OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 01:11 
Super User

I tried the black one in 2.2 mm on a Tibhar Samsonov Carbon

42 hardness with white sponge , tacky but not excesive .. when applying speed glue a huge dome is generated.
On my blade the rubber is very bouncy but not so much like Desto F2 ; the feeling is the same.
However I played with the rubber with just a little of glue because I didn't have just a small amount of basic glue to stick the rubber to the blade. Even so is very bouncy and very soft despite the 42 hardness.The rubber was primed weeks ago with Tibhar Clean glue and Stiga Victory glue...
Sword has a very euro/jap feel completed with just enough tackiness to do whatever you want with the ball.

Flips are excellent, you can pick up the ball and with a fast move you can pass over the net with ease and great amount of spin.

Looping is a dream you don't care of the incomming spin , just you have to be sure that you hit with the sponge not just brush the ball. Here the rubber is like the euro/jap if you hit through the ball and follow-through enough you'll be amazed by the amount of mechanical spin ... Counterlooping is not a problem , the rubber is low-throw ,the ressemblance with Desto F2 is amazing , but here you have more control , you can do WHATEVER YOU WANT with the rubber : slow-spin , side-spin (this is awesome) and if you hit hard the incomming spin doesn't bother you at all. Brush-loops are a no, no ...
When smashing the ball , the sound (I have a carbon stiff blade) is great and after the table is hit the trajectory of the ball becomes very low and the ball goes directly on the floor.
Serving , pushing, chopping are not a problem too, maybe cause of the tackiness+soft sponge. But you must have in your head the fact that you are using a euro/jap rubber-like not a chinese one... As soon you are treating the rubber the right way the results are comming ....

I think I found the holy grail for me : Samsonov Carbon + Sword King. Just for now ... but in the future , who knows :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 06:17 
Super User

Damn, now I really need to make an order from Eacheng. I've wanted to try Sword King for a while, but this review made it sound even better! What's the weight like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 07:36 
Super User

Light enough , lighter than Globe 999 National ... the whole aspect looks like an euro tacky rubber - like I said a slightly slower Desto F2 with mild tackiness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 09:38 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The Sword King rubber I tried a few weeks back was not that impressive to me... I found the throw really low on slow loops, and for power loops the trajectory was quite flat....

Don't get me wrong, it was not a bad rubber, and my expectations were probably a little high, but it did not feel that special to me (and that was glued up too).

I did like the topsheet, looks very shiny and feels fairly tacky.

So either your sheet was different to mine, or this rubber suits your style a lot better than mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2007, 10:46 
Super User

I've ordered three sheets of Reactor Tornado, another rubber once used by the HK Nat team. It's medium in weight (roughly 60 grams uncut, according to the guy I bought it from, maybe less if he was counting the protection film), and it's reportedly extremely fast and spinny. If it's really light enough to work on my twiddler, it may stay on there until I can get some PT-50 for it, or who knows? Maybe I'll like it enough that I won't bother to replace it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 06:47 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
The Sword King rubber I tried a few weeks back was not that impressive to me... I found the throw really low on slow loops, and for power loops the trajectory was quite flat....

Don't get me wrong, it was not a bad rubber, and my expectations were probably a little high, but it did not feel that special to me (and that was glued up too).

I did like the topsheet, looks very shiny and feels fairly tacky.

So either your sheet was different to mine, or this rubber suits your style a lot better than mine.

Well , I am generating much spin so the low-throw suits me better than the high-throw rubbers- I have no problem passing the net. I like better low-throw rubbers and as I said above this rubber seems very much look-alike my Desto F2 which is 2.0. The tack was not much (I said the rubber was primed weeks ago and my friend played with this rubber) , even so the sheet is not so tacky like MilkyWay 3* , the tackiness is in the class of Higher 3 rubber.

If you play the european play with this rubber it's a winner.
First impression was for me the same as for you Alex that the powerloops are flat , BUT you can obtain very much spin if you hit with the sponge and follow more forward or side-forward if you want sidespin.
Ironic is the fact that my friend who owned the rubber was disappointed by how that rubber performs, so I was curious to try it. After I played with him about 1,5 hour he said "Today you were unf&%ingbelievable !". Fact was that I felt I could do anything with that rubber...

So as a conclusion : who wants a control, low-throw(the throw is like Desto F2), euro-feel rubber is free to try Sword King...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2007, 07:01 
Super User

Samsonov - Kreanga Top 12 2007

http://lucioping.altervista.org/Video/2 ... p%2012.htm

Please look the first set when the score is 2-1. The next point is an incredible rally with loops that are clearing the net for at least 50 cm(that is more like spanish tennis on claycourt than table tennis). I am not saying I am like Kreanga ("I am too old for this sh1t" :lol: ), but amaizing things can be done even with low throw rubbers(in this case Bryce & Rapid)