OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Durability of Tenergy
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2008, 00:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

How does this rubber hold up? Is it fragile like Tensors? Might it be expected to last twice as long, which economically would make it about the same as a sheet of JO Gold, assuming that one like the playing characteristics equally? A sheet of JO Gold lasts me about a month.

Is there a reason to believe I might like it as much or more than JO Gold in terms of its playing characteristics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 08:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Crickets. Door creeks. Sound of wind. Bird calling in the distance. Silence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 09:21 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I have used Tenergy for a few months now. Same for my bro-in-law. I play 3 times a week for about 2 hours each time. So far, all we need do is wipe it clean with a moist sponge and it looks as good as new. Playingwise, and my skill level is not all that high, the tenergy has not deteriorate at all. Speed, power and spin still the same as when new. I even accidentally scrape the edge of the rubber against the table and fortunately, still good and no tear though I heard someone else tore his. I have not used Coppa Gold so can't give you a comparison there. My only gripe with the Tenergy is the weight as it is a tad heavy.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 18:25 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I've used tenergy for about 5 or 6 weeks now. Durability is average. Not extraordinarily tough like the hurricanes nor are they fragile like the early tensors. I have ripped and chipped one sheet though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2008, 21:43 
Liquid Evil Chopper

fattchoi wrote:
I have used Tenergy for a few months now. Same for my bro-in-law. I play 3 times a week for about 2 hours each time. So far, all we need do is wipe it clean with a moist sponge and it looks as good as new. Playingwise, and my skill level is not all that high, the tenergy has not deteriorate at all. Speed, power and spin still the same as when new. I even accidentally scrape the edge of the rubber against the table and fortunately, still good and no tear though I heard someone else tore his. I have not used Coppa Gold so can't give you a comparison there. My only gripe with the Tenergy is the weight as it is a tad heavy.

Cheers.

I had the priviledge of playing with fattchoi's Darker Hinoki 90 today (with Tenegy FH) and my gosh! what an experience! Rubber looks pretty good condition-wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 01:10 

Blade: OSP Imune Pushblocker
FH: Yasaka Rakza Z
BH: DrNeubauer TroubleMaker
Beer Belly wrote:
fattchoi wrote:

Cheers.

I had the priviledge of playing with fattchoi's Darker Hinoki 90 today (with Tenegy FH) and my gosh! what an experience! Rubber looks pretty good condition-wise.

I've use the same blade/rubber and I agree :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 13:09 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

@Beer Belly: I hope you enjoyed your visit to the Seals. It is a bit small with 6 tables trying to satisfy the TT need of a fair number of players. Anyway, it is really nice to have met you. I will see you again at the ELITE club, I am sure :D

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2008, 14:30 
Liquid Evil Chopper

Hehe nice to meet you too fattchoi! My Darker 90 is now at Sydney customs... *rubs hands*