OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Tenergy
PostPosted: 24 May 2008, 21:56 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

anyone tried Tenergy? Is it faster or slower than roxon 500???

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2008, 13:35 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I have used Tenergy 05 on my Nittaku. I must say, if I don't try another rubber, this will be the one for me. Initially, it was like a wild beast. The balls going where no balls has gone before or should I say, going where I never intended it to go :oops: Anyway, now that I have had more time and persevered with it, and being able to control it better now, I must say it gives good feel with every shot I make. Maybe it is due to its combination with a hinoki blade, but this rubber is both very powerful and spinny. I just love it. Unfortunately, I have not tried any Roxon so cannot give you a comparison there.

I note that you have the roxon 500. How long have you used it for? Is it durable? I used to have the Andro Revolution. I like that rubber very much but the topsheet does break up easily at the edges. It does not affect play because I hit the ball mostly at centre of bat but it is visually annoying.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2008, 18:08 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

I've got the roxon in max on a slow hinoki blade, and I like it a lot. I think Max is a bit too much, as the rubber is pretty rigid, and trying a friends 500 2mm on a gatien extra, his was more elastic. I had no idea how fast the 500 was wen I bought it and thought I'd need max, but I'm thinking of going down to 2mm. The tenergy marketing makes a lot about its 'spinniness' so thought I may try that instead

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2008, 08:45 

There's also a review on the Table Tennis Database:

Butterfly Tenergy 05 Reviews

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2008, 11:52 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Allright Arthur, I take a look at it. I got Bryce used here from a forum member and really like it on the TBS for countering topspin and blocking. New products from BTY that are pimped to be better interest me, although my trigger finger will be slow. (Slow to buy it at first, until I become independently wealthy)

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2008, 12:01 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
One thing that comes to mind is our old friend Hedgehog. He runs a Korean site and has probably reviewed this one with the help of a hundred TT friends who could murder most of us in TT, likely with a 7 page review. Too bad he doesn't post much lately.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 07:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Got another review here: Butterfly Tenergy Review

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 21:19 

I've been using it on my FH for a while. First of all, this rubber needs time to adjust. Figuring out the blade angles and responses for different strokes takes time, maybe more so than others. It's completely different compared to tensors. No brittle topsheet, no mushy sponges, no problem with grippines etc. It's very grippy, one of best among nontacky rubbers. Naturally serves, pushes are very spinny. Looping is easy. Seems it's better for brush looping kind. However as I mentioned before, sometimes it confuses the player with the reactions it does for some shots. You can say to yourself; hey I didn't mean to do that! Time/training helps ofcourse. It's been nearly a month since I received it, and I'm much more consistent. Sponge is med to hard (close to classic chinese), but feels softer when looping. I cannot say it's bouncy. According to fast tensors, it's not bouncy at all. Looping backspin is easy. I was suprised how easy it was with JO Silver, Tenergy is same or even better when the ball has higher levels of backspin. Negatives for me are the price, and the heavy weight. Since I use SP on BH, weight does not affect me that much but I cannot imagine using it both sides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 21:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Cheers speaquinox, and welcome back... don't remember seeing you for a long time :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 21:57 

haggisv wrote:
Cheers speaquinox, and welcome back... don't remember seeing you for a long time :wink:

Thanks Alex. Actually I visit daily and read most, but don't have much to contribute :)
BTW I received the Kiso Hinoki and the 802-40. Thanks again. Sealed the blade but didn't have time to try them. I'll report later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 22:29 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

Spending time in my local shop, and trying the tensors and tenergy, I found Yasaka Pryde, to be spinnier than Tenergy, slightly more elastic and a better touch around the net. Pryde doesn't seem to get a lot of forum mentions, but it is well worth checking out

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 22:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

speaquinox wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Thanks Alex. Actually I visit daily and read most, but don't have much to contribute :)
BTW I received the Kiso Hinoki and the 802-40. Thanks again. Sealed the blade but didn't have time to try them. I'll report later.

Aha, another lurker... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you have a lot to contribute, just have to find the right topic :wink:

Yes will be good to hear how you go with the kiso hinoki, cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2008, 01:57 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
speaquinox wrote:
I've been using it on my FH for a while. First of all, this rubber needs time to adjust. Figuring out the blade angles and responses for different strokes takes time, maybe more so than others. It's completely different compared to tensors. No brittle topsheet, no mushy sponges, no problem with grippines etc. It's very grippy, one of best among nontacky rubbers. Naturally serves, pushes are very spinny. Looping is easy. Seems it's better for brush looping kind. However as I mentioned before, sometimes it confuses the player with the reactions it does for some shots. You can say to yourself; hey I didn't mean to do that! Time/training helps ofcourse. It's been nearly a month since I received it, and I'm much more consistent. Sponge is med to hard (close to classic chinese), but feels softer when looping. I cannot say it's bouncy. According to fast tensors, it's not bouncy at all. Looping backspin is easy. I was suprised how easy it was with JO Silver, Tenergy is same or even better when the ball has higher levels of backspin. Negatives for me are the price, and the heavy weight. Since I use SP on BH, weight does not affect me that much but I cannot imagine using it both sides.

Thank you for the short review... how heavy is the Tenergy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2008, 16:39 

It's approx. as heavy as my 40 deg. H3 provincial. It is possibly a bi heavier than H3 blue sponge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2008, 16:54 

julian wrote:
Spending time in my local shop, and trying the tensors and tenergy, I found Yasaka Pryde, to be spinnier than Tenergy, slightly more elastic and a better touch around the net. Pryde doesn't seem to get a lot of forum mentions, but it is well worth checking out

Actually, I'm interested in Pryde but I could only find iruiru carrying this rubber and iruiru's shipping rates are high for 1-2 rubber sheets. So ended up ordering Roxon 500 Pro among the latest tensors from a local dealer who gave a huge discount for me to try the rubber. My major concern about tensors is grippiness. I cannot understand why they cannot put a nice grippy topsheet.