF+ area. And I can't think of any setup I have had that I would say it pales in comparison to. I don't think I could even say the HK or Cayman feel terribly superior to it (just a different feel thats all). Its quite a thin blade measuring at or just under 5mm. I did have a go with Tango on it as well and it was slightly faster than the Rapid Soft, but the speed was almost ridiculous. The Rapid Soft was plenty. The really amazing this is this setup is generating all this power without a Tensor needed and weighing in at a meager 141 grams! My Cayman setup is 5g heavier and doesn't have quite the same power with a tensor on it.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to have a real hit with this tomorrow night at comp, but I am quite stunned what a little surprise package this blade is for what it cost. I think if I was given the T-8 and the Loopsonic without knowing which was which, I'd choose the Loopsonic.

As for the transformer part to it, while I have a key to move it around I hardly expect it to make much difference to how it plays, but I might fiddle with that too. Who knows maybe there are further surprises instore lol.

I doubt if I'll start using it in preference to the Cayman or the HK, but you just never know! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I thought it was worth mentioning this, because if someone is looking for a cheap way to get a fast setup, then buying this bat and replacing the rubbers with Rapid Series rubbers would not be a bad way to go!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 02:52 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
replacing the rubbers with Rapid Series rubbers would not be a bad way to go!

Got me a couple of rapid rubbers: soft & sound... put them both (all red) on the HK and was quite surprised that I'm doing not bad with them both... At first I like sound on the fh but now i'm not so sure... I changed sides between games and both worked just fine...

OK, back to the blade being discussed... Isn't the Loopsonic a premade blade? I don't even know if they're selling it here...

Will wait to hear more about it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 16:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

That's the AMAZING thing about it Rok, it is a premade and yet the rubbers came off easily and the blade is way better than any premade I've felt before. That's why I did this write-up, because its so unusual to find such a blade in a premade. And I had it all this time and didn't realise.

How come you didn't get a red and a black Rapid?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2009, 17:39 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
How come you didn't get a red and a black Rapid?

Because I'm looking for red/bh rubber alternatives... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2009, 07:12 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Cole threw in a Loopsonic with an order and I tried it out before I gave it to a rec player. (nice to be a Soldier overseas these days) That one felt OFF - to OFF speed and yes, those rubbers weren't exactly the grippiest things on the planet. I'd say you did well to get it, if even only for the blade, which is easily worth that price. Yes, I have NEVER seen a premade come off easy - always a pain in the butt AND the thumbs (rubbing the thick glue crap off) every time.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2009, 08:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
We've had some issues with loopsonic bats... quite a few of them had rubbers that had lost all their grip... this is not normal as the recoil rubber is obviously quite grippy from some of the others we have... We've obviously stopped selling the ones with rubber that have no grip.. the rubber are faulty IMO...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2009, 13:31 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Yes, the rubbers are definitely dodgy, but the blade is worth every penny without the rubbers. And I suppose the rubbers could always be used as anti! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2009, 16:58 
Chinese Forum Spy

Actually that'd be awesome! I might just get one with so little grip on it to fool the ranked players in my comp hahahha. How easy is it to remove the rubbers usually? Or is Reb's case the norm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009, 17:48 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

it it were to cost as much as instinct+, which would you get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009, 23:15 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

rokphish2 wrote:
it it were to cost as much as instinct+, which would you get?

Absolutely worth it. Its at least equal to a T-2 in class and I'd even say it outclasses the T-8. Better blade than Instinct+ by a country mile IMO. Faster and can have rubbers with good spin and still maintain excellent speed. It feel weird calling a blade that I got with rubbers on for $17 odd better than a blade that costs $50. Now I haven't played even a practice match with it yet, but against my Training Board it feels at least as good as T-8, but probably better because its lighter with same power coming from Rapid Soft no less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 00:36 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Really???? When are you going to play with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 01:23 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Probably tomorrow night. I have a mate coming around for a hit. Trouble is he's a bit of an easy-beat, so its not a real good trial. Hopefully I'll hit against my old teammate this week, will be a better triial. He plays a grade up on me, but I beat him more than he beats me lol. :twisted: I played him with the T-8 the other day and won 4 out of 6 when he wanted to quit lol. I played him tonight before comp and I think I won 3-2, but I got distracted at the end. But anyway, he's a better test of its metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 13:58 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Sounds good... Let me know how it goes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 01:47 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Ok had quite a decent hit against a mate with this last night with the Rapid Soft and the Ox Palio on. I have to say I am still quite impressed with it. It has a touch more vibration than I am used to but nothing too serious. Its not surprising for a blade so thin. My smashes were powerful even with the RS (I asked my mate after I crunched one at him if it seemed to have power, he said it clipped his wrist and the pin indicated that it did :twisted: :lol:). Loops were nice and spinny. My blocks with the Palio felt really nice and controllable, and I was amazed how shots that I normally was thinking were going long, dropped on the end of the table. I think this was mainly due to having no sponge on the LP, but it was a nice feeling. I guess what I'm saying though is that this blade had enough power where it counts, but was very controllable in the short game. I think I need to put my Tango on it to see how it fares with a higher power rubber though, because when I switched to the Cayman last night I immediately noticed the increase in power level. I just love the balsa feel. Compared to the carbon it felt so smooth. That's not to say I disliked hitting with the loopsonic. I really feel I could play an accomplished game with this blade if it was my only choice. For its price (or what I paid), its equally worth 2-3 times it. Its quite astonishing for a pre-made.

I still haven't fiddled around with the transformer bit as I can't find the key lol. It'll turn up soon I'm sure. At the moment the weight is in the middle. But I really don't expect moving it one way or the other will have much effect. I'll be sure to make an update here when I have tried Tango on it and fiddled with the weighting. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 15:10 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

thanks reb... will wait for more updates.... also, is removing the rubbers quite easy to do?