OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Dr Neubauer Punch
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2022, 20:43 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Dr Neubauer PUNCH

The groundbreaking Allround-Weapon with long pimples

PUNCH is a new benchmark for an allround type of game with long pimples.
It is a real breakthrough since the rubber is both highly versatile and very effective.

Passive blocking and especially chop-blocking with a short and fast movement will cause trouble to the opponent.

However PUNCH unveils its full potential while playing actively:
Attacking has become amazingly easy. Aggressive pushing, flicking and even straight hitting can be performed at ease including for service returning.
With a bit of practice even float balls can be counter-attacked.

This makes PUNCH an ideal weapon for blocking and chop-blocking close to the table and then putting the opponent under pressure right away.

Category: Long pimples
Colours: red + black
Sponge: OX/0.6/1.0/1.3mm
Speed: 58
Spin: 88
Control: 83
Sponge hardness
40°

Post subject: Re: Dr Neubauer Punch
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2022, 20:45 

Punch OX rubber black review:

Pips are small to medium and on the medium / harder feel.

Pushing and service return:
Just fine, ball goes low over the table, quite insensitive to spin. Little bit of grip to be able to start an attack immediately. Pushing is good too. A lot of options when returning the serve. Easy to do. If you serve long and deep with a sort of cutsideserve with this pip these are sometimes direct points for you, so serving yourself is easy too. ;)

Attacking + counterattack:
This is were the rubber really shines… Never been able to attack so confidently and easy with adjusted technique than with this one. Path is also disruptive. :devil: Acceleration is easy to do. A lot of options here too… And this for a long pip, this is just wooow… Very impressive.
It seems you can attack with a little bit of adjusted medium pip technique: ball dives and comes back a little bit higher to start up your FH attack. 8)

Chop block / chop / blocking:
Chop block is easy, just had a little bit of problems to keep them short, but I only have to blame myself because that needs practice and training.
Normal (passive) blocking is just fine, when you have the right angel you can counter attack too which causes a floating sinking action of the ball, really deceptive.
Chopping with this is good, good control and able to put the ball on the table if you are in second zone. Reversal is good, not huge in first and second chop but in third chop can be massive and causes troubles for opponents. :whew:
Do not expect the high reversal of Hellfire, D Tecs and Dorneglanz. The reversal is good in the first 2 chops of the Punch rubber but not at the high choplevel of those 3 pips.

Deception + summary:
I was very impressed by all the things this rubber has. It is all in one package. This pip suits players with an allround game close to the table.
For players who rely on attacking shots with long pip this is the one. If someone is looking for a (avarage) deceptive long pip that really can do it all: Punch rubber is the way to go.
Chop block close to the table + putting pressure like the package said.
On the defensive side it has it variability too. But If you only rely on chopping and high reversal there are better pips for that. Control is average in general and need some time to adjust. Troublemaker has more control.

I played a lot with medium pips. Never thought that I would play long pips again but the punch rubber makes me doubt. Especially the deception and the allround + sometimes disruptive quality makes this one so good. You can’t find disruption and allround ability’s and attacking opportinities all in one rubber. This proves the opposite and can be a new hype in tabletennis World for the allround attacking player with LP, only defense in emerengy situation + for players who have a strong forehand and good footwork. It has some nice secrets inside and needs a little time to break in. It has a little bit of everything but not everything is at the highest level. This is also not possible because nowadays there is no holygrail in long pips in tabletennis. Your personal skill with pips only makes you better and you have to decide which part in a pip you want or not.
This can be my new rubber for the next season. I’m just going to train with it more and we will see… :rock:

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2022, 07:26 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Can anyone translate from Thai to offer a general summary of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jogN2r ... 9%E0%B9%8C

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 01:24 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
BJ20 how are you getting on with Punch two months later? As a previous MP user do you think Punch could work well with say 0.6mm sponge for improved control when attacking or is ox fine with no need for sponge. I suppose the choice of blade will influence this a bit, does your Matador blade have a hard or soft feel?

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2022, 21:41 

Blade: Darker 7P 2A DF
FH: Spinfire
BH: TSP Curl P1
We were testing the Neubauer Punch in 0.6, I leave you my opinion and the link to the video we recorded

It is a magnificent all round pimple, it is very easy to attack with it, It had been a long time since I had tasted such a safe long pip to attack

It is safe in all aspects, chop, push..it is not very annoying but very safe, it clearly has an attacking soul.
Ideal for an active game, a great option for those of us who like to be aggressive with pimples

https://youtu.be/d5UUCQSpeDI

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2022, 18:16 
Super User

Really useful video thanks as I have been considering exactly the same i.e. Punch 0.6 black. It will probably play a bit different once fresh glue effect wears off, pips and sponge soften with play and in a warmer room.
On another forum someone mentioned that the sponge version was much less annoying than the Ox. So I suppose it depends on the type of game you want play, more annoying could also mean harder to control.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2022, 02:21 
Super User

Picked up a sheet of Punch 0.6mm black today and will try it on one of my Bloodhound blades as an alternative to lion claw 0.5mm, for an attacking MP style of play in which too much reversal can be a hindrance.

