OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2007, 02:46 

I would like to know how these 2 rubbers compare on close-to-the-table play.

I plan to shift to grippy long pimples now in preparation for the frictionless ban by July of next year, since my Alligator Soft i'm afraid will get the axe.

Thanks in advance. :)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2007, 06:22 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

I have played with DHS C8, but only OX. I used it for close to the table play, because in OX it's fairly difficult to chop a fast loop (any loop really...) on the table from mid/far distance.

The C8 can produce very awkward balls (OX of course...) but it is hard to attack consistently with it. Keeping chops on underspin low is hard, but you can get good spin reversal on blocks and chop-blocks near the table. Using the sidewards swiping technique works fine!

In OX it was both fast and slow: flat-out hitting is extremely fast (I know, it's OX), whereas from far behind the table you may have trouble getting it back.

Overall it's a nice close to the table LP

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 01:56 

C8 is the better LP overall but 1615 is also a relatively cheap intro to grippy LP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 03:00 
Super User

1615 has smaller stiffer pips and is slower. c8 has bigger,softer pips and feels rubberier.

i like c8 on sponge for chopping but 1615 is probably better for block and hit play.

i think my 1615 ox was the prasida(sp) version. it was the worst thing i've ever seen to try to glue on. the base sheet has no stiffness at all in any direction. it wont even roll up, it just wads up like tissue paper. i had to glue it, let it dry, set it on the edge of a table and actually apply the blade to the rubber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 07:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks for the tips bcbcbc... and welcome to the forum!

I've has to glue a few OX LP like that! What works for me is to roll it around a bottle (pimples on the glass) an then slowly roll it onto the blade...

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 16:37 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

mqr 116 wrote:
I would like to know how these 2 rubbers compare on close-to-the-table play.

I plan to shift to grippy long pimples now in preparation for the frictionless ban by July of next year, since my Alligator Soft i'm afraid will get the axe.

Thanks in advance. :)

I like C8 OX a lot for an attacking LP game. Hits hard, spin reversal is good for a grippy pip. If ti escapes the ban I'll probably go back to that unless something new comes up. Don't forget that no knows yet exactly which rubbers are above the min friction level, so moving to anything now in anticipation may be a bad move

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 17:41 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

julian wrote:
Don't forget that no knows yet exactly which rubbers are above the min friction level, so moving to anything now in anticipation may be a bad move

P1r would have to be safe, seeing pros are using it. I presume it's around the same level of friction as C8/Destroyer.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!