OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2009, 00:18 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

TSP Tyranno short pimples: quality grippy and tensioned short pimples rubber

TSP-Yamato says: (Google-translated)

Built-in high elastic power "BIRUTOINPAWA" (built-in power) software system speed table. Exquisite combination of speed and knuckles.
Table software is too out of the general idea that there is instability, "TIRANO" (Tyranno) and have a good sense of hitting the ball,
while the sharp attacks from the power to block better.

1. The reviewer: Intermediate level, inverted FH, short pips BH. Loop/hit. Only six months worth of SP play, though. Played TSP Tyranno
on an Avalox P500.

2. Physical Properties: Red, 2.0mm (sponge says 1.9~2.1mm), probably medium hardness sponge (think around Raystorm hardness sponge,
quite a bit softer than Friendship HRS and standard orange sponges), great quality sheet, oddly waxy/slippery feel on the pips and ITTF stamp,
received it a bit domed (agooding mentions that it is tensioned sheet).

3. Speed:
- Speed on slow strokes: Slow-medium, with ability to control pace well.
- Speed on power loops: medium/medium-fast
- Speed on power drives/smashes: fast

4. Spin:
- Spin on a loop: marginal, easy for opponent to block but enough to bring fast topspin drives down the endline.
- Spin on serves/pushes: No comment, I use inverted for serves. Marginal spin on pushes, but the spin/no spin variation is easy to perform,
and enough to create pop-ups at current level.

5. Control:
Easy blocking given the topsheet, pushing is also easy, spin pushing is hard (a given), speed goes up linearly with the use of the sponge.

6. Other Playing properties: Throw angle similar to 802-1/802. Blocked balls aren't very tricky, but was tested against short pips players,
who are probably used to these effects. Easy to hit through spin, but also a tad more difficult to spin the ball given the topsheet.
There is confidence for hitting at away from the table due to topsheet and sponge, but is not advised.

7. Reference: 802 on Avalox 40* Magic A 2.2mm red, 802-40 2.2mm red, 802-40 2.0mm red, Raystorm 2.1mm red, Spectol 21 1.8mm red.

8. Other comments: Can be considered when looking for something in-between a classic short pip (802 and the likes) and spinny SPs
(802-40 and the like) Linear feel and somewhat not-very-grippy topsheet helps well in blocking, both in passive and active. You can scrub
a lot of spin off the ball with a slightly more aggressively angled bat, allowing one to choose when to introduce the 'tricky' block.

9. Why buy?: If you don't like the high-throw, high grip feel of Raystorm, and the bottoming feel of relatively thin-sponged of 802-40 on
soft Reactor sponge. If you like to compromise between the grippy 802-40 and the relatively lower-throw, less spinny Spectol on a relatively slow frame.

Last edited by Yuzuki on 16 Nov 2009, 09:55, edited 4 times in total.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2009, 07:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Great review, careful or I might want my sheet back :lol:

Actually I got it from Alex, so he's the one you should really thank.

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2009, 08:10 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

agooding2 wrote:
Great review, careful or I might want my sheet back :lol:

Actually I got it from Alex, so he's the one you should really thank.

Oh, I am thanking him. :twisted:

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 08:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Yuzuki wrote:

1. The reviewer: Intermediate level, inverted FH, short pips BH. Loop/hit. Only six months worth of SP play, though. Played TSP Tyranno on an Avalox P500.

2. Physical Properties: Red, 2.0mm (sponge says 1.9~2.1mm), probably medium hardness sponge (think a tad harder than Raystorm, quite a bit softer than Friendship HRS and standard orange sponges), great quality sheet, oddly waxy/slippery feel on the pips and ITTF stamp, received it a bit domed (agooding mentions that it is tensioned sheet).

3. Speed:
- Speed on slow strokes: Slow-medium, with ability to control pace well.
- Speed on power loops: medium/medium-fast
- Speed on power drives/smashes: fast

4. Spin:
- Spin on a loop: marginal, easy for opponent to block but enough to bring fast topspin drives down the endline.
- Spin on serves/pushes: No comment, I use inverted for serves. Marginal spin on pushes, but the spin/no spin variation is easy to perform, and enough to create pop-ups at current level.

5. Control:
Easy blocking given the topsheet, pushing is also easy, spin pushing is hard (a given), speed goes up linearly with the use of the sponge.

6. Other Playing properties: Throw angle similar to 802-1/802. Blocked balls aren't very tricky, but was tested against short pips players, who are probably used to these effects. Easy to hit through spin, but also a tad more difficult to spin the ball given the topsheet. There is confidence for hitting at away from the table due to topsheet and sponge, but is not advised.

7. Reference: 802 on Avalox 40* Magic A 2.2mm red, 802-40 2.2mm red, 802-40 2.0mm red, Raystorm 2.1mm red, Spectol 21 1.8mm red.

8. Other comments: Can be considered when looking for something in-between a classic short pip (802 and the likes) and spinny SPs. (802-40 and the like) Linear feel and somewhat not-very-grippy topsheet helps well in blocking, both in passive and active.

9. Why buy?: If you don't like the high-throw, high grip feel of Raystorm, and the bottoming feel of relatively thin-sponged of 802-40 on soft Reactor sponge.

Thanks for this information, I will pass it on to him
tOD

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 09:57 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Updated with some more pictures. I hope they look better than the first one.