Punch pips are thinner and softer than on the Lion Claw, more densely packed and vertical rather than Hz, so will probably play quite differently.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2022, 17:32 

Hi Chasfox,

The ‘Punch rubber’ is diffenitely a good rubber. I’m a little bit in a ‘love-hate affair’.
It is not definitely the rubber, it is only because of myself that is doens’t work properly: the moment when a player thinks the problem is the material and not the man himself (the legs and the head).

I, myself am not in a favor for OX long pips, I always use my LP in 0.6 sponge or more but I had a change to test it in OX. I tested it also in 0.6. For me a better combination: more control, you can create a little bit of your own spin thanks to the sponge. Deception and knuckle balls are less with the sponge version.
I would say that this pip is better for the attacking options. 8)
Defensive wise it is very OK and very good allround. But I suggest to put pressure with this LP than rather stuck in defence. If you are looking for deception and reversal like Dornenglanz, Hellfire, D Tecs this is not the one. It is more for attacking LP players. Deception is average but increase when you put pressure when attacking with it, ball dives a little bit. It attacks like adjusted MP technique like I said before but you can easy build a game around it very well. Because when you attack with it, the ball comes back higher: FH attack/hit, attack with Punch rubber. :rock:
With the sponge I felt that the deception is average, not very high. At the level of most MP. With OX deception is better. People well rather miss because they think reversal is high (sometimes it is), but there are some dead balls in it too, they attack the ball and goes over the table long. I can only conclude: A very good allround pip, average deception (level MP) with a lot of possiblities when attacking (counterattack, hit, attack backspin) + defense and chopblock with average/good control, average reversal. Easy to build a game around this pip. :punch:

The feel from the Matador Texa Balsa blade is on the harder scale: would say medium – hard. It pairs very well with Tibhar MX P 1.9 or 2.1 sponge for my taste, very good combination. The Punch rubber is also very good on this blade. :up:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2022, 21:37 

Blade: Darker 7P 2A DF
FH: Spinfire
BH: TSP Curl P1
ChasFox wrote:
Really useful video thanks as I have been considering exactly the same i.e. Punch 0.6 black. It will probably play a bit different once fresh glue effect wears off, pips and sponge soften with play and in a warmer room.
On another forum someone mentioned that the sponge version was much less annoying than the Ox. So I suppose it depends on the type of game you want play, more annoying could also mean harder to control.

Thanks. As you say, the pimples in ox are more annoying but it also greatly affects the type of wood

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2023, 01:53 
Super User

BJ20 are you still playing with Punch. or have you switched to Desperado Reloaded? If you have played both how do they compare

I initially tried black Punch 0.6 on my bloodhound blade and then removed the sponge as it was easy to play with but no dive or wobble. On the hard stiff Bloodhound Punch OX was great against over the table pushers and LP's but impossible for me to control against fast shots the ball just shooting off my blade too fast and low.

Then I tried it on my softer and slower balsa carbon blades and the extra dwell and control gave me much more options. Being a MP player i.e prefer sponge I then glued the Punch topsheet to HrS 0.5mm sponge which is harder and a bit faster then the standard Punch sponge and initial play is promising with a good balance of control Vs disturbance. Summary so far Punch is very blade dependent especially in ox. the slower and softer the better.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2023, 04:40 

Hi Chasfox, I'm going to write my review from Desperado Reloaded next week if i find the time.
I will make a new topic in the Long Pips gallery.
Then you can compare those 2 rubbers.

Desperado Reloaded is more deadly and yet still very good control. :devil:
Good reversal also, a lot more than Punch.
Counterattacking and attacking in general is also very good with Desperado Reloaded.
I can say that in general: The Punch rubber is the medium pip of the long pips 8)
Those 2 rubbers are very high quality as always with Dr Neubauer rubbers :rock:

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2023, 09:46 

Blade: Appelgren Dotec Control
FH: Glayzer 09C 1.9mm
BH: Sabotage DEF/ALL .5mm
Dr. Neubauer Punch is definitely a superb blocking and attacking rubber but also good for chopping, close to the table chop blocking, though super heavy spin reversal is not its strength. Variation of the spin is excellent. I had been training with Explosion soft (the safest in the Explosion series IMHO) for about 8 months but no matter the speed of the blade, I was still lacking control, I blame myself not the rubber. But playing with short/medium pips gave me more of an all-around backhand pip style/mentality.

I chose Punch 1.3mm and although much slower than Explosion soft, it has great control with spin variation, depending on the stroke of choice against whichever spin is coming.

Played my first 2000 rated player today (mine rating has been dipping, and deservedly so, 1773), it was a close match that could have gone either way. The old Carl Prean punch block is very effective when in position.